• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brian Lara Cricket

I got the funniest bug yesterday. I was playing co-op with a friend, he was bowling (with our custom team, test match vs Windies, and on Test difficulty). He bowls a lovely ball, cutting in but swinging out. It's edged to second slip. Second slip doesn't move. He stays crouching there. So the ball goes through his legs. It heads towards boundary and third man chases the ball...but runs around in circles and doesn't pick up the ball. So they get a boundary. It was damn funny to me, but not to him, I know that much
<

Anyhoo, coop absolutely rules. And despite some of the shortcomings in terms of the AI, it's the most fun sports game ever.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Dec 6 2005, 10:57 PM
I got the funniest bug yesterday. I was playing co-op with a friend, he was bowling (with our custom team, test match vs Windies, and on Test difficulty). He bowls a lovely ball, cutting in but swinging out. It's edged to second slip. Second slip doesn't move. He stays crouching there. So the ball goes through his legs. It heads towards boundary and third man chases the ball...but runs around in circles and doesn't pick up the ball. So they get a boundary. It was damn funny to me, but not to him, I know that much
<

Erm ... ahem ... we did that on purpose.

Hides.
<

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Dec 6 2005, 10:57 PM
<

Anyhoo, coop absolutely rules. And despite some of the shortcomings in terms of the AI, it's the most fun sports game ever.
Haven't you ever seen that happen in real life?!? Didn't realise how much realism they'd managed...

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Dec 6 2005, 11:57 PM
<

yeah man co-op is so awesome. I played recently with my mate and many laughs were had when someone would get out or bowl a good ball without reward. not sure hoe much longer i will be playing blic as I just got rl 2 but I may need to get my revenge after nz went narrrowly down to aus tonight by 2 runs

Originally posted by woosaah@Dec 5 2005, 02:21 PM
if i knew people where i lived that actually liked cricket it would be great but alas, all the people i know are married with kids that arn't into gaming at all.

anyone want to be my friend?
in which country do u live?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 07:48 AM
Jeez, Trev should get an award for being the most honest game Developer in the world. He should hold seminars for EA, HB. Hes etc tec and teach them a thing or tow(it wouldnt hurt Mario to attend either) it would make this industry a better place for all involved.

Anyway, I thought the fact that the ai would not take singles, and that you couldnt sim the bowling was a game killer. I just dont have time to play full games, so I had to let this one go.

That is so true. Geez EA and Mario act as though an admission of a mistake means we'll never buy a game off them again.

Quite the opposite, when Trev brings up a Swordfish error, it gives me confidence that the company can be trusted and actually give a **** about us and the games quality.

Thats the kind of thing that DESERVES brand loyalty.

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 5 2006, 12:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 5 2006, 12:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Dec 6 2005, 07:48 AM
Jeez, Trev should get an award for being the most honest game Developer in the world. He should hold seminars for EA, HB. Hes etc tec and teach them a thing or tow(it wouldnt hurt Mario to attend either) it would make this industry a better place for all involved.

Anyway, I thought the fact that the ai would not take singles, and that you couldnt sim the bowling was a game killer. I just dont have time to play full games, so I had to let this one go.

That is so true. Geez EA and Mario act as though an admission of a mistake means we'll never buy a game off them again.

Quite the opposite, when Trev brings up a Swordfish error, it gives me confidence that the company can be trusted and actually give a **** about us and the games quality.

Thats the kind of thing that DESERVES brand loyalty. [/b]
Completely agree.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, however acknowledging them and learning from them is the only way you will move forward.

Its just refreshing for someone to go " Yeah we couldnt fix it how we would have liked " rather than " If you dont like it take it back to the shop and stop crying about it "
<