• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boot for backs

SixteenSixtySix

Academy Player
Country Flag
Malaysia
Club or Nation
New Zealand
I'm curious to what will happen if a strong, big, explosive back wears a traction boot like the Adipower Kakari or FF80 that are made for forwards, would help them on fending and/or tackling. Also, does any international back wear traction boots (actual ones, not like the Nike Mercurial Vapor as some have said) rather than speed-specific boots?

Way too technical for me! Hated boots, learnt to kick goals with bare feet; never felt the same with boots on. But rules are rules.

Traction boots? Like 8 studded ones?
I doubt it.
Some players wear Asics and Mizuno boots which are more traditional type boots than, say, Adidas Predator/F*** series etc.

Nah most guys I play with wear soccer boots, I wear Vapor's, comfy & very light.

Traction boots? Like 8 studded ones?
I doubt it.
Some players wear Asics and Mizuno boots which are more traditional type boots than, say, Adidas Predator/F*** series etc.

Examples of such boots? Btw, my country's dirt are pretty hard and dry (most of the time) so Predator FG boots are actually pretty great for it

Examples of such boots? Btw, my country's dirt are pretty hard and dry (most of the time) so Predator FG boots are actually pretty great for it

17677.jpg

17286.jpg

Those are soft ground versions, but they do moulded too.

You can buy rugby studs that fit into all football boots, basically - look at the amount of wingers that use Mercurial Vapors, for example.
Moulded ones, these days, there's no difference - moulded football is the same as rugby (basically as long as the moulded stud has a rubber tip, not solid plastic, it's good. - Rugby studs are generally all metal, or at least mostly metal, whereas football studs generally have metal tips and are mostly plastic).

Nah, can't see any benefit. These seem more suited for what you're after as a power back

nice-ballet-shoes.jpg

Nah, can't see any benefit. These seem more suited for what you're after as a power back

nice-ballet-shoes.jpg

I'm one of those strength-oriented backs (eventho I'm not bulky). Not very fast, but I can bring down a forward so this won't really help.

Last edited:

Latest posts