• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Camera work in the SA vs ABS Game

Sparty

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Hiya , sorry a bit off topic but I was wondering if I was the only who seemed to notice poor camera work in the game ? I am not talking about things like a poor pass missed or the TMP try of Mcaaw , I am referring to when a lineout takes place and we missed the actual line out or when they play and the camera is at the wrong angle and you missed what happened ?

IS it just me ? Am I going bonkers lol ? Or was it different ? Maybe that k@k spider cam was the reason

There was a moment when NZ were going to have a scrum or lineout, a reply was shown, then SA magically had the ball in a ruck.

I am in full agreement with you.. I was cursing the TV the entire game, the camera work was all wrong, I mean, they had like eight different angles and they tried to use them all, when all you really need is the close one and the far one.. Like they had a scrum and they did a birds eye view on the scrum, the halfback passed the ball out and the camera stayed on the scrum, when it changed the centres had the ball... The sideline camera, where you could only see the winger, then the ball was passed back inside the field and you couldn't see anything... The silly replays and then when you returned back to the action the ball had shifted hands and the position of the field. The camera would stay on one player's face way too long and play continued.... I hated the camera work..

Keep it simple and it's all good

Yeah it hought it was a bit poor. They over-ued that over head cam too... maybe it was a new toy???

Their choice of replays was a little lop-sided (braces for impact)

Sounds like the BBC pre-schoolers were allowed in the Television trailer again :(

Sorry guys :(

There was a moment when NZ were going to have a scrum or lineout, a reply was shown, then SA magically had the ball in a ruck.

Yes as well as a lineout that we had and when the camera showed the live play the ball was in the ABS hands , I thought I missed something and even rewind on my PVR........HD PVR (ok just had to get that in there lol)

The camera work was crap. A good example at the end, where the director switched camera angles as Nonu made the pass to Dagg for the winning try.

What is with all this switching camera angles. Sometimes you see five or six switches of camera angle in ans many seconds when a try is scored. It really destroys the enjoyment of the moment. Why don't they just stick with the one basic camera angle during the action, and show all the fancy angles in the replays?

Yeah it hought it was a bit poor. They over-ued that over head cam too... maybe it was a new toy???

Their choice of replays was a little lop-sided (braces for impact)
I liked the angles, personally.

Though I think they need to learn HOW to use them.

Yes as well as a lineout that we had and when the camera showed the live play the ball was in the ABS hands , I thought I missed something and even rewind on my PVR........HD PVR (ok just had to get that in there lol)
Show off! :p

Latest posts