• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

C.Jane or P.Williams?

P

punkbrain

Both players are in great form and deserve to be part of the All Blacks tour.

I think C.Jane should be picked as a winger in place of J.Rokocoko coz he is out of form and needs more game time.
And then P.Williams will be second choice fullback.

4 wingers:

1.H.Gear
2.A.Tuitavake
3.S.Sivivatu
4.C.Jane

2 Fullbacks:

1.M.Muliaina
2.P.Williams

Who would U go for???

H. Gear, J. Rokocoko, S. Sitivatu, M.Muliaina, P. Williams, C. Jane.

To me Jane is a fullback and probably isn't as well suited to playing on the wing. With this mix I feel you've got decent cover for all of the back three positions.

Have to agree...

Jane is most certainly an out and out fullback and I don't see him playing any tests on the wing. In my mind he is the form NZ 15, that hasn't been tried as yet. With McDonald's career winding down his career in a hurry and most likely not going to be a part of the WC 2011, Jane should be getting a look right now, to be ready to understudy for Muliana.

Yep Corey Jane's been playing really good this season for the Wellington Lions and if anything I'd have him in the starting lineup just on form because thou Mils is better he hasn't had enought game time and might be just a little off the pace it might take him a game or 2 to get back into swing.

Paul Williams is a good player he showed alot of promise a few seasons back but than got a bad injury keeping him out for nearly 2 seasons. I'd like to see him get a shot because he can read where the balls gonna go and works well with his wingers.

I'd go with Corey as well. The guy looked dangerous in the semi-final for Wellington.
Whenever he received the ball he crossed the gain line, but always kept the ball alive by either offering it up as an offload before going to ground or staying strong on his feet for his support.
Good boot on the lad as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd go with Corey as well. The guy looked dangerous in the semi-final for Wellington.
Whenever he received the ball he crossed the gain line, but always kept the ball alive by either offering it up as an offload before going to ground or staying strong on his feet for his support.
Good boot on the lad as well.[/b]

Would you believe his boot used to be his downfall?

How long ago was that?
I mean, i know i've only really started to notice the guy this season, but the boot seems to be something that's a natural talent to him. Fair play if it was a weak point, it's not the easiest of things to work on.

Yeah his boot was kaka when he use to play wing and still had his long hair but he's improved it hardout still hopeful that he gets a start this weekend they've got Mils down as startin but apparently they're still not 100 percent sure.

When he first started out. He was another product of the Tietjen's Sevens team. If I recall correctly I remember marking him down as going places (chances of people actually believing this seem slim).

Because he was so used to playing running rugby he didn't have much of a boot on him. In his first year in the Hurricanes it was probably at its worst. He's come on leaps and bounds now, and you'll often see him kicking and chasing on the counter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 29 2008, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I recall correctly I remember marking him down as going places (chances of people actually believing this seem slim).[/b]

Me too.

He's on the bench this Saturday, I'd like to see him given a good go against the Wallabies.

Latest posts