• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brian O'driscoll

paul_crowley9

Academy Player
Genuinely in awe of this man , in my opinion the best 13 of all time when you consider his size compared to modern day backs . Absolute genius

I literally admire the man , the amount of concussions he's gotten though worry me , wouldn't be surprised if he has serious health problems when he's older , for example it's rumoured he for 4 concussions in the 2009 six nations , surely this isn't good

1422620_601347923254692_590599792_n.jpg

Conference centre in Dublin last night. All hail the chosen one.

I literally admire the man , the amount of concussions he's gotten though worry me , wouldn't be surprised if he has serious health problems when he's older , for example it's rumoured he for 4 concussions in the 2009 six nations , surely this isn't good

Whoah, you literally admire him? Not just figuratively, metaphorically or theoretically admire him? Wow.
When BOD retires - I'll start supporting Ireland more. As it is I tend to like seeing them lose just to see BO'D's stupid face. The only thing better is when a team wins big without O'Driscoll - that's glorious. I never want Ireland to beat the All Blacks, but if there was a match they did I hope it's the first match BO'D is retired for.

Anybody else place bets on what time during each match Bod wobbles off at?

Canada are only one of three countries that BOD has played against and failed to score a try against, along with Samoa and Russia. One of which he could knock off his list this November.

It's fairly clear BOD was unable to score against Canada as His Edness was in the lineup that day, sadly almost all of Ed's powers were consumed against this fellow great man and he could not expend enough energy to make up for the embarrassing lack of effort from the rest of the side that day.

Last edited:
Canada are only one of three countries that BOD has played against and failed to score a try against, along with Samoa and Russia. One of which he could knock off his list this November.

It's fairly clear BOD was unable to score against Canada as His Edness was in the lineup that day, sadly almost all of Ed's powers were consumed against this fellow great man and he could not expend enough energy to make up for the embarrassing lack of effort from the rest of the side that day.

3 whole teams he has played against without scoring a try?!! Just goes to show the man is not as all-conquering as most would put forward. Jaque Fourie- who I am not going to say is the best 13 that has even played for SA- has scored a try against every single different nation he has come up against.

That includes most of the top 25 test sides and THAT try against the B&I Lions..

Current top 25 test sides that he has not faced;
Tonga
Japan
Canada
Romania
Russia
Spain
Portugal
Korea
Belgium

So that makes 16 sides faced and 16 sides scored against (a try).

Last edited:
I met some Irish guy a couple of nights ago here in Doha, and we were talking Rugby briefly and he told me BOD was known as a bit of a "big head". Is he in love with himself ? I'd imagine him to be humble and all that, but apparently he's generally known to be a bit of a dick ? yeah ?

I met some Irish guy a couple of nights ago here in Doha, and we were talking Rugby briefly and he told me BOD was known as a bit of a "big head". Is he in love with himself ? I'd imagine him to be humble and all that, but apparently he's generally known to be a bit of a dick ? yeah ?

He must have been a soccer head!

Well it's only natural to an extent to be a "big head" in a nation which is truly fond of inserting themselves firmly up their players' arse and labelling even the most average ones "legends". So he could have ended up a lot worse in fairness, see O'Gara, R and Wood, K.

Well it's only natural to an extent to be a "big head" in a nation which is truly fond of inserting themselves firmly up their players' arse and labelling even the most average ones "legends". So he could have ended up a lot worse in fairness, see O'Gara, R and Wood, K.

Agreed see Henson, G and Williams, M... Oh wait, I smell a hypocrite!

Whoah, you literally admire him? Not just figuratively, metaphorically or theoretically admire him? Wow.
When BOD retires - I'll start supporting Ireland more. As it is I tend to like seeing them lose just to see BO'D's stupid face. The only thing better is when a team wins big without O'Driscoll - that's glorious. I never want Ireland to beat the All Blacks, but if there was a match they did I hope it's the first match BO'D is retired for.

Very mature.

Please just stay out of the thread for his retirement when it happens.

Latest posts