Brweing

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Anyone else do it? I'm currently cash-strapped to the extreme so 10 to 15 quid for 40 pints seems a good deal. I mainly make lagers but am currently in experimenting mood having ordered cider, cervesa and choclotate mint schnapps kits the other day. I'm also trying out a few things like heading agents and taste amlifiers to get rid of that acidic taste that is often an inevitable consequence of fermentation. I'm also contemplating delving into distillation and liquer making, but perhaps it isn't worth the risk.

Any other brewers out there? It's a great way to save money. If so, what equipment to you use, what is your preference to produce, do you use kits or go from scrath etc.

I've wanted to do it for years now. I have some friends that do it and love it. They are in other states, so I've yet to sample it. I'd be especially interested in doing cider.

Well if you can brew beer you can brew cider. It's the same baisc process except you replace your barley and malt extract with concentrated apple juice. Not that you have to do anything different, just buy a different pack. If you're interested into starting up I'd advise you to invest in a brewing kit. While at around 60 euro, or whateverit is in dollars, it may seem a bit steep, it's a one off investment and you get everthing you need. The brewing itself is relatively easy but the big thing is clenliness. Everything you use has to be sterilised thoroughly. It's good craic all the same and great for house parties or even just chilling. The father has brewed poteen and all sorts which I may have to give a shot.

I once tried to make alcoholic Vimto. Brewed it in my cupboard when I was 14. The whole thing went shebang when the bottle nearly exploded and it got launched into my next door neighbour's back yard, as his HAD just exploded! Fun times.

Tut tut, that's what you get for not allowing for the production of CO2

Me and Dad made some cider once involving apples from next doors apple trees, a leaf shredder/blower, some pillow cases and a washing machine.

It was an astounding success and I may, may share the details with you ;)

i'm definately keen to do this now, i read a few months back about a bunch of mates that got into it and now they're actually selling their stuff to bars etc as a boutique beer. the hardest thing they said was finding the bottles to bottle the beer in.

i'm gonna start looking into this.... WATCH THIS SPACE!

Me and Dad made some cider once involving apples from next doors apple trees, a leaf shredder/blower, some pillow cases and a washing machine.

It was an astounding success and I may, may share the details with you ;)
I knew someone had told me about that process...it was you! I think it was during that time of my life when I was posing as an Aussie in London.

My dad used to do it for the craic of it. He'd use the beers for dinner parties. I never tasted em cause I was too young. Some of the lads have mentioned on occassion that we should try it but it's probably not gonna happen...

When I was a kid I once left an open can of Club Rock Shandy on my window sill when it was sunny thinking the heat would turn it into alcohol.

My dad used to brew beer when i was little, he'd ferment it in the airing cupboard until one time it exploded covering all the towels/bedsheets in half-brewed yeasty mess...to say my mom wasn't impressed is an understatement. I don't think he's made any since then

Latest posts