Bristol to sell-out

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by TRF_SelimNiai, Jun 12, 2010.

1. TRF_SelimNiai

TRF_SelimNiai 'Ark at ee mun!

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Bristol

Source

What is going on with my club? I just don't know how to take this news. On the one hand I can see the benefits, on the other it's B**h we are talking about, our biggest rivals.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

I was going to say, i thought they were big rivals

Worcestor had/has something similar with Coventry (well, did) - they were sending players who are just out of/nearly at the end of the academy to get more experience there,

I suppose it can go either way, you could get some good players coming across, but at the same time, if they were that good they'd be playing in their squad, not being shipped off elsewhere
    Crazy situation

4. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Cardiff

this is really random... I guess the whole system isn't a bad one, it's not completly different from what the Welsh regions do with their feeder clubs - using the Premiership clubs to try out their youngsters and give players who are coming back from injuries a run out. Still, it's crazy that such big rivals as Bath and Bristol, who only a couple of seasons ago were both competing in the Heineken Cup, are now considering linking up! Could be good for both clubs I guess, but still, it's very wierd!
    It's like two historic rivals like Neath and Swamsea linking up...Oh wait...
    (then again the link up of those two big rivals has worked out well :p I know that creating a new team is a bit different to squad sharing, but still, it's an interesting example)

5. TRF_Cymro

TRF_Cymro Cymro The White

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Barbarians

Bit of a surprise but the standard of Div 1 rugby in England is not that bad and its a good breeding ground to send youngster out on loan and gain valuable playing experience. If Bristol have an exodus of players then getting players in on loan could serve them well.

6. Getofmeland

Getofmeland The Dorset Drinker

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

I guess it ensures the youngsters of the future get competitive rugby each week, which is more than can be said if they were sat on the sidelines... It could do wonders for the English Game, however the downside is that as soon as these players get good they go back to respective clubs, and the team they get promoted has to buy in the talent...

7. TRF_SelimNiai

TRF_SelimNiai 'Ark at ee mun!

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Bristol

To avoid that you'd need to work something into the agreement between the player and the clubs to ensure that said player would play for the club he was loaned to for the entirety of the loan deal. I remember we had Chris Malone from B**h for supposedley 3 months, he plays 1 game, wins us the game and as he played better than whoever was 10 for B**h at the time they called him back and he left after 1 game.

8. Getofmeland

Getofmeland The Dorset Drinker

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

I agree that the deal should stand for the full term... but I was talking about after the season ends...

9. tinchy17

tinchy17 Senior Member

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Saracens

It's understandable that you're angry about sending players to your biggest rivals, but those players probably need more experience

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!