• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Borderlands

T

toup

Any of you ladies and gents got involved with this one yet?

Anyone who enjoyed Diablo or the Fallout games would love it. Definitely best played (in my opinion) on one machine, split screen with a mate. The RPG / FPS mix is perfectly handled in my book, and the compulsion to 'just go on one more looting raid' is frequently overwhelming.

Great game, could be one of the sleeper hits of the year I reckon.

It's reviewed well, but apparently there's a really bad glitch on it where you lose all your points, exp etc if you take your character online. Not good.

there was patch due out for the console versions today or tomorrow. I got on pc been playing it solo mainly defintely a good game and like toup I think it could perhaps be one of the sleeper hits of the year. I'm level 19 as brick on my first playthrough and have been enjoying it quite a lot. would recommend everyone at least rent it to see if they like it or not.

I've not encountered the glitch, but the majority of my time has been either single player or split-screen co-op with my housemate. As above, I think there's a patch now but can't confirm that as my housemate may have installed it when I wasn't there.

I was initially concerned that this game would come down too much to numbers (i.e. the stats governed whether you won a particular battle) and the FPS game was just window dressing. I'm pleased that once I started playing this more like a normal FPS rather than just 'relying' on having better weapons, it actually does reward skilled gaming rather than just finding the best guns and levelling up.

Still enjoying this immensely, and think it's definitely got some lasting appeal with all the looting (respawning areas mean that you can always go back for some more 'target practice') and trying the game with different character classes. All in all, I stand by my original verdict.

I played this but got bored really fast, Diablo 3 though is a game im really looking forward too.

Latest posts