• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Campo's International Rugby

I

InsaneAsylum

I used to play this a lot in the 90's

It was a top down sensible soccer type game

did anyone else play it?

it's available as abandonware now so i'm sure you can find it on the net somewhere.

the game was alright for it's time but it had a few bugs if you scored a try deep in the oppositions ingoal it would bring you back and give you a ridiculous angle when trying to convert the try, also when going for a drop the ball could bounce in the field of play, then bounce over the crossbar and it would give you the 3 points.

samoa were known as western samoa and zimbabwe were in the game. i can't remember if sth africa were in it either.

I'm pretty sure i played it on the mega drive but was known as international rugby here in nz, well thats all im aware of

311bzm8.jpg

i remember i used to play it for soo long id get blisters on my thumbs and then rugby world cup 95 came out and it was like wow those graphics are soo realistic, lol

you're right, it was campo's international rugby in australia.

when you won the world cup, campo used to hold up the web ellis trophy... what happened in the non aussie versions?

i really cant remember much about the game other than the bouncing drop goals like you mentioned

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum@Jul 17 2006, 11:43 PM
samoa were known as western samoa and zimbabwe were in the game. i can't remember if sth africa were in it either.
Western Samoa was the official name up until about 2000.

The last time Zimbabwe were in the WC was 1991 (before I was born), therefore I can only assume SA weren't in the game. Their ban from ALL sports was lifted in '92 and by the '95 WC, Zim had lost its sting and the Cote D'ivoire were in! Come '99 it was Namibia's turn...

Just a bit of history.

Latest posts