• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calling all philologers!

R

RC

I have stumbled across and absolute beaut!

As a philophile (i just made up that word! As I'm sure you're all telling me now the correct noun for somone who loves learning about words and their origins would not be "philophile" simply because of the word Philophobia, which as we all know means to have a fear of love. But i'm sticking with what i've written!)

...where was I?

Oh yeah, as a philophile, i love looking up the origin of words.
But as a red blooded male i also love women. Pretty women. Pretty women with blonde hair. Pretty women with blonde hair and busty cleavage.

I know what you're thinking and i've been thinking the same thing for many a year as well: -
"Where oh where can i amalgamate my two passions for words and womens bodies?!"

Well, fear not, i have found the idyllic source for which we can vent our frustrations.
Ladies and gentlemen i give to you...

HOT FOR WORDS!

<span style="color:#000000">Please, take a look at just some of the videos i will provide below, and if they intrigue you beyond belief - as i'm sure they will - then just go onto youtube and look at the many more she has on there.
Enjoy, for this is my pleasure to bring to you and remember INTELLIGENCE IS SEXY!: -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsEteYRzbq0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsEteYRzbq0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9jlefnXKyQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9jlefnXKyQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz8CyUxj60U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz8CyUxj60U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I can't stop grinning...
</span>

I'm still watching the bloody things!

1:25am Matt! Go to f***ing bed!
[/b]
Just watch 5 more minutes, say goodbye to HotForWords, and say HELLO to Mrs Palmer and her 5 daughters...if you get my drift. After having a pleasant time with the lovely ladies, you'll be able to go to sleep easily.

I think the fact that you and I are the only people commenting on this topic means one thing and one thing alone: -

All the other members are illiterate homosexuals...

Saw one minute, and hit pause, if you're going to do a show on language, use a woman who speaks English.
I'm sure there are enough hot busty blondes who know how to pronounce all words :p

Saw one minute, and hit pause, if you're going to do a show on language, use a woman who speaks English.
I'm sure there are enough hot busty blondes who know how to pronounce all words :p
[/b]

I agree
shes annoying as hell

and btw matt im not a homo >_>

Someone agrees with me!! This is like the happiest day of my life!

Finally I have something worth mentioning in my diary!

Why would you be a homosexual just for thinking that woman needs to shut up?

I dunno, i think he jumped to his own conclusions.
I simply made a funny by saying that because nobody is commenting on this thread they must therefore be illiterate and gay.

He read the thread and thought, 'Blimey, someone's onto me! I better comment and state that i am not gay!'

So fair play to the guy, at least we know he's straight...or bi. But he's not gay!
The case is still not closed as to whether he is illiterate, however.

I'm not sure if illiterate means 'able to read'.
It's called something completely different in dutch, so I can't compare any similar sounds in it.

I've been collecting cartoons and such that have something to do with my english classes. The net is full of it!!

Maybe I'm gay ^o) I've only felt attracted to guys, so does that make me gay?

I'm pretty gay in the old meaning of the word xD7Pretty and witty and gaaaaay! Except for the two first ones.

Anyway, back on to the bimbo and the girl explaining the word (that was the last thing I heard, 'Bimbo', the irony hit me like a train).
If I'd stuff my bra, bleach my hair, and got some plastic surgery done, I'd so totally own her! Only word I ever mispronounced at Pronunciation test was 'laboratory' (I pronounced the second o :( )

I'm not sure if illiterate means 'able to read'.
It's called something completely different in dutch, so I can't compare any similar sounds in it.

I've been collecting cartoons and such that have something to do with my english classes. The net is full of it!!

Maybe I'm gay ^o) I've only felt attracted to guys, so does that make me gay?

I'm pretty gay in the old meaning of the word xD7Pretty and witty and gaaaaay! Except for the two first ones.

Anyway, back on to the bimbo and the girl explaining the word (that was the last thing I heard, 'Bimbo', the irony hit me like a train).
If I'd stuff my bra, bleach my hair, and got some plastic surgery done, I'd so totally own her! Only word I ever mispronounced at Pronunciation test was 'laboratory' (I pronounced the second o :( ) [/b]

Oh god, where to begin.

1) Erm...illiterate is not being able to read or write.
2) No you're not gay; not unless your "boyfriend" is actually a girl.
3) I too am happy!
4) You would not own her, because you'd be copying her...you'd have to do something original. I await your attempt.
5) Your teacher told you that pronounced "laboratory" incorrectly becuase you pronounce the 2nd 'o'??? So, they were expecting you to pronounce it "Laboratry"???
I find this quite baffling. If you pronounced both of the 'O's in the word then you pronounced it correctly.
Lab-or-a-to-ry.

I'm quite angry by this.

I could copy her with my own haircolour!! That would be so different.

I think I'll wait before posting films of myself showing that cleavage. It's hard engough being 1.60m (well, almost) in summer. Nothing against tall guys, but they could keep their eyes somewhere else.

Also, David is not a girl, so I guess I'm either heterosexual, or bisexual without knowing it. I'm pretty sure about the first one.

I hate to say it, but the profesor who told me it was laboratry sounded awfully confident, and he was probably backed by ten other university geeks :(
I'll look into it though, after my exams xD

And these "university geeks"...what's their first language?
I rest my case!

Oh wait, my first language is Welsh. ********!

Well, trust me. Lab-or-a-try is the lazy way of saying it.
Speak to Queen Elizabeth and I assure you, Ma'am herself would pronounce it Lab-or-at-ory.

Are you gonna argue with the Queen of England?

The Queen of England eats an egg each day.

So even if it wasn't on how to pronounce certain words, I would argue with her over something.

It's not healthy, all that cholesterol, she's not in her forties anymore!

Not sure on the first languages, I'm guessing all of them are from around these parts. I'll ask the natiev speaker that is supposed to give us 'language classes' in second term. Depends on how much the person is.

Check it, just looked it up:

lab·o·ra·to·ry /ˈlæb
thinsp.png
rəˌtɔr
thinsp.png
i, -ˌtoʊr
thinsp.png
i, ˈlæb
thinsp.png
ər
thinsp.png
ə-; Brit. ləˈbɒr
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
ri, -ə
thinsp.png
tri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lab-ruh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee, lab-er-uh-; Brit. luh-bor-uh-tuh-ree, -uh-tree]

Boo-yah, in HERE!

Stick that in your teachers face...and his 10 uni *****es' faces!

I'll tell him where to stick it :p

We think he's gay (we think that of about 50% of our male profesors) so he might liek it better to put it somewhere else, but details!

Thanks, I feel better on my pronunciation now, excluding most proper names in English, I can pronounce most of them correctly now.
I even know how to say 'gauge'!

I go partying 1 night and everything goes ******** in this post haha

Yeah I had the need to state that I wasnt gay

but I also had to agree how that woman is annoying, and shes probably czech bcoz Russian are sexy when they speak

anyways...

Its Laboratory...>_>

If I ever have classes from mister chocolate voice again, I'll tell him :p

I think she'd be sexier not sounding like an idiot, but that's just me talking XD

I'm going to skip past all the bickering, and just say, I too am Hot for Words.
Thank you very kindly Matthew.
May I take this moment to say there is only one song befitting this young woman:
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5t5GukrWOU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5t5GukrWOU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Latest posts