• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British & Irish Lions vs Emirates Lions

Ferrari333SP

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Harlequins
I'm guessing we'll see a completely changed team? When will the squad be announced?

Given every Irish player in the squad started the last game I'm not expecting any in the starting team hear.

Should be a bit more competitive than the last time the Lions played the Lions.

I think the team will be everyone who trained in Jersey since the beginning but who didn't play the majority of the match v Japan plus the Sarries players, Curry, Russell and maybe Sinckler (or Fagerson if he's fit). Think the Exeter boys will be kept for the next game on Weds.

Last week it was Tuesday, but I assume for this next game it's probably tomorrow (Thursday)

I know club sides often beat the B&I Lions but I can't see this SA Lions team beating the British and Irish Lions (I hate that i must specify) , maybe because of the First game or second game syndrome the African Lions might have a chance. But to put it bluntly this Lions team has very little chance of winning the Currie Cup. With that said, The other Lions will have a rude awakening on the Highveld. I went there last week again and as is common with Coastal citizens visiting Joburg, your nose starts to bleed, and you feel it on your skin this time of the year if you are not acclimatized. To be fair, My buddy from Pretoria thought we KZN people were overreacting. So in this regard it will be interesting to see how a composite team reacts to this in only their second game. I know the original idea by SARU was to keep the British and Irish Lions away from Ellis Park until the tests, but it is what it is now.

If the B&I Lions to adapt well to the conditions, a lot of praise has to go to Bobby. I feel he has been the unsung hero of the last few tours with his strength and condition regimes

If the B&I Lions to adapt well to the conditions, a lot of praise has to go to Bobby. I feel he has been the unsung hero of the last few tours with his strength and condition regimes
He must have an easy job though when he has absolute beasts in thee squad like AWJ and Tipuric.

Gotta love The Rope. He was one of the first people Gatland called to see if he was available apparently. Same for Pivac when he took over. He's clearly highly valued.

1 W Jones
2 George
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Hill
6 Lawes
7 H Watson
8 Faletau
9 Price
10 Russell
11Adams
12 Farrell
13 Harris
14 Rees-Zammit
15 Hogg (c)

Yeah that's not so balanced across the bird but might work.

Few things, that centre pairing is very light weight (always is with Farrell at 12), too many English in for me. But let's see how they go!

Centre is a quite bit different from last week. Henderson and Aki are both strong carriers to get over the gain line, neither of the centres are this time really. Loads of pace out wide, so Lions will being playing with quite extreme width I imagine.
Lawes at 6 though........................................
Looking forward to seeing Watson and Faletau play together, I think they will work well.

Particularly excited by the Russell - Farrell dynamic. Could either be a genius move or something that will never be repeated

Wednesday game will be a back row and Navidi, Curry, Simmonds then?
That's pretty entertaining one to be fair.

Latest posts