Bristol v Cardiff

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Bristol.png
Bristol v Cardiff
Cardiff.png
</div>

All sorts of permutations on offer in this one.

A Cardiff win with a bonus point and they'll secure a home quarter final regardless of events elsewhere, a regulation win and it'll come down to tries scored with Toulouse with the French side on 13 compared to the Blues' 10 but Noves' side also have a healthier points difference which is the next criteria.

Only a bonus point win, coupled with a win for Quins will see Bristol through as Cardiff already have the 5 points from the opening weekend.

So an interesting afternoon in store, tough one to call that's for sure.

Bristol: Luke Arscott, Tom Arscott, Higgitt, Brew, Elliott, Strange, O'Riordan; Clarke, Regan, Hobson, Winters, Hohneck, Salter (capt), To'oala, Blowers.
Replacements: Linklater, Crompton, Llewellyn, El Abd, Beveridge, Hill, Cox.

Blues: Ben Blair; Jamie Roberts, Tom Shanklin, Gareth Thomas, Jamie Robinson; Nick Macleod, Jason Spice; Gethin Jenkins, Gareth Williams, Tauf'ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Paul ***o, Maama Molitika, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush (capt).
Replacements: Gary Powell, T. Rhys Thomas, Scott Morgan, Mark Lewis, Richie Rees, Rhys Jones, Tal Selley.

Blues through to the quarters after beating Bristol 17-0.
Sounds like a good result - didn't see the game, but i'm looking out for the highlights tonight on s4c.

Congratulations to them for stuffing one of the better GP teams. It goes to show the Magners League isn't all that bad when the Ospreys, Munster and Cardiff can all arserape brilliant teams. :D
Although I can only see Munster going further than the quarter finals, Sarries may trade the EDF semi for this quarter final and Toulouse will probably be too strong for Cardiff at home. But hey, lets hope I'm wrong.

Congratulations to them for stuffing one of the better GP teams. It goes to show the Magners League isn't all that bad when the Ospreys, Munster and Cardiff can all arserape brilliant teams. :D
. [/b]

True, but the problem with the Magners is that many sides bear little resemblance to the sides in the HEC.

Blues through to the quarters after beating Bristol 17-0.
Sounds like a good result - didn't see the game, but i'm looking out for the highlights tonight on s4c.
[/b]

Hey mate, i noticed you said in a recent thread that you dont have sky but get the games through the post. Where do you get them from? if i may ask..

My dad is probably a bigger fanatic than i am and being that he loves me so he records most games on hos dvd recorder throughout any given weekend and then phones me to tell me what he recorded.
I tell him what i want to watch, he sends them to me, i watch them then send them back to him.
I'm a lucky boy.

Awesome win for Cardiff, and awesome that they got through to the quarters after last seasons dismal Heineken Display. I was there in the Memorial Stadium, in the Bass Stand, among the many Blues supporters. A lot of singing, we ended up singing 'Bread of Heaven', 'Delilah', 'Hyms and Arias' and for some reason 'Sosban Fach' and the Bristol fans came back with 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot'.
Pity they couldn't get that last converted try, honestly think Cardiff could have taken Toulouse at the Arms Park any day. All I have to say is - don't write Cardiff off just yet, they had an awesome win over the French Champions at home, probably should have beaten them in Paris, so you never know, Cardiff may (on a bad day for Toulouse) be able to cause an upset.

Brilliant game, great atmosphere, great result.
I was in the Centenary stand and the frindly banter was a laugh.
The Blues are clear underdogs in this comp now and i think this will only play in their favour.
I would recommned anyone go to the Mem as an away supporter, nice people and plenty of decent places around to get a bite to eat. /drink etc.

Just seen the highlights on sky. some really good moves by the blues, particularly in those conditions. Thomas looks alot more settled than he did at Welford road earlier in the year in his general play and a well taken try.

Latest posts