• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Fury looks like a stretched out Sam Burgess

Something about his proportions seems all wrong

That corner cameraman is so in the way, I swear he's been hit at least twice
Getting some nice shots of Furys bacne though

Don't know what fight the commentators were watching,
I know very little about boxing but watch a ton of MMA and kickboxing and thought Parker won that pretty obviously (not as in it was a walk over but he clearly won a reasonably close fight).

I'm not massive on the AJ hype train but he would literally kill either of these men.

I'm not massive on the AJ hype train but he would literally kill either of these men.

Aye, they were genuinely dogshit.

Reckon there might be a fair few people wanting to fight Parker so they can get in on a fight with AJ. Although Parker will be after that too, no doubt.

Last edited:
Listened to it on the radio and going by comments on here Glad I saved my £15. Fights like Parker v Fury really shouldn't be on PPV. They are just not that quality of fighter to demand people pay to watch them on TV.

I think the issue might have been that they couldn't get anyone in the UK to show it for free, let alone on PPV.

Well certainly not on the Freeview, but a fight like this could certainly be shown on sky sports or BT, where a subscription is required.

If they were offered more money by Sky or BT then I'm sure it would have been, I can't believe they turned down big money from either of those channels.

Well im not sure why but I just watched the fight and i have to say its the worst HW ***le fight I can remember. Parker is not in the same class as the top 10 heavyweights and lacks any punching power. As for Fury? Well i have heard of stick and move but Stick and run round the ring 3 times is a new one on me. After AJ v WK and Whyte V Chisora this was a bit come down and nither Parker or Fury should be near a Heavyweight ***le.

Don't know what fight the commentators were watching,
I know very little about boxing but watch a ton of MMA and kickboxing and thought Parker won that pretty obviously (not as in it was a walk over but he clearly won a reasonably close fight).

AJ would be a deserved favourite but he would have to be at the top his game to beat either

Joe Parker is getting underrated now and Hughie is as slick as they come

Nobody is beating either easily

I thought Joe won but wouldn't have complained if Hughie got the win, it was a close fight, plenty of close rounds

AJ would be a deserved favourite but he would have to be at the top his game to beat either

Joe Parker is getting underrated now and Hughie is as slick as they come

Nobody is beating either easily

I thought Joe won but wouldn't have complained if Hughie got the win, it was a close fight, plenty of close rounds
Parkers not underrated hes overrated. He is no where near the standard of a heavyweight champion. AJ, Wilder, Whyte, Ortiz, Chisora, Miller would beat both Parker and Fury without much trouble. Parker is a pretender.

Joe Parker looks like a poor mans 'David Tua'.
I suppose I support him on account of fighting out of New Zealand.
However I'm not impressed by his style or his opponents.
He would have to step up more than one notch to fight Joshua effectively.
It could be a good payday for him but a defeat might very well signal the high point of his career and it's all downhill after that.
I'd like to see him in a war.
I'd like to see him looking a lot fitter.
I'd like to see better defence.
However, he is what he is...

Parkers not underrated hes overrated. He is no where near the standard of a heavyweight champion. AJ, Wilder, Whyte, Ortiz, Chisora, Miller would beat both Parker and Fury without much trouble. Parker is a pretender.
Remember when I was giving Tyson Fury a great shot at beating Wlad and you all thought I was having a laugh and Tyson was a bum?

Whyte, Chisora and Big Baby are nothing special, certainly would all be underdogs against Parker and Hughie and for good reason.

Wilder is legit and Ortiz has some of the best skills in the division. So I would agree they would be favourites over Joe/Hughie.

I honestly thought Joe and Hughie were the best I have ever seen them. Hughie looks the goods he just needs to be a bit more aggressive and he would have won, I hope he learns from that fight.

Joe did a great job putting pressure on and finding a way to win.

What makes you think Whyte, Chisora and Miller could beat them easily?

None of them are particularly skillful, certainly alot less polished then either Joe or Hughie. They are all very slow in comparison too, and they aren't going to win on work rate. Joe and Hughie can fight for days (Hughie probably does need to throw more punches tbf)

All they really have is decent power and good chins, that's not enough at the highest level unless you get lucky.

Remember when I was giving Tyson Fury a great shot at beating Wlad and you all thought I was having a laugh and Tyson was a bum?

Whyte, Chisora and Big Baby are nothing special, certainly would all be underdogs against Parker and Hughie and for good reason.

Wilder is legit and Ortiz has some of the best skills in the division. So I would agree they would be favourites over Joe/Hughie.

I honestly thought Joe and Hughie were the best I have ever seen them. Hughie looks the goods he just needs to be a bit more aggressive and he would have won, I hope he learns from that fight.

Joe did a great job putting pressure on and finding a way to win.

What makes you think Whyte, Chisora and Miller could beat them easily?

None of them are particularly skillful, certainly alot less polished then either Joe or Hughie. They are all very slow in comparison too, and they aren't going to win on work rate. Joe and Hughie can fight for days (Hughie probably does need to throw more punches tbf)

All they really have is decent power and good chins, that's not enough at the highest level unless you get lucky.

Sorry James only just spotted this. OK he is my take on Parker and H Fury:

I have watched the fight again and honestly dont see what Parker has that will trouble most top heavyweights. He does have fast hand speed and technically hes ok but and its a big but at heavyweight he really lacks punching power and he is the most un-explosive heavyweight champion I have seen for sometime. Yes he was having to chase the fight and some of his more erratic shots were no worse than Wilder's but Wilder's shots tend to put people down Parkers shots dont. I think this is the 4th fight in a row that has gone the distance? and apart from Takam the opposition has been limited, Ruiz was in terrible condition, his sparing partner made him look ordinary and Hughie? well lets talk about Hughie.

There is no doubt Hughie is a very well conditioned fighter who can move very well for someone his size but for a challenger he absolutely failed to take the fight to the champion and did actually run away a couple of times. He was caught with a couple of shots and took them well but again I dont rate Parker as a puncher. Also you have to question how he was the mandatory challenger. I know the WBO is considered the lowest of the 4 belts but how did Hughie Fury become a number 1 ranked heavyweight? Who did he fight to prove that? When was the last time he did fight? The rumour is Frank Warren has big influence with the WBO and this would explain why Hughie got such an unexpected shot but for a once in a life time opportunity Hughie completely avoided any sort of risk which isnt going to win you any ***les and might point to a lack confidence in his ability either by either himself or his dad.

I still think Dylan Whyte, Chisora (if his head is right) and Miller would have more than enough for Parker. Dont get me wrong Parker seems like a nice bloke who doesnt trash talk and takes care of business but until I really see him going to war with someone, take and give some big shots then I will remain cynical.

Hughie might get better but he does need to get busy and fight more than once every 18 months.

Oh and Tyson Fury is and remains a bum.

Latest posts