• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can we all take a moment to laugh at Clive Woodward?

Bugger

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Clive predicted a Wallabys win, now Clive has conjured up a hypothetical team that he thinks could beat the All Blacks, another moment of his hilarious career as a "pundit" - This man is actually blinded by denial and jealousy of this All Black team that he's just being ridiculous.

Also no South African players were picked

Sir Clive Woodward's World XV: Ayume Goromaru (Japan), Santiago Cordero (Argentina), Robbie Henshaw (Ireland), DTH van der Merwe (Canada), Nicolas Sanchez (Argentina), Greig Laidlaw (Scotland), Scott Sio (Australia), Agustin Creevy (Argentina), Ramiro Herrera (Argentina), Alun Wyn Jones (Wales), Leone Nakarawa (Fiji), Mamuka Gorgodze (Georgia), David Pocock (Australia), Sam Warburton (Wales, capt)

You are incredibly embarrassing Clive, no idea how you won 2003, I guess you can thank Martin and Johnny.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/would-this-team-seriously-beat-the-all-blacks-sir-clive-woodward-picks-his-world-xv

Clive predicted a Wallabys win, now Clive has conjured up a hypothetical team that he thinks could beat the All Blacks, another moment of his hilarious career as a "pundit" - This man is actually blinded by denial and jealousy of this All Black team that he's just being ridiculous.

Also no South African players were picked

Sir Clive Woodward's World XV: Ayume Goromaru (Japan), Santiago Cordero (Argentina), Robbie Henshaw (Ireland), DTH van der Merwe (Canada), Nicolas Sanchez (Argentina), Greig Laidlaw (Scotland), Scott Sio (Australia), Agustin Creevy (Argentina), Ramiro Herrera (Argentina), Alun Wyn Jones (Wales), Leone Nakarawa (Fiji), Mamuka Gorgodze (Georgia), David Pocock (Australia), Sam Warburton (Wales, capt)

You are incredibly embarrassing Clive, no idea how you won 2003, I guess you can thank Martin and Johnny.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/would-this-team-seriously-beat-the-all-blacks-sir-clive-woodward-picks-his-world-xv

Probably just a misprint but I notice there are only 14 in the side. Wow that is confident!

What is your problem?

You really think that team would beat the All Blacks? Also no South Africans selected. Its an insult to both teams. Clive is always putting down the ABs and firing shots as well. He's pathetic.

You really think that team would beat the All Blacks? Also no South Africans selected. Its an insult to both teams. Clive is always putting down the ABs and firing shots as well. He's pathetic.

You are a weird kind of person

Brb pundit isn't wanking over All blacks.

Brb getting so butt hurt about it.

Backing Aus whilst a long shot wasn't that far fetched.

Brb pundit isn't wanking over All blacks.

Brb getting so butt hurt about it.

Backing Aus whilst a long shot wasn't that far fetched.

brb he's always wrong

brb this team wouldn't come close

brb he's just butthurt all the time now that he says stupid sh*t all the time

So basically NZ miss the for fun part.

Only difference I would really make would be

8) Thor and Pocock@7

That's standard...no sense of humour. Worse fans than Aussies...winning or losing.

The people who get upset over this stuff are the same as those who took Cips comments about Australians not getting into the English side seriously. Or thought the Hakarena was anything other that a pretty stupid joke.

Some people need to look at the original context of what was said than deliberately skewing it to fit in their own personal view that the English are arrogant nonseces.

Had a thought about no SAffers (no English either mind or French) and I'm actually hard pressed to think of one that stood out in any game.

is this bugger dude serious? i mean a troll can make retarded threads and insult on and on countries and coaches and its cool? wtf

Seriously, this is a non-thread isn't it?

So SCW said something to fill some column inches after everything else has been said and done about RWC 2015. Well so what? He's a pundit now, he's allowed to do that, but no-one has to take this crap seriously.

These days, I just read stuff like that and have a chuckle, same as I do on the rare occasion that I read any of the odd rantings of Stephen Jones or Mark Reason. Certainly nothing to get butt-hurt over.

Chill Bugger, just chill!

well if it didn't consist of dozen people with culture/language barriers as well as never having played together than yes... basically what I'm saying is if u put those ppl together in a club and play them for a year... yea they would. otherwise ofc not.

also I don't think any Boks were the best in their position this time around.

who would you take out from the first team ? Japan, Argentina, Georgia, Cnada. all had some standout talents. If not for massive experience(and depleted wales) boks would't have achieved 3rd place. I mean was there anyone in the boks squad better than DHT ? Don't think so... more effective than Gorgodze or Goromaru or Creevy ? nop even though Du Plessis is class. and Burger/Etzebeth are legends they were way past their prime to keep up with in form players.

who would you take out from the first team ? Japan, Argentina, Georgia, Cnada. all had some standout talents. If not for massive experience(and depleted wales) boks would't have achieved 3rd place. I mean was there anyone in the boks squad better than DHT ? Don't think so... more effective than Gorgodze or Goromaru or Creevy ? nop even though Du Plessis is class. and Burger/Etzebeth are legends they were way past their prime to keep up with in form players.

...Etzebeth just turned 24..

Anyway, this thread is from _Kiwi and is a wind up. Pretty disappointed that yet again 'NZ fans' get the backlash.

I mean was there anyone in the boks squad better than DHT ? Don't think so... more effective than Gorgodze or Goromaru or Creevy ? nop even though Du Plessis is class. and Burger/Etzebeth are legends they were way past their prime to keep up with in form players.

I'm a Canadian who was born in Durban, a huge fan of DTH and have been following his career for 6 years but this is ridiculous.

Guys like De Allende, Louw, Vermeulen, De Jager and Etzebeth were among the best players at their positions during the world cup. And like the poster above me pointed out, Etzebeth is 24 and nowhere near "way past" his prime.

Seriously, this is a non-thread isn't it?

So SCW said something to fill some column inches after everything else has been said and done about RWC 2015. Well so what? He's a pundit now, he's allowed to do that, but no-one has to take this crap seriously.

These days, I just read stuff like that and have a chuckle, same as I do on the rare occasion that I read any of the odd rantings of Stephen Jones or Mark Reason. Certainly nothing to get butt-hurt over.

Chill Bugger, just chill!

Finally some maturity :)

The media during the world cup has really opened my eyes to how they work. They seem to deliberately publish contentious issues in the name of generating clicks which they then use to sell to advertisers, comments sections are also good for attracting traffic to the article.

For instance, I write an article that says "Cheika claims McCaw is a cheat" or "Hansen wont lose sleep over Wallabies" or something similar. People get outraged by the heading and click on the link to read the article where they find that it has nothing to do with the headline and in fact the person didn't actually say anything. Then people just post some inflammatory comment and other people reply to it with other inflammatory comments.

each time someone views the adds on the article, that's money in the newspaper's pocket. so sure Woodward might be full of it, but he's got us all to click on the article and thus do his job of generating revenue. The news isn't the news any more, it's all about making $$$

Why do you think Rattue and Reason write those articles in NZ papers? Click-bait journalism in the name of a few $$$

...Etzebeth just turned 24..

Anyway, this thread is from _Kiwi and is a wind up. Pretty disappointed that yet again 'NZ fans' get the backlash.

ofc I was thinking of Matfield and wrote the name of his replacement for whatever reason.

Finally some maturity :)

The media during the world cup has really opened my eyes to how they work. They seem to deliberately publish contentious issues in the name of generating clicks which they then use to sell to advertisers, comments sections are also good for attracting traffic to the article.

For instance, I write an article that says "Cheika claims McCaw is a cheat" or "Hansen wont lose sleep over Wallabies" or something similar. People get outraged by the heading and click on the link to read the article where they find that it has nothing to do with the headline and in fact the person didn't actually say anything. Then people just post some inflammatory comment and other people reply to it with other inflammatory comments.

each time someone views the adds on the article, that's money in the newspaper's pocket. so sure Woodward might be full of it, but he's got us all to click on the article and thus do his job of generating revenue. The news isn't the news any more, it's all about making $$$

Why do you think Rattue and Reason write those articles in NZ papers? Click-bait journalism in the name of a few $$$

Exactly this!

Latest posts