• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Buxton staying by the Shed

B

Bullitt

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3...5888188,00.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Peter Buxton, one of Gloucester's longest-serving players, has signed a new two-year contract, keeping him there until June 2012.

Cheltenham-born Buxton was one of Nigel Melville's first signings for the club when he joined from Newport back in 2002 and has since gone on to become one of Gloucester's most durable and consistent performers of the modern era.

He was part of the squad that topped the table in the 2002-3, 2006-7 and 2007-8 seasons, played in the team that won the Powergen Cup in 2003 and captained Gloucester to victory over London Irish in the European Challenge Cup in 2006.

Capable of playing in the second row as well as on the blindside flank, he adds a wealth of experience to Bryan Redpath's squad and made his 200th first team appearance for the club against the Dragons on Sunday in the Heineken Cup.

'Bucko' as he is affectionately known to the Kingsholm faithful told the club website that he never contemplated being anywhere else next season.

"I've been here a long time and it's home to me. It's a great club with fantastic supporters. Being from Cheltenham, I followed Gloucester as a youngster so it's always been my team," he said.

"We're really building something for next season as you can see from the other players signing contracts recently and I'm really happy to be part of that."[/b]

Latest posts