• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British and Irish Lions Tour: Referee Chat

Agreed. Kiwi troll blow ins like Tigs Man need to be dealt with. I mean I know he says he's English and posts about English rugby, but believe me he's a Steve Hansen paid shill deadset on stealing my cutting edge analysis and tactics to bring it back to his senpai.

KWdlFqu.gif

@Groundhog how da fuk have you only gotten 1 dislike?

Nah,
There's a difference between talking about the match and long winded arguments with screenshots and videos of refereeing decisions like we've had recently.
Agreed - but I'd calssify that as after the heat of the moment; how about for 2 hours from kick-off ref chat is allowed in the match threads, but after that (or if looking in more detail), then over here?

Looking forward to this thread heating up lol... Almost hope we lose the 1st test just to see the barrage of rage that will no doubt be directed here! :D :D

This isn't saying you can mention the ref in match threads under threat of death,
Of course you can still talk about decisions in thread, it's the discussions we want to try and have here.
By that I mean look at the Highlanders thread - literally several pages about the offside line. Any actual discussion about the match etc. just got buried in the debate.
Think of it like the banter thread during the six nations - of course there was ribbing in the match threads but we tried to keep as much to the separate thread as possible to allow discussion of the match.

There is also a difference between reasonable debate and calling another poster a dickhe@d, without recourse, and with the seemingly unabashed support of those in charge.
....?
If you've got an issue with the way the place is run feel free to PM me, or report any posts you feel break the rules.

Don't you worry VC, I'm big headed enough that there's plenty of room for more power.
Yes I can see that.
On general match discussions if the Ref misses something such as a cheating All Black blocking off the ball are we allowed to comment on the match thread or are you school prefects going to jump on it.

Yes I can see that.
On general match discussions if the Ref misses something such as a cheating All Black blocking off the ball are we allowed to comment on the match thread or are you school prefects going to jump on it.
Please read my replies on this thread

Your the idiot who has just randomly disliked 7 of my comments on the bounce, grow up boy

For the sake of the thread, Im gonna leave that there, but I like/unlike depending on content alone, no bias.

Anyway we've got Jaco Peyper in charge this weekend, and his biggest weakness is the penalising of illegal physicality shall wee say, with a real reticence to dish out the cards where needed. I really hope it doesnt happen, but I've a feeling that he may be involved in some controversy post game

It's going to be a hell of a job to make it work but I commend the effort. Every single match thread on the tour has become ******* unreadable with refereeing arguments.

For the sake of the thread, Im gonna leave that there, but I like/unlike depending on content alone, no bias.

Anyway we've got Jaco Peyper in charge this weekend, and his biggest weakness is the penalising of illegal physicality shall wee say, with a real reticence to dish out the cards where needed. I really hope it doesnt happen, but I've a feeling that he may be involved in some controversy post game
Fair enough just thought there was a touch of irony in getting 7 or 8 thumbs down consecutively when I can't remember having had 1 before, my apologies.
Gats has compiled a video of past AB and also current tour opposition infringements, I'm told he will be showing this to Peyper on Friday when they have a pre game chat

I don't see why there is a need for posters to complain about the creation of this pro-active thread to be honest. I think the initiative is a great idea, which I think will be a measuring tool for future tournaments where the need of such a thread is required.

There are more than enough evidence to support the reason for this thread, and not just in the 6 Nations, but past Rugby Championships, World Cups and even Domestic tournaments we've had the issue of certain posters writing essays spanning of 5 pages at least about one minor issue that happened in a game.

I will add my name here as one of the culprits. Before I was a moderator, I had a bunch of posts about Bryce Lawrence in the match thread during that World Cup in 2011. So based on the past, I think this will be to everyone's benefit.

Fair enough just thought there was a touch of irony in getting 7 or 8 thumbs down consecutively when I can't remember having had 1 before, my apologies.
Gats has compiled a video of past AB and also current tour opposition infringements, I'm told he will be showing this to Peyper on Friday when they have a pre game chat

I could understand if there was a collective pattern in it, but honestly If the chat happens, I'd imagine it'll be something on the scrum, and how he's going to look at potential offsides, which are the two keys to the Lions foundations I think. If they're allowed to keep their line speed and not being pinned for simply rushing up fast and effectively, and also can have a good clean scrum, then I think Gats would be happy with that

I could understand if there was a collective pattern in it, but honestly If the chat happens, I'd imagine it'll be something on the scrum, and how he's going to look at potential offsides, which are the two keys to the Lions foundations I think. If they're allowed to keep their line speed and not being pinned for simply rushing up fast and effectively, and also can have a good clean scrum, then I think Gats would be happy with that
Yes exactly right our game is going to be heavily reliant on the set piece and if we can get that aspect of the game ref'd fairly then there is know reason why we can't win test 1.
I can see us pressing up front slotting over 3 or 4 3 pointers and then seeing the game open up allowing our back 3 to get involved and a final score of 23 - 31. On the other hand ........

Yes exactly right our game is going to be heavily reliant on the set piece and if we can get that aspect of the game ref'd fairly then there is know reason why we can't win test 1.
I can see us pressing up front slotting over 3 or 4 3 pointers and then seeing the game open up allowing our back 3 to get involved and a final score of 23 - 31. On the other hand ........

Problem is reffing a scrum is always a tough call, the dark arts are so subtly managed these days, and it takes small small tweaks in body positions etc at that weight, and then you're going backwards. Plus the AB scrum is not weak, not in the slightest, but we cant afford for them to get good ball off the back of it, or field position with penalties, at least not too often.

If we're getting heavily pinged for offside, whether correctly or incorrectly, then we will really struggle to contain the AB's backline

Problem is reffing a scrum is always a tough call, the dark arts are so subtly managed these days, and it takes small small tweaks in body positions etc at that weight, and then you're going backwards

The scrum is probably the one place on the field where front row cheats work their deceits with impunity. Their cheating is hidden away from the prying eyes of the referee and they are able to infringe undetected. Indeed, the really clever ones are able to make it look as if the opponent is the infringer.

The scrum in its current form, is a blight on the game. Too much time is wasted on resets and malarkey with two sets of front row forwards participating in an unnecessary testosterone-fueled pissing contest. It has become a means of generating penalties instead of what it is supposed to be according to Law 20.

"The purpose of the scrum is to restart play quickly , safely and fairly , after a minor infringement or a stoppage."

Unfortunately, in its current form, it is failing in all three criteria. It needs to return to being purely a hooking & pushing contest, not a lifting, twisting , dropping, turning and general wrestling competition.

Make no mistake, there is no NH = legal v SH = illegal (or vice-versa) when it comes to scrummaging.... ALL FRONT ROWS CHEAT WITHOUT EXCEPTION no matter which team, country or hemisphere they play in. They cheat, because the scrum Laws as they stand now, encourages them to cheat. There are a couple of things that could help to make it more difficult for them to cheat, and I'm prepared to discuss them if anyone is interested.

If not, then I won't bother wasting my time.

Latest posts