8 - Kankowski
7 - Venter
6 - Daniel
5 - Muller
4 - Ackermann
3 - Botha
2 - B du Plessis / Badenhorst
1 - Dr. J du Plessis

Bismarck du Plessis's selection is pending, a late fitness test will be done to determine if he will be match ready.

I would like to see Terblanche at right wing instead of Ndungane.

How do you see this one going Steve?

The Sharks are my SA team but it's hard to see the Bulls not winning this one after being embarrassed last time out. I'm looking forward to see Kockett starting but they may lose impact from the bench because of that?

How do you see this one going Steve?

The Sharks are my SA team but it's hard to see the Bulls not winning this one after being embarrassed last time out. I'm looking forward to see Kockett starting but they may lose impact from the bench because of that?
[/b]

Actually mate, it's hard to see the Bulls winning this one. A replay of last years Final but the Sharks have the advantage of having the core of last years squad and also, they seem to be the only SA side handling the ELVs well.

Technically, it's not close to a replay of last years final, since it was played in Durbs. Though I get where you coming from, I won't give it that tag.

More like a replay of last years opening match, where the Sharks beat the Bulls at Loftus. Quite a feat, considering what players they did have.

And like you mentioned Juggers, we still have a lot of players remaining from last years campaign, who know what it takes to beat the Bulls there. But I wouldn't say the core is still intact.

Vambo, I reckon the Sharks will steal this one. The Bulls may be embarrassed but do they really have the quality of players to avenge that defeat? I don't think they do.

Their backline took a blow when JP Nel was cited, they'll miss his iron defence. Habana is still out. But I heard Bakkies will be back in action, a much needed boost for them.

We've only 2 backs on the bench in Jacobs and Terblanche, so that pace impact you were talking about will suffer.

Muir is gearing up for a grinding forward affair

The Sharks have a much more recogisible and experienced side than the Bull,of course it will be a classicaly pyhsical encounter but the Sharks will have a bit to much i think. Anybody know when Habana will be back? i heard he would be out for a month.

and the Bulls have been dealt another blow with Bakkies ruled out with a sprained ankle.

As much as I love beating the Bulls, I wanna beat them at their best!

I can just hear the excuses my cousin and uncle are gonna make already.

Hmm, well the first half has been dominated by the Bulls and they should have scored two tries. However they struggled to turn possesion into points and the Sharks scored with their first chance. 7-6 at half time,Kockotts having a stinker.

Heh, good one.

methinks Engels might be getting a call from the citing man, Johan was livid after being -penalised- for getting punched in the face, those 3 tries at the end must have been all the more sweeter.

That was terrible, I don't know whats going on with my beloved team but all is not well. I think Jaco Engels is in deep **** but then they also have to cite Johan Ackermann. The ref was far to leniant in not awarding the Sharks a second yellow card for high tackles and swinging arms.

Final score: Bulls 15-29 Sharks

Well, I'm happy. Coming away from Loftus with a bonus point is not easy.

I didn't get a good look at the Engels and Ackermann incident as the big screen in Loftus is pretty shitty. But I got a good view of JP Nel's late AND dangerous tackle. Red card IMO.

Anyway the match wasn't exactly free flowing, though the 2nd half was a huge improvement.

The Bulls had some moments but played the one dimensional game of rugby I expected. The greatest weapon in their arsenal is an overlap.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what to make of the Sharks performance. We created some chances and got some lucky breaks. We deserved the win, and stole the bonus point.

And Charles, Michalak had a solid game and capped it off with a good try. I'd say the number 10 jersey is his now. He's really playing good rugby

What? Michalak was AWOL most of the match. He had 1, maybe 2 good touches, the crossfield kick being a nice play. He barely touched the ball and gave the backline no direction. In addition, he made a couple of dreadful kicks and only managed to get a try by seagulling out on the wing, where the fly-half really shouldn't be when their team is on the attack. On the other hand, Steyn was pretty average as well and I wouldn't nominate him to take Freddy's place. The Sharks forwards I thought played really well and were the reason for the win. Kankowski is one to really watch and Daniel had a great game too. Bulls just lacked that attacking edge and Habana might have been the difference if he'd been available.

Put it this way dude. I've seen how Michalak can f*** over his team, so what he did last night was good enough

I agree with you about Daniel, really gets in there for a small flanker. I've been following him from his 1st season in the Currie Cup, as I'm a small flanker myself, and really impressed with the strides he has made.

Thanks for the report.

"I've seen how Michalak can f*** over his team, so what he did last night was good enough "

I know exactly what you mean mate...

Typical, had two go to have my tea with just over 10 minutes left, come back and from 15-10 to the Bulls the Sharks were 22-15 ahead and the scored again. I should probably stop watching rugby now, as the last 11 or 12 games i have watched the team i wanted to win has lost. :lol: Doesnt help being a Scotland and Stormers fan mind you.

Tea?! You missed that for tea? Missing that for beer and biltong would of been justifiable :p

BTW latest news on the Engels and Nel incidents, is that they've both been cited. People are even calling for the Bulls to pull a Henjak on Nels ass

People are even calling for the Bulls to pull a Henjak on Nels ass
[/b]

Oh what a lot of tos, Henjak and Nel's actions were on opposing ends of the spectrum, I agree Nel was irresponsible and broke the laws of the game and good sportsmanship, he should therefore deserve a just punishment for his actions but to 'pull a henjak' is being completely obvlivious to the situations.

Engels too, and to be fair I think he deserves a more severe penalty than Nel - Nel's offense happened in the spirit of play - tackling; In Engels' case there is no justification for landing a leftie - there is no stats for punching.

The Sharks deserve their win yesterday, and more importantly the bonus point. I think they will be the only saffa team to make it into the playoffs- simply by being able to handle broken play better than the rest of our teams.

The game today confirmed to me that the bulls, as they are at the moment are not worth of a berth, the laws have changed boys!!!!you need to adapt, surely the Crusaders game taught them that? The ELV's make it possible for teams to score tries, and yet against the sharks the bulls could simply not score despite spending soooo much time near it.

Of course it's not because of that late tackle only. Nels possibly the most hated player in SA because he pulls this kind of **** often. So it's more of the last straw on the camels back.

Spirit of play my ass, boet. He basically drop Steyn on his head. He was let off the hook for an obvious swing arm last week. He ain't a team player, in fact he screwed over his team lastnight. Yet the majority of Bulls fans praise his thuggery.

But you know, I don't really care for the Bulls, so they can keep on selecting him. I guess if you consider WO your best centre what else can you do?

Tea?! You missed that for tea? Missing that for beer and biltong would of been justifiable :p

BTW latest news on the Engels and Nel incidents, is that they've both been cited. People are even calling for the Bulls to pull a Henjak on Nels ass
[/b]

You dont want to get on the wrong side of my Mum <_<

Latest posts