• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Call Of Duty 5

A

ak47

its out today
if you get it - discuss
i will pick it up soon, the reviews are very good

The cod

Campaign â€" meh â€" stock standard â€" don’t get me wrong its very good, yet its cod4 with ww2 suits and equipment â€" it’s a refreshing change on a very good system â€" remembering this cod5 is made from same engine as cod4 â€" so everything is the same â€" especially the movement and shooting is identical â€" the storyline is crap, and u take 2 roles in the pacific and Europe and it switches all the time â€" so u cannot get immersed into the story like Gears2

Multiplayer â€" OMFG ZOMG FTW â€" brilliant â€" It plays identical to cod4 online â€" its amazingingly brilliant and better than cod4 online, as the maps are better - the firefights are more intense as the ww2 weapons are more inaccurate and more reloads â€" so u can be in a dog fight for 3-4 reloads its mad fun
The maps are soo much better than cod4 â€" they are larger, and more nooks n crannys to hide, and camping spots for sniping
There are tanks u can get in, and a mate can get on the turret and shoot
When u get 5 in a row â€" u send in a air strike
When u get 7 killls in a row â€" the chopper is replaced with DOGS â€" the hounds of war â€" a bunch of dogs are unleashed, and they come to get the enemy â€" its quiet scary hearing the dogs gets louder n louder as they sniff u out - u can stab them just like stabbing in cod4 â€" cop that pooch
More perks
More modes
U can select matchmaking to your locale meaning only aussies which means zero lag and there is none

GET IN!!

remember the sp campaign is pretty stale - prolly really good as co-op
but online - here cometh bohemith!!

I think I will buy it in a month....in time for Christmas.....wow wow woooooooooow!

what is not great is that there is lag when playing someone in UK
which sux as i have a few mates to play against from uk - and it will lag a bit like cod4
its not tragic but its enough to make ur blood boil when u put a full clip into some dude and he turns and kills u with 1 bullet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 13 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what is not great is that there is lag when playing someone in UK
which sux as i have a few mates to play against from uk - and it will lag a bit like cod4
its not tragic but its enough to make ur blood boil when u put a full clip into some dude and he turns and kills u with 1 bullet[/b]
Haha...yeah nothing as terrible as pumping away at someone who has walked around the corner into your sight and they turn around and kill you.  You see and hear the bullets hitting their body....yet when you watch the replay of them killing you it looks like you were taking ages to fire and missed every shot haha!

...finally one person explained to me that when lag is a factor you stop camping and go hunting blindly around corners like some sort of Terminator....that if you keep moving and get into a fire fight with someone who is stationery then theoretically you should win.  He even said he moves around corners with his knife and walks up to people who are stationery knowing that lag will give him a chance against bullets that are slow to tag him.

I played some more last night

multiplayer is absolutely brilliant â€" the maps are huge!!

These multiplayer maps are the greatest I have ever seen

The mutiplayer sounds good. I though enjoyed the single player campaing a lot more on COD4 - the idea of that on co-op is pretty tasty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 14 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
These multiplayer maps are the greatest I have ever seen[/b]

Wow that really is saying something.  

Glad that the COD series was able to put the Halo series in its place.

Just as I was starting to get to grips with COD4 Multiplayer this comes out...

I guess it will be the best of both World Wars then huh?.

Gotto be done â€" it wont take u long with world @ war â€" its exactly the same feel and control, and greatness â€" new perks, new modes, new maps

But most importantly are the maps â€" so good â€" so many places to snipe â€" so many places to hide â€" some of them are MASSIVE â€" I have read people whinging the some maps are too big â€" there is no such thing as a map too big IMO â€" the bigger the level the bigger the experience â€" the greater the feeling of hunting someone down and pinging them from a distance, or even running up to them and stabbing them

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 14 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But most importantly are the maps â€" so good â€" so many places to snipe â€" so many places to hide â€" some of them are MASSIVE â€" I have read people whinging the some maps are too big â€" there is no such thing as a map too big IMO â€" the bigger the level the bigger the experience â€" the greater the feeling of hunting someone down and pinging them from a distance, or even running up to them and stabbing them[/b]

Yeah
I got a bit tired of small maps where I come alive...and then get shot as soon as I go looking for a toilet. I once got shot in the bum while making love to a random female insurgent....no privacy or respect on those small maps.

I played that free COD5 demo online and i was a bit weirded out.
Isn't it just COD4 set back 60 years ago?
It was identical to me. Decided after playing the demo that i was just gonna stick to COD4. Would i be wrong in doing so?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 15 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I played that free COD5 demo online and i was a bit weirded out.
Isn't it just COD4 set back 60 years ago?
It was identical to me. Decided after playing the demo that i was just gonna stick to COD4. Would i be wrong in doing so?[/b]
WW 2 bullets are bigger and heavier and blah blah blah....I personally prefer WW2 armoury than the current weapons.

i'm a fan of ww2 so this game is more fun for me. i just started playing it today and in an hour of online play found that some maps are too small and some are too large there is one map i played for at least 15 mins i saw one person which kinda bummed me out but i guess it's better then playing a tiny map where you spawn and die constantly. Those tiny maps are good for a little split screen with some buddys over though. I do like that they added tanks but the dogs just f***ing own me that **** isn't fun :/ but i must say it's a good buy

Played it for the first time today....controls just like COD4....WW2 guns are very much like....well....WW2 guns lol! Not that I have ever held a WW2 gun but the other WW2 ***les where they use guns from that era feel pretty much the same as the guns in COD5...so I found that very cool indeed.

Anyway I went PS3 online to have a go and got shot up a few times....very much like COD4.

The thing I never understood was the autolock you have in solo player...it does not work online. Maybe this is just as well otherwise people would not have a chance if they went out into the open.

I still wish I could cheat and use the mouse and keyboard lol!

I might get this on PC but it needs a pretty good video card. Right now I have an ATI Raedon 9550, which isn't good enough. The system requirements are below, can someone tell me a decent video card which is better than the ones below and is at a good price (under $150)

Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better]

P.S. There are rumors they will combine Xbox360 Live and PC online multiplayer. Can anyone confirm this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Nov 20 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
P.S. There are rumors they will combine Xbox360 Live and PC online multiplayer. Can anyone confirm this?[/b]
Lol the Xbox players would seriously get owned...unless they too could have a keyboard and mouse hooked up to the xbox.

I always get owned online....but I do find pleasure getting a kill or two.  There are too many serious people playing.  Even if you suck at this game you can still enjoy taking out the king of the map occasionally (except he gets so mad he comes straight back to where I am to kill me).

I do like the sound of the WW2 guns a whole lot better than the modern guns.....so glad they went back to WW2 in this version.

The good thing is that with the new XBOX Live party chat, you can now talk to more than one person at once and you don't need to listen to the jabronis playing in the game with you whilst they shout their mouth off.

Latest posts