• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brumbies Vs Highlanders

C

C A Iversen

Well as injury-ravaged as the Brumbies are looking, I still think they are a much superior prospect to my local guys, the Highlanders. Sure the Highlanders walked away from last week as an unlucky side and could easily wear the "not as bad as you thought we were" tag, but I still think the Brumbies have enough depth for this kind of situation.

If the Brumbies start well they should have enough to see this one out but if the Highlanders can get a foothold in the game early then they have the talent to exploit any mistakes from the Brumbies.
I'll go for a home win though.

The Brumbies were dam lucky, the Highlanders looked much more dangerous with the ball in hand but a combination of mistakes and bad luck robbed them again. They wont be totally dissapointed though, two away games and two bonus points and at home in Otago they should be able to atleast finish mid table with all their home games left.

Highlanders will finish at the bottom of the table.

They still got the republic to visit, as well as games against the 4 NZ franchises.

They got it tough tbh lol

That's more like it, bad haircuts = decent rugby
[/b]

:lol: :lol:

Just watching this now... some 'quality' hairdo's on display :D

Nice to see Tyrone Smith settling in well.

Agreed, his ball carrying was superb i thought, constantly breaking the first tackle and getting over the gainline.

Turning into a great game in the second half :bravo: . Great try and then trysaver from the Brumbies No 8.

I can't believe the Brumbies bombed an easy try scoring opportunity near the end that would've given them the bonus point and not given me a heart attack with a minute to go...

Chisholm and Chapman both made a big difference this week...

Unfortunately now Anthony Faingaa is out injured... how much bad luck do you need to have to have 5 centres injured! 5 centres?!!!?

If the Brumbies can hold out over the next month they're going to have Mortlock, Rathbone, Ashley-Cooper, Fairbanks and Faingaa all back around the same week.

And considering the way some of the other guys have been playing that will be a fairly solid backline.

I can't believe the Brumbies bombed an easy try scoring opportunity near the end that would've given them the bonus point and not given me a heart attack with a minute to go...

If the Brumbies can hold out over the next month they're going to have Mortlock, Rathbone, Ashley-Cooper, Fairbanks and Faingaa all back around the same week.

And considering the way some of the other guys have been playing that will be a fairly solid backline.
[/b]
Don't worry Fushi, you'll be bottom of the ladder with no way back up by then :p

S**t we where lucky to win but things on the injury front are bad.However we are playing the reds next week quite a winnable game.Who knows these injuries could mean that the young turks in the team could step up....i hope. :)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Don't worry Fushi, you'll be bottom of the ladder with no way back up by then :p
[/b][/quote]

Oh please, not with the Highlanders, Lions, Cheetahs, Reds AND Force in the competition. :p

and now Al Campbell is gone with injury.
[/b]

That's OK. We've got more than enough good locks.

We'd just like another half a dozen centres please. :angry:

Oh please, not with the Highlanders, Lions, Cheetahs, Reds AND Force in the competition. :p
[/b]
By the time we play you in the last round this season we'll already have the home semi wrapped up so you may be gifted a win to get you off the bottom :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
By the time we play you in the last round this season we'll already have the home semi wrapped up so you may be gifted a win to get you off the bottom :p
[/b][/quote]

You guys don't have the forward pack to match the top teams (or the Brumbies and Waratahs for that matter)... :p

And despite having a very talented backline - if Giteau gets injured the Force will crash. He seems to be carrying them at the moment.

Anyways, in a month we're going to have Mortlock, Ashley-Cooper, Rathbone, Fairbanks and Faingaa back, so as long as we can hold on in the next few weeks we look forward to beating you guys in Perth. :D

You guys don't have the forward pack to match the top teams (or the Brumbies and Waratahs for that matter)... :p
[/b]
Rubbish, at the moment Mitch is experimenting with the forwards, I think they are very hard done by. They dominated the Reds scrum in the trial....and considering your coach Laurie Fisher praised the Tahs scrum and actually thought they had a chance of beating the Highlanders scrum.....well he's a clueless as the rest of them :)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Rubbish, at the moment Mitch is experimenting with the forwards, I think they are very hard done by. They dominated the Reds scrum in the trial....and considering your coach Laurie Fisher praised the Tahs scrum and actually thought they had a chance of beating the Highlanders scrum.....well he's a clueless as the rest of them :)
[/b][/quote]

Trials don't account for anything really...

And the Highlanders scrum isn't very strong at all... the 'Tahs shouldn't have any problems with them... :p

Trials don't account for anything really...

And the Highlanders scrum isn't very strong at all... the 'Tahs shouldn't have any problems with them... :p
[/b]
Yeah, but since those trials we haven't had our first team scrum on.

Once we have the front row of Gareth Hardy, Tai McIsaac and the Immortal AJ Whalley with Sharpey in the locks with a Pocock, Fava and Brown Back row that'll be a pretty good one....Takiari is where our weakness lies atm, useless former Tah....

The Highlanders scrum is inexperience but Baxter can't even hold a scrum up, diabolical...look at last week, he'll fall time and time again until the ref comes on his side where he will manage to shakily hold his own end....hopefully the Highlanders get some mongrel in them and follow in the footsteps of thier former Highlander scrums and crush the Tahs...

Latest posts