• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bronze and Final

Well played NZ. It was obvious at the end where England were going to throw. That TMO lineout decision was very dodgy and for me it ruined what was a great game.

Why do they ask the most stupid questions: "how do you feel right now?"

Well done NZ great effort from Eng.
No complaints over card and it did probably tell in the end but that is a player error ,gutted for the ladies.

I mean england wins if not for the red, but what a game. Even if england won at the end there, black ferns would still be heroes.

You win or lose as a team. There were moments when momentum might have swung.

The right things will be said but everyone, including the whole England setup, know the brutal truth is that it's virtually impossible to win any game with a player short for an hour. A great effort from the 14 but with 15 we'd likely be holding the trophy now.

Sounds harsh, but that's the reality.

I mean england wins if not for the red, but what a game. Even if england won at the end there, black ferns would still be heroes.
I mean, it was so close, there are any number of "if only"s that would turn the game today.
The red was fully deserved for a panicked lack of discipline, so no complaints here.

Ultimately, we had the match in our own hands, twice, and we cocked up.

New Zealand deserved winners, England only have themselves to blame.

I hope england is still proud of their team
Never in doubt

The red was fair and congrats to the Black Ferns... but England have also shown they're the best in the world - THIS is the level of luck you need to get an edge on them

Great spectacle, great drama. The women's game has delivered on the hype

I don't know if anyone kept watching but basically the whole crowd stuck around for quite a while. Plenty of cheers for the English too. And ruby tui had the crowd singing

What was the difference between the red card for England and the yellow card for NZ? Both high tackles/contact to the head with no mitigation as far as I can see/recall?

NZ have not even scratched the surface of their ability yet.
The forward pack is only learning.
The one game England needed to win and they fell over and were just not goode enough.
30 wins in a row is a great achievement and NZ were always going to go after them after what happened last year.
The Black Ferns grew up very quickly and it is a worry for England that they had a big heard start involving professional rugby and for NZ to catch so quickly.

The worry for England is that NZ's development has only started.
The Black Ferns now have the time develop the forward power for the next world cup.

There are problems for England, yes they have the power game but they are light years behind NZ in player skill level and the Kiwis have only had about 4 months of development.

The English game does not inspire people, it is not an attactive game and it will not grow rugby.
There is such relief that the Balck Ferns won this game for the sake of rugby.
I think the English are all tied up in their own hype and BS I am afraid.

NZ will only get better from here and will develop a forward pack that will be equal if not better than England along with highly skilled backs and wil continue to enjoy their rugby.

The French were left behind very quickly by NZ.

In 4 years time Australia will greatly improve and it will be obvious what style they will develop.
They will follow the Kiwis - if they followed the English style - the Australian public would die of bordom I am afraid.
The English game is very much a turn off to New Zealanders - THEY LIKEN IT TO WATCHING PAINT DRY..........

There was massive relief tonight that England finished second, the NZ style will grow the game around the world.
NZ were always waiting for England (The English have had targets on their backs for a while).
As it turns out - Simon Middleton and his team got caught out didn't they - relied to much on last years victories and thinking they ahd the measure on NZ - ENGLANDS GAME HAS NOT GROWN FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS.

I suspect that if NZ had of been down to 14 instead of England, they would have still foind a way to win.

England did not learn the lessons that in 4 previous finals against NZ - They had finished second - And yes it happened again tonight and for the sake of rugny - Thank God.

It did not take NZ long to catch up...............

England did not evolve and NZ very quickly caught up.

This is a major worry for England because all the massive imput over a 4 year period and it has been swallowed up by NZ in about 4-5 months because of very careful and focused planning.

Simon Middleton and England believed their own hype..........

And NZ played the rugby as they always do.

Katie Mcleans comments on here typfied the English attitude really - Very much on a different planet to how Kiwis view rugby.
England with their repetitive and systematic approach (making us bored shitless) compared to New Zealand's flair and innovation.
Eden Park was packed because of the Black Ferns not the Red Roses.

Last edited:

Latest posts