• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bristol Deducted One Championship Point

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/9066/bristol-deducted-one-championship-point/

Bristol Rugby have been deducted one Championship point for breach of league regulations in the 45-27 victory over Bedford Blues on Sunday, 6 October at the Memorial Stadium.
Following a meeting of the Championship Organising Committee, it was decided that the Club would be deducted one competition point for a breach of Championship Regulation 3.4(c).
The following RFU statement reads:
The breach of Regulation 3.4(c) took place during minute 67 and 76 of Bristol's fixture against the Blues, during which the club had fifteen players on the field.
The sequence of events and the Regulations set out in 3.4 meant that Bristol should have played with fourteen men for the period of time of the match going to uncontested scrums to the conclusion, due to Bristol's number 17 (Jason Hobson) not being able to return from the blood bin.

Whoops

I have just noticed this on top of all the other signings and believe it shows clubs, like Biarritz, that when all has gone to c***, you can go forward with younger and cheaper players with the desire to improve and offer a long term future.............I wish them well and will be following their progress with great interest. If anyone can tell us about how they are financed (sugar daddy/council ground/members?) I would also appreciate the information.......

Great hope for the post of Welsh flyhalf, Matthew Morgan (21 years old) has decided to leave the Ospreys and is committed to two years in favor of Bristol , currently second division in English but very ambitious in the transfer market .
The British team, led by Andy Robinson, former coach of Scotland and England, also announced on its official website the arrival of six other players: Pillar Jack O'Connell (23 years, Leinster), the Hooker Max Crumpton (20 years, Harlequins), the third-row Jack Lam (26 years, Hurricanes) and Nick Koster(25 years, Bath), the half-de-fray Craig Hampson (24 years, Leeds), and winger Darren Hudson (23 years, Leinster).

Both Bristol RFC and Bristol City FC were bought by a local boy-turned-owner of the of Britain's foremost law firms. He's worth £280 million. Hence the infinite signings and wads of cash.

That would explain it!!!

Not against rich men indulging their interest......Duckworth, Wray, Boudjelall et al but would like to think that, like the latter, they are trying to build a business that will become self financing so that the supporters are not given just a short term ride to happiness only to see their hopes dashed when the money man goes off to do something else with his hard earned cash like what happened at Newcastle!

That would explain it!!!

Not against rich men indulging their interest......Duckworth, Wray, Boudjelall et al but would like to think that, like the latter, they are trying to build a business that will become self financing so that the supporters are not given just a short term ride to happiness only to see their hopes dashed when the money man goes off to do something else with his hard earned cash like what happened at Newcastle!

Landsowne is a Bristol man through and through, I fully believe he won't do anything to jepordise the future of both the football and rugby clubs.

Both Bristol RFC and Bristol City FC were bought by a local boy-turned-owner of the of Britain's foremost law firms. He's worth £280 million. Hence the infinite signings and wads of cash.

Point of information -

Lansdown is primarily in (insofar as I am aware) Hargreaves Lansdown, which is an investment firm, not a law firm.

Landsowne is a Bristol man through and through, I fully believe he won't do anything to jepordise the future of both the football and rugby clubs.

Peat is correct about the investment bit but sounds like a solid investor, sensible businessman and good man for Bristol......extremely jealous and look forward to watching progress upwards!

Bristol has got a great infrastructure as well. Great grass roots mini rugby etc..., good rugby schools, big city, crap football teams, passionate supporter base. It's all there for them to succeed.

Latest posts