Boxing is a joke

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MWQs8nMsZNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What an utterly repulsive, elitist and corrupt piece of **** excuse for a combat sport boxing is. At least Vince McMahon is honest that his product is theatre.

Derek Chisora is an embarrassment to British boxing first slapping Klitschko then all the stupid actions after the fight in the ring he then tops it off by scrapping with David Haye seems to want to be a gangster more than a boxer threatening to shoot Haye, there has got to be a bit of so os before a fight but shake hands after it and let it go, not a good advertisment for British boxing at all, thanks Chisora you embarrassment!

Haye isnt much better, I like boxing think its great but these idiots should be banned from the sport what a pair of idiots.

Have to say, did make me laugh when he was saying "How's your toe, how's your toe" - David Haye is a joke, yet thinks he's some sort of God.

Chisora is nothing but a chav. Slapping at the weigh in, spitting in his Wlad's face and then brawling at the post match event.

Would love to see Chisora vs Haye though, think Haye would get knocked out.

Saw this a few hours ago. Amazing.

The problem with boxing and in my opinion to a greater extent UFC is that for every hard working, modest professional out there trying to be the best and put food on the table, there are thugs. While the Klitschko's aren't always exciting in their style, they are what I like to see in a champion. Too many boxers that try to be tough, and more often than not those are the boxers that never reach their potential.

To say boxing is a joke is unfair. The Klitschko's, Thomas Adamek, Eddie Chambers, Chauncy Welliver, Alexander Povetkin, Nikolay Valuev all are good boxers in the heavyweight rankings and they conduct themselves well outside the ring. The problem is that with the Klitschko's dominating what is probably the weakest the devision has been in 70 years, boxing promoters need big hype and outlandish personalities to sell. Haye and Chisora are jokes. Haye is a salesman whom hypes his fights to death but doesn't earn them. He just lost his heavyweight ***le in a unification bout to Wladimir Klitschko and doesn't expect to fight anyone before getting a shot against Vitali? He interrupts press conferences and gets media attention though iPhone apps and T-Shirts, but he hasn't show that he is the best in his devision. That being said, at least he's beaten Valuev, Barrett, Ruiz and Harrison, even if they were all past their prime. Who has Chisora beaten? Danny Williams? A guy 10 years older than him, coming off a loss against no name Carl Baker.

Chisora is just a straight thug and doesn't belong in boxing. He's an idiot. He's now had three losses in four fights. On the bright side as much as the heavyweight devision is going stale the welterweight devision is more of a joke despite its interest. You have Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr; the two top P4P boxers in the world who won't fight eachother, in a fight that will generate them tens of millions of dollars and generate interest in boxing. Had they fought two years ago they'd both be near their prime, now it looks like both are slipping. Floyd is those most obnoxious and arrogant boxer ever. Even boxers like Prince Naseem Hamed and Roy Jones Jr showed their opponents respect after taunting them, Floyd is just a nasty piece of work with a bad attitude and a dim IQ.

Anyway, that's my rant over.

Personally I think Haye would beat Chisora to be honest. He's faster and has a harder punch.

Personally I think Haye would beat Chisora to be honest. He's faster and has a harder punch.

It's not about how hard you can hit but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. Sorry couldn't resist.:D

Mind you Wladamir's is no saint in this. He walked into Chisora's dressing room whilst he was getting his hands strapped and deemed that his hands were being illegally wrapped, so they had to re-warp them just to please Wladamir. Whilst this was going on the British Boxing Officer who was meant to be there was called out and was not seen for the entire time Wladamir was in the changing room, something that annoyed Frank Warren no end. Then Chisora was not allowed to enter the arena to the Only Fools and Horses Theme song by the Klitschko Camp.

Then Vitali said after the fight he would fight Haye. The Klitschko management said that Haye was not willing to sign. Yet Haye has. He's also taken a pay cut and bowed once again to the Klitschko's demands. In all honesty the Klitschko have strangled the life out of the heavyweight division, good boxers but in recent times their demands to fight only on their terms and always at home has for me has slightly tarnished their reputation. They may be champions but unwilling to fight outside of their comfort zone and not willing to accept a hit on their purse to me shows a complete and utter farce the heavyweight division is.

I love Haye and hope he lays Chisora the eff out! That's all I've got to offer really :p

I don't bother watching professional boxing these days it's one of the most corrupt sports going.

What a mess. Chisora needs to have his professional license revoked, Haye needs a serious fine. Although that won't happen because all the publicity generated if Haye vs Chisora takes off will generate a lot of money.

Personally, I'd like to see that fight just because Haye would destroy Chisora and that needs to happen. Going 12 rounds against Klitschko is all very well, but he was utterly outclassed. Haye, at least, is a former champion and a very good boxer.

Either way the sport is corrupt and an absolute mess - ruined by money and the behaviour of its superstars. Sounds like football to me.

What a mess. Chisora needs to have his professional license revoked, Haye needs a serious fine. Although that won't happen because all the publicity generated if Haye vs Chisora takes off will generate a lot of money.

Personally, I'd like to see that fight just because Haye would destroy Chisora and that needs to happen. Going 12 rounds against Klitschko is all very well, but he was utterly outclassed. Haye, at least, is a former champion and a very good boxer.

Either way the sport is corrupt and an absolute mess - ruined by money and the behaviour of its superstars. Sounds like football to me.

Worse than football. At least football has a system whereby the best teams always get to compete for the biggest prizes. In boxing it's more a matter of who's promoting you and what angle you can bring to a fight than your actual ability.

Saw this a few hours ago. Amazing.

The problem with boxing and in my opinion to a greater extent UFC is that for every hard working, modest professional out there trying to be the best and put food on the table, there are thugs. While the Klitschko's aren't always exciting in their style, they are what I like to see in a champion. Too many boxers that try to be tough, and more often than not those are the boxers that never reach their potential.

To say boxing is a joke is unfair. The Klitschko's, Thomas Adamek, Eddie Chambers, Chauncy Welliver, Alexander Povetkin, Nikolay Valuev all are good boxers in the heavyweight rankings and they conduct themselves well outside the ring. The problem is that with the Klitschko's dominating what is probably the weakest the devision has been in 70 years, boxing promoters need big hype and outlandish personalities to sell. Haye and Chisora are jokes. Haye is a salesman whom hypes his fights to death but doesn't earn them. He just lost his heavyweight ***le in a unification bout to Wladimir Klitschko and doesn't expect to fight anyone before getting a shot against Vitali? He interrupts press conferences and gets media attention though iPhone apps and T-Shirts, but he hasn't show that he is the best in his devision. That being said, at least he's beaten Valuev, Barrett, Ruiz and Harrison, even if they were all past their prime. Who has Chisora beaten? Danny Williams? A guy 10 years older than him, coming off a loss against no name Carl Baker.

Chisora is just a straight thug and doesn't belong in boxing. He's an idiot. He's now had three losses in four fights. On the bright side as much as the heavyweight devision is going stale the welterweight devision is more of a joke despite its interest. You have Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr; the two top P4P boxers in the world who won't fight eachother, in a fight that will generate them tens of millions of dollars and generate interest in boxing. Had they fought two years ago they'd both be near their prime, now it looks like both are slipping. Floyd is those most obnoxious and arrogant boxer ever. Even boxers like Prince Naseem Hamed and Roy Jones Jr showed their opponents respect after taunting them, Floyd is just a nasty piece of work with a bad attitude and a dim IQ.

Anyway, that's my rant over.

I generally agree with this. The UFC has it over boxing in that it ensures its best fight each other. I think UFC tends to toss away its fighters too easily when they lose and that's what I don't like about it.

The only thing I would say is, did you watch the Helenius fight? Chisora clearly won it ( landed double what Helenius did IIRC) yet lost to a home town split decision. Chisora did do something to earn the bout at least.

Anyway, I think boxing is a great sport. It is a one on one contest between two guys and I like the fact it has actual rules (not striking people when they are down). A great boxing match is hard to beat and will live on through history unlike lots of sporting events. Obviously some of the people involved do ruin the sport but there are plenty of good guys in the sport.

I generally agree with this. The UFC has it over boxing in that it ensures its best fight each other. I think UFC tends to toss away its fighters too easily when they lose and that's what I don't like about it.

The only thing I would say is, did you watch the Helenius fight? Chisora clearly won it ( landed double what Helenius did IIRC) yet lost to a home town split decision. Chisora did do something to earn the bout at least.

Anyway, I think boxing is a great sport. It is a one on one contest between two guys and I like the fact it has actual rules (not striking people when they are down). A great boxing match is hard to beat and will live on through history unlike lots of sporting events. Obviously some of the people involved do ruin the sport but there are plenty of good guys in the sport.

Yeah I saw it and I would have given it to Chisora. Even Vaitali Klitschko said he deserved to win it. Despite that a loss is a loss. Certainly won't endevour people to fight Helenius in Helsinki again.

UFC annoys me for different reasons. You have the most annoying personalities of anyone. I'm not a fan. The only fighter I've ever liked in UFC was Michael Bisping.

Speaking of which, anyone seen Kimbo Slice's boxing career since UFC. He's faught no namers and he'll never be World Champion, but it's entertaining. Hate the guy, but apparently he's been in talks with Roy Jones Jr for a fight. Funny to watch.

Last edited:
The other thing is that the media in New Zealand only report boxing when something negative happens. Ortiz vs Mayweather? Nothing in the build up. Mayweather does a sucker punch and it makes the news. Same thing with this fight. In the paper this morning the fight got a brief paragraph saying Klit retained his ***le. I bet there is a full scale article on the Haye v Chisora thing tomorrow. Admittedly sometimes there is not a lot of good to report. However, people like Andre Ward and Nonito Donaire aren't crazy so aren't going to get on the news. The media has a big part to play with what it encourages. The only boxing that gets reported here in any depth is SBW, David Tua and Pac, Floyd and the Klits if they fight someone decent. If you want feel good boxing stories you have to go a lot deeper than mainstream media. For instance, former homeless man Lamont Peterson beating Amir Khan. I imagine that got widespread coverage in the UK but I don't think it was on the news here.

Chisora is a thug...Haye is an idiot.

Chisora really really is nothing more than pure scum...please remove from gene pool.

For instance, former homeless man Lamont Peterson beating Amir Khan. I imagine that got widespread coverage in the UK but I don't think it was on the news here.

They still on about it in the papers here with all the aftermath of accused cheating and what not and now the rematch in Las Vegas, Boxing is a big sport here in the UK and when there is a big fight it does get reported on well, usually a good page or two about it, but only mainly when there is a fighter from the UK fighting we dont get any reprts in the papers here about Pac-mans figths maybe a little write up but nothing major, the only way we really find out about them is by going on the boxing website or buying boxing magazines.

Andre Ward's last fight got widespread coverage here becuase he cleaned the floor with Carl Froch but I am sure we will hardly hear about his next fight if even hear anything same with the likes of Hopkins and JOnes when they fought Calzaghe we got lots of stuff but as soon as the fight was over that was it never hear anything about them unless you know where to look online.

They still on about it in the papers here with all the aftermath of accused cheating and what not and now the rematch in Las Vegas, Boxing is a big sport here in the UK and when there is a big fight it does get reported on well, usually a good page or two about it, but only mainly when there is a fighter from the UK fighting we dont get any reprts in the papers here about Pac-mans figths maybe a little write up but nothing major, the only way we really find out about them is by going on the boxing website or buying boxing magazines.

Andre Ward's last fight got widespread coverage here becuase he cleaned the floor with Carl Froch but I am sure we will hardly hear about his next fight if even hear anything same with the likes of Hopkins and JOnes when they fought Calzaghe we got lots of stuff but as soon as the fight was over that was it never hear anything about them unless you know where to look online.

Yeah, that Khan fight kind of proves my point. The media goes on about the cheating allegations which I thought were bullshit rather than focus on the positives.

Yeah, that Khan fight kind of proves my point. The media goes on about the cheating allegations which I thought were bullshit rather than focus on the positives.

I agree the truth of that fight was Khan lost because he simply didnt prepare the right way he thought he only had to turn up and lost the fight because he did not fight to his strengths is he a better fighter yes but thats irrelevant the papers played on the dodgy score card for weeks when in truth the hard facts were he lost on the night for a poor display.

Mind you Wladamir's is no saint in this. He walked into Chisora's dressing room whilst he was getting his hands strapped and deemed that his hands were being illegally wrapped, so they had to re-warp them just to please Wladamir. Whilst this was going on the British Boxing Officer who was meant to be there was called out and was not seen for the entire time Wladamir was in the changing room, something that annoyed Frank Warren no end. Then Chisora was not allowed to enter the arena to the Only Fools and Horses Theme song by the Klitschko Camp.

Then Vitali said after the fight he would fight Haye. The Klitschko management said that Haye was not willing to sign. Yet Haye has. He's also taken a pay cut and bowed once again to the Klitschko's demands. In all honesty the Klitschko have strangled the life out of the heavyweight division, good boxers but in recent times their demands to fight only on their terms and always at home has for me has slightly tarnished their reputation. They may be champions but unwilling to fight outside of their comfort zone and not willing to accept a hit on their purse to me shows a complete and utter farce the heavyweight division is.

You do know Wladimir Klitschko is defending his ***les in Duesseldorf on March 3 right?

Latest posts