• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brock James (not Butch, BROCK)

S

Stillknox

I'd like to make a topic about this player, who in my opinion, is very underrated outside France.

img4127pe8lf0.jpg

Brock James is a 26 years old australian fly half playing for ASM Clermont-Auvergne. He represented Australia at Under 16, 19, 21 and Sevens level but nobody knew this player out there when he came out from Western Force to replace Stephen Jones at Clermont, but quickly he became one of the stars of our french championship.See yourself : he has been Top 14's top point scorer last year, with 380 points, and has been leading Clermont up to the European Challenge Trophy and the Top 14 Final. He's still at the moment the best scorer of Top 14, and got the best points / games ratio of the H-Cup, with an impressive 17,4 points per games.

More than a good goalkicker, I think that James is a true leader of backlines, and a master of offensive play : he's quick, creative and he's a great passer,whatsoever with the hands or feet… Clermont's wingers like Rougerie, Malzieu and Delasau can be thankful tom him for the numerous tries they scored.
I think he could be in the Wallabies team if he was still in Super 12…really an excellent player.

He deserved a good spotlight, this is done. But you, what do you think of him ?

A good video about him, with some nice actions: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...5a_bjames_sport

Yea ive seen him a few times now and he seems a pretty handy player. This is the guy the Brumbies should have gone after to replace Larkham, i would be surprised if he isnt playing for the Wallabies sometime in the next few years.

Yea ive seen him a few times now and he seems a pretty handy player. This is the guy the Brumbies should have gone after to replace Larkham, i would be surprised if he isnt playing for the Wallabies sometime in the next few years. [/b]

Can he play for the Wallabies if he stays in Europe ?
I now that the 'europeans kiwis' cannot be picked by the All Blacks, but what about Australia ?

i heard there are a few southern hemisphere players carving up. almost every single one who has come up. i remember brock tho, he was pretty good and yeah, australia should've held on to him!

Yeah, but all he really had was that 1 good season for the Taranaki - wonder how thing's would've turned out if he had been allowed to play for the Hurricanes though.

He was pretty useless at the Force, he had a huge problem with being unable to kick the ball into touch...although all the flyhalfs besides Hilgendorf had the same problem in the first season....he didn't really seem exceptional at all and I would guess if he came back he would be much the same...no where near test standard...

<div class='quotemain'> Yea ive seen him a few times now and he seems a pretty handy player. This is the guy the Brumbies should have gone after to replace Larkham, i would be surprised if he isnt playing for the Wallabies sometime in the next few years. [/b]

Can he play for the Wallabies if he stays in Europe ?
I now that the 'europeans kiwis' cannot be picked by the All Blacks, but what about Australia ?
[/b][/quote]
Unfortunately its the the same case for Aussies as it is for Kiwis. If they don't play in the Super 14 for a team from their country, they aren't eligable to be picked for national duty.

He was pretty useless at the Force, he had a huge problem with being unable to kick the ball into touch...although all the flyhalfs besides Hilgendorf had the same problem in the first season....he didn't really seem exceptional at all and I would guess if he came back he would be much the same...no where near test standard... [/b]

Well, if you have many FH better than him, you have to count yourself lucky.
I'm not sure he would be better than Barnes (or at least Barnes in a couple of years), but he seems to me a very able backup for him.

I'm not sure he would be better than Barnes (or at least Barnes in a couple of years), but he seems to me a very able backup for him.
[/b]
He just didn't seem to cope to well when he was down here, must be something in your drinking water? :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
He just didn't seem to cope to well when he was down here, must be something in your drinking water? :p [/b][/quote]

W.. water? What is that? You must have us confused with people who play water-rugby. Try something more bubbly...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
He just didn't seem to cope to well when he was down here, must be something in your drinking water? :p [/b][/quote]

W.. water? What is that? You must have us confused with people who play water-rugby. Try something more bubbly...

[/b][/quote]
Please forgive Brodizzle, he actually meant soda water. :bleh!: :bana:

Don't know why, but as I've already ask, should be married here to enter the EdF.

Watching Montpellier/Clermont at the moment, 3 (0/21)tries for Clermont in the first 9 min !!!!

He just didn't seem to cope to well when he was down here, must be something in your drinking water? :p [/b]
I think you haven't seen him since a long time. I look the Super14, Guiness Premiership and top14, and I think he's one of the best 10 currently.
He has a pass of 25/30m on both side, an enormous kick, he's able to use his two feet, he plays with the head... He seems to play his best rugby at the moment, his defense is not his main quality but no big damage, very good player.

It's a great player, I don't know why he hasn't been selected with the walabies. He should have been selected in australia. He has a very good kick, it's a metronome. He has a superb vision of the game. What else? :rolleyes:

It's a great player, I don't know why he hasn't been selected with the walabies. He should have been selected in australia. He has a very good kick, it's a metronome. He has a superb vision of the game. What else? :rolleyes:
[/b]
He couldn't handle the game in Australia, tougher for him, he used to kick it away stupidly often when the game called for it to stay in his hands...he wasn't even an outsider for the Wallabies when he was here...keep in mind though the Super 14 is a few gears about Top 14.

Latest posts