• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bourgoin v Leicester - Pool 4

A

An Tarbh

Leicester have named a completely different team to that which lost to Northampton in the EDF Cup last weekend, and given the performance that Bourgoin put in against Munster you'd expect them to give Leicester quite a match tomorow evening.

Bourgoin: 15 Sebastien Laloo, 14 Matthieu Nicolas, 13 Guillaume Bousses, 12 Rudi Coetzee, 11 Jean-Francois Coux, 10 Benjamin Boyet, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Brice Monzeglio, 7 Mark Rennie, 6 Julien Bonnaire (capt), 5 Bryce Williams, 4 Carlo Del Fava, 3 Olivier Sourgens, 2 Remy Vigneaux, 1 Olivier Milloud.
Replacements: 16 Benoit Cabello, 17 Pablo Cardinali, 18 Davit Khinchagishvili, 19 Wessel Jooste, 20 Glenn Davis, 21 Florian Denos, 22 Mike Prendergast.

Leicester: 15 Sam Vesty, 14 Geordan Murphy, 13 Dan Hipkiss, 12 Daryl Gibson, 11 Tom Varndell, 10 Andy Goode, 9 Harry Ellis, 8 Martin Corry ©, 7 Shane Jennings, 6 Lewis Moody, 5 Louis Deacon, 4 Leo Cullen, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 George Chuter, 1 Marcos Ayerza.
Replacements: 16 James Buckland, 17 Alex Moreno, 18 James Hamilton, 19 Brett Deacon, 20 Scott Bemand, 21 Matt Cornwell, 22 John Murphy.

Date: Friday, December 8
Venue: Stade Pierre-Rajon
Kick-off: 20:30 (19:30 GMT)
Referee: Nigel Whitehouse (Wales)

Bit of a mess for Leicester. Corry says it's all knock-out games for them since the Munster loss, but they had to get that bonus and failed. Stupid.

A plus for them that they spread it a bit in the rain, and Goode showed his running game while delivering some rotten clearances and touch kicks. Their forwards handled really well for the second try and executed some express-train rolling mauls. Murphy scored, but didn't show up otherwise.

Bourgoin, what's up with French rugby? They ran backwards in the pack during the first half, and knuckled down during the second. And the Leicester line out was disrupted as well. But still, it was a home game, so their first half was shameful. The outhalf wasted some hard won possession with over/under-cooked kicking. They ran well in the backs, but their execution was off.

Leicester don't have the smarts to upset Munster. Should English rugby introduce an IQ test? What would they do now for the What, me ref!? sneakiness of Back and Johnson?

Hah!
Considering i didn't know the score when i read your post i could have sworn that Leicester ended up losing.

Hah!
Considering i didn't know the score when i read your post i could have sworn that Leicester ended up losing.
[/b]
Jah, they're winners alright. :bana:

Latest posts