• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canada vs Russia

Just heard the name Fairhurst on field. Good luck Russia...

EDIT: Lovely offloading along the touch line by Canada for a try

EDIT AGAIN: HOT RUSSIAN LADY!

Last edited:
Yep Monro scored the try ... Canada now lead 22-18 with about 13 minutes to play

... Chauncey O'Toole scores the bonus point try which is unconverted 27-18 with 7 1/2 minutes to play

Last edited:
O'Tool with the worlds simplest interception. And if the world hates wingers diving...

O'Toole - When in England, do as the English (Ashton point and dive :p )

Hopefully Russia bag a try (or more) - wanted them to win, but wouldn't mind a narrow win to Canada

Bugger, another Canada try - thought that Russian player was going to catch him, but no such luck

Last edited:
O'Toole - When in England, do as the English (Ashton point and dive :p )

Hopefully Russia bag a try (or more) - wanted them to win, but wouldn't mind a narrow win to Canada

Nah, Canada to win this one, Tonga to beat the Saxons ... Canada to beat Tonga in the final :p

... Hehe, Canada just scored again and converts 34-18 with a minute to go :D

Full time 34 - 18 ... almost a last minute try to Russia, but number 21 was bundled out

Last edited:
I honestly don't know where this fuss with Fairhurst started.... Morgan Williams is 300x more legendary in Canada IMHO than Ed Fairhurst. Fairhurst won't leave a legacy anything close to Williams'.

Pretty pitiful game from Canadian POV, way too many unforced errors and not clinical enough in executing basically anything. Russia played leagues above our players for most of the game. Hopefully we can fix all that for our next bigger games. Still love to see Canada win anything though. Conor Trainor should have scored that try...2 hands on the ball son, or at least ball in the other hand, damn.

I'd love to see Dala start...I think he's way better than any other 6 we have atm. Cudmore looked alright, a little tired maybe but he had a long season lol. Nigel Owens called a gg too.

The two intercept (well one intercept, one kind of intercept) flattered Canada a bit in the scoreline, but they were the better team in the 2nd half

Russia did look good though, think they'll beat (or at least push close) Italy 'A' on the weekend

Said to the old man that when Ed would come on he would change the game ... looks like he did.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b9iDl1KIOTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To be fair Russia looked decent and under Kingsley Jones they will become a good outfit.

I honestly don't know where this fuss with Fairhurst started.... Morgan Williams is 300x more legendary in Canada IMHO than Ed Fairhurst. Fairhurst won't leave a legacy anything close to Williams'.

Get out!

You obviously didn't see his magical 4 metre run from just outside Russia's 22.

I think I just hate him more because he was Williams' replacement post RWC07 and it just wasn't the same without Morgan there. Granted Ed is tons better than that useless twat White we had at 9 today, awful, slow distribution, got caught all the time, slow passes, didn't get to plenty of breakdowns...

Lol I'm just giving you guys my Canadian POV. When I first got into rugby in 05-06 Morgan Williams was the MAN for Canada Rugby. It still sucks his silly penalty lead to Japan being able to tie us last world cup too... :(

edit - im trying to find a pic when Morgan Williams was rockin a dirty goatee/handlebar stash and compare it to Ed's, you guys would cry.

Pretty pitiful game from Canadian POV, way too many unforced errors and not clinical enough in executing basically anything. Russia played leagues above our players for most of the game. Hopefully we can fix all that for our next bigger games. Still love to see Canada win anything though. Conor Trainor should have scored that try...2 hands on the ball son, or at least ball in the other hand, damn.

I'd love to see Dala start...I think he's way better than any other 6 we have atm. Cudmore looked alright, a little tired maybe but he had a long season lol. Nigel Owens called a gg too.

How dare you take "His" name in vain LOL.

Agreed about the first half some poor errors, perhaps looking past the Russians to the final, White had a brutal game and when "The Great One" entered Canada took control. I thought Cudmore was kind of a non factor worked hard but didn't really add anything. Evans was a mixed bag some brilliant moments and some real sketchy decisions. Monro is still looking good at flyhalf.

I think we will see Canada back to their best lineup for the final and it will be more like the game against Italy "A" and the second half of this game than the first half was.

Here is a highlight package of the Canadian scores, it starts off with a promotion for the Canada vs USA game in Toronto on August 6th (featuring legendary Al Charron), so the higlights start around the 1:00 minute mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows rugby coming along in Canada these days?

The Canadian Rugby Championship thread in the General Northern Hemisphere section has some very high quality posts about the state of the game in Canada, a lot of users hav eplaced some very good disscussion of the game there.

Also here is a much superior highlight package of the game including the Russian scores

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts