• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bye bye Noel...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 29 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8228053.stm

Well I guess thats it for Oasis then. I know alot of members, especially those who grew up in the 90's or after, will have a special place for them, myself included. Saw them for the first time this summer so I guess I can count myself lucky. Gutted all the same :([/b]

They'll go down with the Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Led Zep, Clash, Smiths, Stone Roses, Blur, Radiohead and the Libertines as the greatest British rock bands of all time.

Personally I think Kasabian and Bloc Party are on the right course for joining that list.

Bloc Party aren't a rock band anymore...not by any stretch of the imagination.

:p

Doesn't Noel or Liam quit the band every year? Money will talk. He'll be back. Again.

Should've quit the week after Be Here Now was released before reuniting last year to make Dig Out Your Soul, everything in the decade in between should've never have happened.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Aug 29 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

:p[/b]

Bloc Party are like the Arctic Monkeys with an ounce of talent - Raved on about when their music is released, but ultimately it all sounds the same so is forgettable and disposable.

And I truly can't understand why you think the Libertines have any right to be mentioned in the same breath as the Stones or Stone Roses GG. Opinion is fair enough, but they're universally recognised as utter shite, only famous because of their former rent-boy frontmans antics away from the stage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 4 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Aug 29 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:p[/b]

Bloc Party are like the Arctic Monkeys with an ounce of talent - Raved on about when their music is released, but ultimately it all sounds the same so is forgettable and disposable.

And I truly can't understand why you think the Libertines have any right to be mentioned in the same breath as the Stones or Stone Roses GG. Opinion is fair enough, but they're universally recognised as utter shite, only famous because of their former rent-boy frontmans antics away from the stage.
[/b][/quote]

I'd hardly say Bloc Party all sounds the same considering the diversity o f styles they embrace...

Anyway, Libertines. 2 cracking albums where all of the songs are awesome. Personally I think Carl Barat was the main talent in the band, but when he teamed up with Doherty they made an incredible combination. There've been better musicians form bands than the ones who formed the Libertines, but few have been able to gel together and write lyrics and melodies as well as Barat/ Doherty.

I'd also add Muse to my list, I forgot about them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 29 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 29 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I guess thats it for Oasis then. I know alot of members, especially those who grew up in the 90's or after, will have a special place for them, myself included. Saw them for the first time this summer so I guess I can count myself lucky. Gutted all the same :([/b]

They'll go down with the Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Led Zep, Clash, Smiths, Stone Roses, Blur, Radiohead and the Libertines as the greatest British rock bands of all time.

Personally I think Kasabian and Bloc Party are on the right course for joining that list.
[/b][/quote]

I disagree.

Greatest mainstream bands of all time maybe and there's no way Libertines are anywhere near such a list for me. Kasabian and Bloc Party are good bands but it's not hard to be better than most the other indie rubbish at the moment.

There's a lot of British bands I prefer to those you mentioned.

As for Oasis, they released one/two good records imo. Noel was their only really talented member to be honest, albeit he was really talented.

Still, you mentioned Muse in your last post so I'll let you off. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Aug 29 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Aug 29 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Hey hold on, I do enjoy The Beatles, David Gilmour and Jimmy Page are gods, the Clash and the Smiths especially are 2 of my favourite bands. But Blur? Really? I know its all opinion but Blur doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same company as Floyd, the Stones and the Beatles surely?

Anyway, wasnt a fan of Oasis's recent stuff.

Latest posts