• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BT in talks to sell stake of Sports Division

Hope it's Amazon, from that lot

DAZN have definitely got cash to burn though, and already own a bunch of boxing (and other sports I can't think of) rights, so could want to add UFC etc. to that

Disney is a weird one - are they involved in any streaming atm? Or is it a case where they want to own the rights but then rent them out to someone with a streaming platform already? Can't see them putting rugby and UFC on Disney+

Think we'll see a few more of these change hand over time. BT have done a good job, build a reliable product and one that competes against Sky makes perfect sense as Alpha said to move it on now especially as other people are looking to diverisfy their sport products. You can sell the agreements you have now and not enter a bidding war for them in the future when the other players come in.

Hope it's Amazon, from that lot

DAZN have definitely got cash to burn though, and already own a bunch of boxing (and other sports I can't think of) rights, so could want to add UFC etc. to that

Disney is a weird one - are they involved in any streaming atm? Or is it a case where they want to own the rights but then rent them out to someone with a streaming platform already? Can't see them putting rugby and UFC on Disney+

Believe Disney own ESPN and have a sports streaming service through them in North America.

Believe Disney own ESPN and have a sports streaming service through them in North America.
Ah, of course

Slightly concerning as I've heard nothing but bad things about ESPN+ from MMA fans trying to use it to watch UFC stateside
Hopefully just teething problems, as it's a relatively new service, I think

I hope other international teams make sure their games don't go on streaming sites. Regardless on what channel or streaming site wales matches a'r on, they also have to be brocasted on s4c (Welsh tv). The wru made it a part of their manifesto to help visibility and access of rugby to the younger generation and to help grow the game nationally.

Discovery currently £60 a year (£7 a month).
If the Sale happens I could see it being £100 a year or £10 a month.

Would most likely mean all games available to stream and if it's £10 a month I can cancel it in the off season.

TBH DAZN or Discovery will both be cheaper most likely, have more games and be monthly option.
So hurry the **** up BT.

Both BT Sport and Eurosport UK will initially retain their separate brands and product propositions in the market before being brought together under a single brand in the future.
Happy about that, I was worried they'd bung it on Discovery+ or something - their olympics coverage was good, but I don't want another subscription

Hopefully EE retain their partnership with the new conglomerate and I can still get it on the cheap

Y'know what would be a great rule for the EU to pursue?

Banning of exclusivity of sports rights within any broadcasting area. It is an intrinsic monopoly - and they aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves with Apple, Microsoft, Intel, Google etc...

Exclusive rights are mostly a means of ripping consumers off.

Honesty the problem with that is you will end up with a NFL model with multiple different providers for one competition

BT sport - Friday night rugby
Sky sports - Saturday
ITV/BT - Sunday

Honesty the problem with that is you will end up with a NFL model with multiple different providers for one competition

BT sport - Friday night rugby
Sky sports - Saturday
ITV/BT - Sunday
God that would be terrible.

It was bad enough when sky had the European games and bt the premiership ones.

I hope Amazon hoovers it up.

God that would be terrible.

It was bad enough when sky had the European games and bt the premiership ones.

I hope Amazon hoovers it up.

This 100%, not too bothered who has it but I want one provider to have the following

URC
Rugby Championship
Top 14
English Premiership
July Internationals
November Internationals

Latest posts