• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calling feic

None of the ones around me are much to celebrate, Hamilton is really bad on the east and North ends, the electoral district of Hamilton Centre I beleive is the poorest riding per capita in Canada(or is darn close), the parts of town closer to the escarpment and near the University are much better.

St. Catharines is kind of a stangant town most parts are OK but it's not growing and jobs are hard to find. Welland is the exact same only poorer. Niagara Falls is nice in the residential areas but the tourist area is pretty grotty they have done well to make it a little better recently though. Most of the small towns around here are nice and the cities I've mentioned, aren't nearly as bad as some of their American counterparts(or even UK).

My Dad says the worst place he's ever been to by a long way is Glasgow, my Mom has a special place in hell reserved for Winnipeg.

@ Feic you'll have to do a tour of these places when you come over!!! My parents don't think much of Montreal either but it was the first place they lived when they came over and during the time English people weren't very popular. That was also nearly forty years ago.

Last edited:
Hah, very nice. Take Feic to the iffy areas of Canada (as if there are any).
Windsor isn't too bad, just a dying industrial town.
Want to see something Feic? I'll take you to Pontiac and Flint.

Glasgow is apparently a slum.

for me my favorite city is Paris , however there are some very tough parts of town.

Over all Manchester probably...lots of chav

Hah, very nice. Take Feic to the iffy areas of Canada (as if there are any).
Windsor isn't too bad, just a dying industrial town.
Want to see something Feic? I'll take you to Pontiac and Flint.

They sound lovely. It's a date.

I'm optimistic about Montreal. I can't see the French-Canadian ghetto being very threatening.

I can assure you it will be worth the 10 hour drive.
Fun fact, Flint has the highest crime rate in the United States. Much of the land is also polluted due to automobile companies dumping their waste.

Remember, at least in the Canadian ghettos the hospital bills are covered if you get shot.

They sound lovely. It's a date.

I'm optimistic about Montreal. I can't see the French-Canadian ghetto being very threatening.

Only to the arteries, have you ever had poutine?

@ Draggs, Windsor has a lot in common with Hamilton, Welland and St. Catharines they are all just slowly dying industrial towns. There are attempts to diversify which have met with mixed success. Pontiac and Flint I've heard are disgusting, Buffalo isn't much to look at but dosen't have the massive crime problems that Detroit has.

The only real iffy parts of Canada are Native reserves and the odd rough neighbourhoods in towns, the Jane and Finch area in Toronto, some of the dingy parts of Regina and Saskatoon etc. There isn't a single city in Canada that I wouldn't think about driving through in a heart beat but I might detour round a couple of city blocks.

The riverfront area of Windsor is very well done, there are indeed some nice areas.
Detroit is really a mixed bag. Downtown isn't bad; some might think it is risky, but it is like any other big city, just watch out. I really find it to be no worse than much of New York. Some areas of that city are truly dire.
The parts of Detroit that aren't downtown are quite bad. Funnily enough, one of the richest cities in the U.S. is in the general Detroit area; Bloomfield Hills. Think it ranks as the second-higest income per capita.

Pontiac and Flint are like Detroit without the downtown. Both are dead, but unlike Detroit, no border/river/essentially decent centre to save it.

Latest posts