• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bye Bye GP

O

Olyy

Looks like Sale will be heading down at the end of the season,
This season has just been a shocker for us. We've had two decent games (the two matches against Quins in the HEC) but apart from that, pretty poor.
And then with players off on international we've just been atrocious, against Gloucester the other day they put seven tries on us, with a lone penalty from Charlie Hodgson putting points on the board for us. We're four points from bottom, and having lost to Leeds at home the other week, we're not looking too good for the rest of the season.

We've got quite a few guys out injured atm, but that's no excuse for a professional team. To get dicked over so badly by Gloucester and Bath so close together (not saying those two teams are bad at all, just saying such one sided games shouldn't happen :p ) is just poor effort
Is it because we lost a few big names at the end of the last season or is Kingsley Jones not up for the job? Probably a mixture of the two.

I wonder how many players have a clause in their contract releasing them if we get demoted?

Schofield and Wigglesworth are the main two i think, and they've already signed elsewhere,

Bet Peel is regretting staying on now, if he's playing in The Championship his chances of getting in the Wales team will be greatly reduced

Yet another thing Cohen has done (alongside the HEC & World Cup and beating the All Blacks) which Shane Williams will never do...

How did I know it would be you I'd find at the end of my rod..... Fishing rod that is! :p

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

Love it! ( Kenneth not Sale saying Bye Bye ).

Sale could still escape as they still have us to play,, and they do seem to have the hoodoo over us :)

on another topic, would the ML be improved if they added Relegation / Promotion?

The Magners doesn't work like that: They're all regional sides made up of the numbers from several clubs - A bit like the American sports all have their "all stars" teams.

Only England and France still have a proper club system.

Wigglesworth is coming to Sarries (I think both Moses and old man Justin Marshall are retiring or something along those lines).

I'm gutted Sale have to leave. I'm gutted anyone has to leave, I met a load of Leeds fans a few months ago and they were well mint to have a chat with. That and Leeds is a superb city to spend a day out in anyway.

Personally my head insists that relegation stays but my heart always sheds a tear when one has to leave the room.

Probably why every season I pray Nottingham get a leg up into the GP. That'd be awesome but also a bit weird as they're my two favourite English teams.

London Wasps at home tonight, and a win is neccesary really.
However, with players out for the 6Nations, even though two of them are just warming the bench, it's not looking likely. They've had to shoehorn a fullback into inside centre, as Lee Thomas is out injured again for a month of more, James Gaskell is out for the rest of the season as is Tuilagi and Sheridan.
Apparently Sheridans shoulder dislocation was alot worse than they first though, instead of popping out of the socket, it smashed it's way through the bone, and then when they scanned him, they found that he had damaged the other as well, so the next time he'll play it could be in The Championship

Latest posts