• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brainstorming thread for mods in 2010/11

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys.

I have just left my last job, so the good news is that i'll be back on modding sooner than later. I have time off until Christmas now so i can work on some projects and mods for TRF.

In my experience of other websites mod communities, generally they have far too many patchers who are good but don't commit to any real project as such. That's fine for those games, but i think it's time we really started seriously thinking about using our combined knowledge and ideas to make one mod that we can all play.. rather than the MUP's, Superpatches etc.

As far i understand, we can now add a good amount of extra teams to the game in addition to the ones in the original game. I think it is a good time to start a RWC mod for 2001 as well.. at least the front-end parts.

So, as i will be back modding seriously soon, this is what i am officially suggesting for the next major mod. Your ideas are very welcome.

IDEAS FOR 2010 MODS

-------------------------------------
The Rugby World Cup 2011 add-on
-------------------------------------

- The RWC 2011 is not too far away, so we can start building the front-end graphics for that. That should be fairly easy. We can add the teams in the schedule. Of course we won't have a roster, but it's out of date to play RWC '07 in my opinion. I am aware of some bugs in the game regarding the schedules/locations of games in the latter stages of the RWC final, which means the semis and final are played in France.. and the actual days but, there isn't much we can do unless we can figure that one out. It won't really affect the game too much. Just the purists!

If you would like to contribute to this add-on for Rugby 08, please nominate yourself on this thread. Duties will include keeping and eye on progress of the mod basically, and testing. I would propose to keep the international team scoreboards as we have made them now.

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON RWC 2001 add-on:
Fa'atau82

----------------------
The Super 14 Update
----------------------

The Super 14 can be left untouched, as we can add the extra teams from other competitions such as Air NZ Cup and Currie Cup into other parts of the game, so any mods to overwrite S14 are pointless. In my personal opinion, it should be left as it is, i would be inclined to also have the original scoreboard back, as it is more realistic to S14.

Proposals for S14:
- Keep the old scoreboard graphics (Just delete the modded files)
- Individual competitions rosters

All i would say is that we need an exceptional roster for this. I would also propose adjusting the way we do rosters. I would think it'd be a better idea to make a roster based on a competition only. That way we can fit as many players from those clubs into the game. So basically, the S14 roster will expand the Australia, New Zealand and South African lists to include a large amount of club players. If you wanted to play S14, all you have to do is load S14 roster.

I think World League is just a waste of time to mod. It's full of bugs, and just really not worth the work.. and we just can't iron out the shitty .rdf format so this in my mind, is the best next alternative. If you would like to work on this update, please nominate yourself. Duties will include a researcher, roster maker/editor (.ros), schedule editor (.rsg, .xml) and a kitmaker/minikit maker (.big, .fsh)

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON Super14 updates:
Fa'atau82

---------------------------------------------------
Heineken Cup and Guinness Premiership Updates
---------------------------------------------------

I don't think there is any issues to resolve with this. I would perhaps add the Home domestic kit and the Euro shirt as the away shirt, i would definitely have the Italian teams Euro kits only. Again, i would suggest having a roster just for Guinness Premiership and Heineken Cup specifically. If we had the ability to make a roster in a DB editor, it would be -awesome, but alas the .ros file doesn't work that way.

Again, i think World League is a waste of the time of our skills until we get a game where it's any good. If you'd like to work on this update, please nominate yourself. Also, 10 Nations doesn't seem to be playable as such, although can be re-programmed. It's just impossible to see what going on in menus.

Proposals for Guinness Premiership/H-Cup:
- Add 3rd kits if possible (this is probably not achieveable without crashes)
- If no 3rd kits, Euro Away where used and Euro kits by default for Italian clubs.
- Individual competitions rosters

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON H-CUP and Guinness Premiership add-on:
Fa'atau82

---------------------------------
Representative Teams add-ons
---------------------------------

I would suggest changing some of the teams here. Samoa have left PIRA, which means they won't have players in the next Pacific Islanders tour. So i think we should ditch them. Also, i don't think we need Australia 'A', there's better teams. If you want to help with this add-on, please nominate yourself. The roster for these teams can be in with the National Teams roster specific.

Barbarians - British & Irish Lions - NZ Maori - Junior All Blacks and adding Ireland 'A' (Australia 'A') and England Saxons (Pacific Islanders)

and possibles..
Argentina Jaguars (NZ Maori)

Proposals for Representative Teams add-ons:

- We can make a schedule mod for 6 Nations for the Churchill Cup as an alternative mod, should we want to make good use of these teams.

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON RWC 2001 add-on:
Fa'atau82

-----------------------------------------------------------
National Teams add-ons (inc. 6 Nations and Tri-Nations)
-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a large part of the game. I'd suggest a national team roster (Representative teams incl.), so we can have a full pool of national players for each team. Don't think we can add Argentina to Tri-Nations. Maybe just change any major image changes in those competitions. Adboards, schedules etc.

If you'd like to work on this, please nominate yourself.

Proposals for National Teams add-ons:

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON National Teams add-on:
Fa'atau82

--------------------------------------------------------------
World Club add-ons (inc. Other, Currie Cup and Air NZ Cup)
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most exciting new discovery in the game, if i understand it right. I'd suggest the roster being merged with Super14 as the players will be the same almost. We need to add Blue Bulls, Western Province, Natal Sharks, Cheetahs (and maybe one more SA team) Auckland, Wellington, Canterbury, Waikato, Otago or which ever combination gives the best line-up.

If you'd like to work on this, please nominate yourself.

Proposals for World Club add-ons:

OFFICIAL LIST OF MODDERS WORKING ON World Club add-on:
Fa'atau82

This is all for now. Please respond and we shall see where mods are going. But the idea is that all graphics files will be in one mod. One roster, but with it's specific rosters for competitions.

Okay as I'm already busy with updating the RWC for 2011 and for the 2010 Super 14, I nominate myself for these two mods.

I'll be able to do the:
*Roster(s)
*Fixtures
*Editing the .english file
* "Adding" new stadiums for the 2011 RWC
*Face portraits

Im up for any rosters u want plus i can upload old kits look at my thread to see my latest work

I like the idea of Intercept King JdV stated here http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.p...st&p=405654 (post #32)
Australia A - Stays the same
Barbarians - Stays the same
B & I Lions - Stays the same
Pacific Isles - Stays the same
NZ Maori - Stays the same
Euro All Stars - Toulon
South All Stars - Racing Metro
Super 12 All Stars - Montauban
World All Stars - Natal Sharks
Jr. All Blacks - Blue Bulls
Cats - Western Province
Leeds - Stays the same, just gets "activated"
North All Stars -Wellington Lions
Chile - Canterbury
Tunisia - Auckland
Rotherham - Emerging Boks
Earth ***ans - England Saxons
Cornish Pirates - (Stays the same)
Agen - Montpellier
Beziers - Overmach Parma
Brive - (Stays the same)
Connacht - (Stays the same)
Viadana - (Stays the same)
Borders - Rugby Rovigo
Bridgend - Petrarca Padova/Bucuresti Oaks
except for:
instead of ANZ Cup and Currie Cup teams (6 in total) I'd love more French ones (so that TOP 14 could be complete we need 2 more than Ross suggests) and English RFU Championship teams apart from Bristol and Cornish (e.g. Exeter, Nottingham, Bedford, etc). It's my point of view when Sanzar Cup mod is available. And Pacific Islanders are a must (although Fa'atau82 seems to dislike them)! When it comes to Australia A or NZ Maori, do we really need them (2 more places for French Pro D2 or English RFU Championship teams)? Finally no Bucuresti Oaks of course! That's my 2 cents!
Cheers,

Hey I can help with the S14 rosters and research part (or even GP and HC as well). I've already finished my version of the NZ teams, but I've had to put SA and AUS on hold b/c they only have the training rosters released, not the actual team; Golden Lions for example have like a 56 man roster at this point. But yeah I'd be happy to help just let me know what needs to be done.

I think that the Pacific Islanders team is a good idea, but it's not working for any of the 3 major nations contributing.. samoa already pulled out so i expect it to be disbanded at some stage. I'm easy though. Looks like we have more teams in the game than i thought. My preference would be to add more SH clubs, cos to be fair i don't really fancy teams like Albi, Mont de Marsan, Auch etc.

ive already started heiniken an guiness wotever hapens i will do all the rosters and release it as one big one

plus rugger have you checked your face textures because they change

So, do we have a defined list of teams we are DEFINITELY having in the game? I would like to vote in at least 4 Currie Cup and 5 Air NZ Cup teams. This would be fine, as the players are already in S14 squads, but for a few club players.

The only limitations we have keeping us from expanding the game to have many more teams are:
*the roster
*the .english file - (names of teams and stadiums)
*can only have 30 teams in a "FeGroup"(ie.Super14)

Also Fa'atau82, is your plan to have separate rosters for the SH and NH?All the International teams will have their players and if a player isn't in a squad of an International team in say the SH, he will be edited and added to expand the roster of the NH?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Dec 9 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
plus rugger have you checked your face textures because they change[/b]

Do you mean just making sure that the right faces are assigned to each player? I've been doing that, but if there is something more complicated, then I'm lost I guess lol.

Also has anyone found a way to change the laws in-game. Mainly I am thinking of the game giving a penalty for a lineout throw not being straight, when it should be a free kick? And is there any way to reduce the ridiculous amount of high tackles made by the computer? I hate making a sweet break only to have it called back b/c of a high tackle and no advantage being played.

what ever happened to the idea for a "retro" patch??? i think it would be cool play a 91 world cup or 97 lions tour of south afica. the superpatch mod is a great base for either. just need a few graphics, the roster and some faces....

retro kits are on my thread. i will probably make a retro national teams mod for 08 now. also, to answer ross.. i think a basic base roster for the whole game is the way to go, but when you want to play a competition, like s14 for example, we can add more players for that comp, at the expense of some other comps club players.

so the game is playable, but if you want the full range of club players to play a set league, you'd load that roster, i.e an enhanced roster for a specific set of teams or a comp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruggersp @ Dec 9 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Dec 9 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
plus rugger have you checked your face textures because they change[/b]

Do you mean just making sure that the right faces are assigned to each player? I've been doing that, but if there is something more complicated, then I'm lost I guess lol.

Also has anyone found a way to change the laws in-game. Mainly I am thinking of the game giving a penalty for a lineout throw not being straight, when it should be a free kick? And is there any way to reduce the ridiculous amount of high tackles made by the computer? I hate making a sweet break only to have it called back b/c of a high tackle and no advantage being played.
[/b][/quote]

Also just penalties in general. I guess there is no way to change the fact that the ref will give a red card for the first hands in 5 minutes into the game, but if we can make that happen less....What if discipline was put to 99? or just alot higher than the 50's and 60's that they seem to be?

Patch

just like the lions tour i think we could make a tri nations tour this would include

South Africa , New zealand and Australia roster which i have made

Kits which have been made here are some pics

Tour to either England , Wales or Ireland

You would play

England:Bath,London Irish,Leicester and Northampton and ENGLAND
Wales: Ospreys,Newport Gwent Scarlet's and Cardiff blues. And WALES
Ireland: Ulster,Leinster, Munster plus only for tour to Ireland a match against The Barbarians and IRELAND

trilarge.png
That is the logo

action.jpg
That is the in game image

mini-kit-trixv-right.jpg
That is the minikit

These were made by EVOL so credit goes to him and here is the download link only modders download as the files need to be converted to Ea Rugby08 file names this mod was originaly made for rugby06. The team kits and roster replace Australia A. So far this mod can only be used for Superpatch 09

This is the link for the patch
Tri nations Roster, Kits, mini kits and logos ( Roster Anthony allen, rest of it EVOL)
<span style="color:#FF0000">Download Here
http://www.filefront.com/15127487/Tri-nations-Whole-patch-for-modders.zip/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Dec 13 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Patch

just like the lions tour i think we could make a tri nations tour this would include

South Africa , New zealand and Australia roster which i have made

Kits which have been made here are some pics

Tour to either England , Wales or Ireland

You would play

England:Bath,London Irish,Leicester and Northampton and ENGLAND
Wales: Ospreys,Newport Gwent Scarlet's and Cardiff blues. And WALES
Ireland: Ulster,Leinster, Munster plus only for tour to Ireland a match against The Barbarians and IRELAND

trilarge.png
That is the logo

action.jpg
That is the in game image

mini-kit-trixv-right.jpg
That is the minikit

These were made by EVOL so credit goes to him and here is the download link only modders download as the files need to be converted to Ea Rugby08 file names this mod was originaly made for rugby06. The team kits and roster replace Australia A. So far this mod can only be used for Superpatch 09

This is the link for the patch
Tri nations Roster, Kits, mini kits and logos ( Roster Anthony allen, rest of it EVOL)
<span style="color:#FF0000">Download Here
http://www.filefront.com/15127487/Tri-nations-Whole-patch-for-modders.zip/[/b]

Great pach Anthony!!!
Excellent!!! :bravo:

no because this mod has practicaly been made plus the lions only go on tour to NZ SA and Aus not Argentina. In later days we might try to do this but not at the moment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Also has anyone found a way to change the laws in-game. Mainly I am thinking of the game giving a penalty for a lineout throw not being straight, when it should be a free kick? And is there any way to reduce the ridiculous amount of high tackles made by the computer? I hate making a sweet break only to have it called back b/c of a high tackle and no advantage being played.[/b]

I've just had an epiphany. In '06, the rules are correct. Freekicks for lineouts infringements, and high tackles don't stop advantage. So we could just port over that one. The best of both games. I'm sure the file would be identical. Question is, where is it in data.gob? Realistically, it has to be an xml or some kind i've had assumed.

Latest posts