• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BT money and Scottish and Welsh rugby

SuperEagle

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Ha. Cracks me up that Sky have got the rights to the Pro12 next season, yet 6 Pro12 teams (5 without the Cardiff shirt sponsorship) and a Stadium (Cardiff Arms Park) will all be sponsored by BT Sport :p Gonna be advertising their rivals quite a lot next year...

What odds on BT taking over from Rabodirect as ***le sponsor of the league?

A cash injection for Welsh and Scottish rugby is welcome. If Scotland gets out of debt, they can fund their regions/districts to a greater extent. If the Welsh regions can get more funding, perhaps they can slow down the player drain to English and French clubs.

Good for the Welsh and Scots franchises, good for the league, good for us. Contrary to what some would have you believe, it's very much in Irish interests for the Scots and Welsh to strengthen.

This Sky/BT Sport thing is working out very nicely for Celtic rugby atm.

Can't see the broadcaster sponsoring the competition - would be very awkward.

Can't see the broadcaster sponsoring the competition - would be very awkward.

Equally, I think BT are cheeky enough to try it.
I'd be amazed if they haven't at least made an offer - whether or not the people on charge take it (especially with their current relationship with sky) is another matter.

I wonder if BT are properly after the rabo? I know they want all the rugby, but clashes between that and the aviva mean they wouldn't be able to show as many games as they'd want (or they'd make them move to weird times/days like sky making superleague go to thursday nights).

Latest posts