• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bring back the true Intercept!

SavageLez

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Western Province
I loved the intercept feature in Rugby 2000 made by EA Sports. Intercepts were realistic. They only occured seldomly and generally in the backline off a weak pass. Rugby 08 had way too many intercepts but that came from the unrealistic amount of possible pop up passes made in the tackle. Most of these intercepts also occured near the tackle situation and by forwards which was a little unrealistic.

I would love to see intercepts only made possible by players that have a high ball handling skills or who are intercept kings like Jean De Villiers and Brian Habana! A forward or a backline player with lower skills should knock it on more frequently or get penalised for purposefully knocking it down?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
i'm not sure how they could program the AI to make habana and de villiers loiter in offside positions like they do in real life....

hahah :p

i'm not sure how they could program the AI to make habana and de villiers loiter in offside positions like they do in real life....

hahah :p

thumbs-up.png

The only thing that really annoys me with current intercepts, is that you can make a long pass, where the ball is seeminly 6m in the air, but some how a player from the other team can jump a foot off the ground and get it.

Yeah I hate this too... especially when you've got three men on the outside and there is one defender, you make the long pass and it doesn't matter how close he is, he always makes the intercept.

I think,they should make a button that you can use like say, square for example that makes you attempt the intercept. That way you can anticipate the pass and run through the line with timing, press square and make the intercept. And you could use this button for picking the ball up as well, I hate the "running over the ball" pick up style...I think you need a button to use.

I think,they should make a button that you can use like say, square for example that makes you attempt the intercept. That way you can anticipate the pass and run through the line with timing, press square and make the intercept. And you could use this button for picking the ball up as well, I hate the "running over the ball" pick up style...I think you need a button to use.

I like. Much better than just gettin auto intercepts. A mistimed tap on the square for the intercept should be knocked on/juggled so theres a bit of risk so your timing would have to be spot on.

It is the height pf TRF to get olyy's approval we all want it :p.

It's true, i'm a pretty big deal round here.
I have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

I have no idea what that means.
Wikipedia informs me that a Sergei is a small tugboat and/or a Finnish military nickname for an anti-aircraft gun :p

So who's your Sergei?
Duckdee attempts the intercept

Wikipedia informs me that a Sergei is a small tugboat and/or a Finnish military nickname for an anti-aircraft gun :p
But Olyy get's away with it because Duckdee must've pushed circle instead of square...

?!?!?lol

World 15

15.F Steyn
14.JP pietersen
13.J Fourie
12.J de Villiers
11.B Habana
10.J Wilkenson
9.F du Preez
8.K Read
7.R Mccaw
6.H Brussouw
5.Victor Matfield
4.Thorne
3.Jannie du Plessis
2.B du Plessis
1.Beast

What?:huh:

World 15

15.F Steyn
14.JP pietersen
13.J Fourie
12.J de Villiers
11.B Habana
10.J Wilkenson
9.F du Preez
8.K Read
7.R Mccaw
6.H Brussouw
5.Victor Matfield
4.Thorne
3.Jannie du Plessis
2.B du Plessis
1.Beast

Huh?!?

Not only is that out of the blue and confusing, it's also a terrible World XV!

Ha, it really is, only Kiwi's, South Africans... and a token Brit. i'd disagree with most of those players. Must be a Springbok fan

World 15

15.F Steyn
14.JP pietersen
13.J Fourie
12.J de Villiers
11.B Habana
10.J Wilkenson
9.F du Preez
8.K Read
7.R Mccaw
6.H Brussouw
5.Victor Matfield
4.Thorne
3.Jannie du Plessis
2.B du Plessis
1.Beast

And you thought the sloppy ending had already been Olyy

Sorry, I thought you were being Aleksandr Orlov.

Latest posts