• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Buying Boots

M

ma04hew

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy some new boots and have been looking around.

Would it be better to buy some 'official' rugby boots, or will football boots be fine (I play in the back row!)

I've had a look on the lovell-rugby.co.uk site, and would it be advisible to buy off here (if so, should I order a size bigger?) or should I go to a high-street shop and try them on?

Particularly, I was looking at the Adidas Nine 15 III FG Rugby Boots.

Thanks, Matt.

As you're a forward I'd advise against getting football boots. Get some proper Rugby boots.

If you were to get football boots though, you'd need to change the studs in any case because they're illegal in Rugby whereas the boots themselves aren't.

Thanks for the reply Hall. What do you reckon to buying them off the internet is it a good idea, or is from the high-street better?

I've never bought boots from the internet before so I wouldn't know.

The only thing I've bought from the internet was a new guitar. Even then I went into the shop to try it out first and then bought it from the same shop's website because it was £30 cheaper from there.

Usually if its from a reputable supplier you have nothing to worry about but with something like Rugby boots, you need to be sure they'll fit you and you feel comfortable in them so I'd at least try some rather than just order them and hope they're right for you.

Ma04,

I recently switched to Rugby-specific boots from a pair of football boots and I wouldn't go back. If you're looking at adidas, their boots run a half-size large usually. (For example, someone who wears a 10.5 should buy a 10). I haven't bought a pair of boots from a store in about two years, and I haven't been let down yet. Well... that's kind of a lie, I did order one pair of football boots and they were a half-size too small, but that's my own damn fault.

My other .02: if you're looking at the 9 15 III's and don't mind paying an extra 30 or so, the 9 15 IV's are AMAZING. And I mean it.

Latest posts