• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canada Wolverines, 2013 International Tests.

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
The Canada Wolverines have announced their home and Colonial Cup schedule for 2013(there maybe an opening for some more away games though I would be surprised...). The team has been rapidly moving up the world rankings, and though they will miss out on this years RLWC, they are attempting to get an automatic spot for the 2017 competiition by continuing their ascent of the RLIF rankings. The team moved all the way up to 18th last year which is pretty good for a side that only restarted in 2010, and this years schedule affords some oppourtunites to move up several more spots, though is quite local with the exception of Norway's visit the four other games are against Canada's geographic rivals.

The Schedule (All times EDT)

Canada Wolverines vs. USA Tomahawks
4th Colonial Cup - Game 1
19:00 - Saturday July 6th 2013
Lamport Stadium, Toronto

Canada Wolverines vs. Jamaica Reggae Warriors
3rd Annual Caribbean Carnival Cup
19:00 - Saturday July 20th 2013
Lamport Stadium, Toronto

USA Tomahawks vs. Canada Wolverines
4th Colonial Cup - Game 2
15:00 - Saturday August 24th 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Canada Wolverines vs. USA Tomahawks (changed from Norway Vikings)
4th Colonial Cup - Game 3
19:00 - Saturday September 7th 2013
Lamport Stadium, Toronto

Canada Wolverines vs. USA Tomahawks
4th Colonial Cup - Game 4
19:00 - Saturday September 21st 2013
Lamport Stadium, Toronto

Last edited:
Lineups for the first game of the Colonial Cup...goes tommorow night from Lamport Stadium. Tickets are 10-12 dollars I beleive. Games have been traditionally close between the two though kind of the opposite of Union with the U.S.A. Tomahawks picking up most of the wins. The Tomahawks are currently ranked 12th in the world with the Wolverines in 19th(though climbing rapidly the RLIF rankings take past results of previous years into account, the low ranking is due to the team recently being restarted.)

Canada

Starters

Robin Legault Toronto City Saints
Tony Felix Toronto Centurions
Adam Timler Kelowna Crows
Christian Miller Toronto Centurions
Brett King Oakville Crusaders
Matt Wyles Toronto Centurions
Steve Piatek Toronto Centurions
Eric Moyer Toronto Centurions
Graham Dobbs Oakville Crusaders
Rob Autagavaia Toronto City Saints
Trent Hansen Toronto City Saints
Henry Miers Toronto Centurions
Cam Grace Toronto Centurions

Interchange

Joe Bangay Toronto City Saints
Geoff Bylund Toronto City Saints
Craig Leveridge Oakville Crusaders
Enoch Wamalwa Toronto City Saints

Reserves
Lucas Silver Toronto Centurions
Kenn Waring Toronto Centurions

U.S.A.

Mike Cartwright (New York Knights), Bryan Confer (Aston Bulls), Curtis Cunz (Connecticut Wildcats), Akarika Dawn (Jacksonville Axemen), Kristian Freed (Connecticut Wildcats), Pete Jordan (New York Knights), Andrew Kneisly (Aston Bulls), Vai Notoa (Hawaiian Chiefs), Mark Offerdahl (Connecticut Wildcats), Damien O'Malveney (Southampton Dragons), Craig Priestly (Southampton Dragons), Justin Ripley (New York Knights), Ben Sadgrove (New York Knights), Mike Schachter (Connecticut Wildcats), Dennis Schmeiler (Connecticut Wildcats), Salesi Tongamoa (Connecticut Wildcats), Matt Walsh (Connecticut Wildcats), Taylor Welch (Connecticut Wildcats)

Edit: Huge win for Canada...they were down 20-10 at one point but kicked it into HIGH gear and left the Tomahawks shell shocked to pick up a 36-20 victory...great stuff by the boys.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just registered and this is my first post. I just noticed something odd regarding the schedule of the 2nd game of the 4th Colonial Cup:

According to the USARL website, the USARL Championship Final will ALSO take place in Philadelphia, on the SAME DAY and SAME TIME according to the host, the Philadelphia Fight Rugby League Club (http://www.fightrugby.com/schedule) and at 7 PM according to the USARL website (http://www.usarugbyleague.com/schedule)!

If this schedule is correct, this would mean that the USA Tomahawks vs Canada Wolverines game would COLLIDE with the USARL Championship Final game at exactly the same date & time in Philadelphia, PA.

Now, it would be great if both games were to be played on the same day in the same city, but hopefully spaced out by at least 4-5 hours. That way, Rugby League fans, like myself could attend both games. I just hope there is a mistake in the schedule somewhere in here, since the USARL is a competing Rugby League organization to the AMNRL (which is currently responsible for the USA Tomahawks national team).

Hi,

I just registered and this is my first post. I just noticed something odd regarding the schedule of the 2nd game of the 4th Colonial Cup:

According to the USARL website, the USARL Championship Final will ALSO take place in Philadelphia, on the SAME DAY and SAME TIME according to the host, the Philadelphia Fight Rugby League Club (http://www.fightrugby.com/schedule) and at 7 PM according to the USARL website (http://www.usarugbyleague.com/schedule)!

If this schedule is correct, this would mean that the USA Tomahawks vs Canada Wolverines game would COLLIDE with the USARL Championship Final game at exactly the same date & time in Philadelphia, PA.

Now, it would be great if both games were to be played on the same day in the same city, but hopefully spaced out by at least 4-5 hours. That way, Rugby League fans, like myself could attend both games. I just hope there is a mistake in the schedule somewhere in here, since the USARL is a competing Rugby League organization to the AMNRL (which is currently responsible for the USA Tomahawks national team).

Could be a petty move on one of the organizations perhaps, though if the game is at 7:00 p.m. there may be a couple of hours in between games. It's also at the exact same time as the RWCQ in the Union code between Canada and the States, it's a pretty dumb time to have it on further reflection. Attendance in Toronto was over 7,000 for the 1st round!!!

Canada are playing Jamaica tommorow night at Lamport Stadium....Canada's lineup..

Starters

1 Robin Legault Toronto City Saints
2 Tony Felix Toronto Centurions
3 Adam Timler Kelowna Crows
4 Christian Miller Toronto Centurions
5 Brett King Oakville Crusaders
6 Matt Wyles Toronto Centurions
7 Steve Piatek Toronto Centurions
8 Eric Moyer Toronto Centurions
9 Chis Diamond Oakville Crusaders
10 Rob Autagavaia Toronto City Saints
11 Trent Hansen Toronto City Saints
12 Henry Miers Toronto Centurions
13 Cam Grace Toronto Centurions

Interchange

14 Joe Perez Bangay Toronto City Saints
15 Geoff Bylund Toronto City Saints
16 Craig Leveridge Oakville Crusaders
17 Enoch Wamalwa Toronto City Saints

Reserves

18 Lucas Silver Toronto Centurions
19 Kenn Waring Toronto Centurions

And Jamiaca's side.....

Andre Reid (c), Claude Yen, Jason Gooden, Jermaine Pinnock, Marvin Thompson, Robert Rodney (Duhaney Park Red Sharks) Adrian Mckenzie, Ryan Grant, Stephen Scott, Fabion Turner (GC Foster College) Romaen Campbell (Mico University College), Corey Hanson (Sheffield Eagles), Nathan Campbell (University of Technology), Jakeba Grant (University of the West Indies), Omar Jones, Sandino Hastings (Vauxhall Vultures)

Canada have beaten Jamaica 38-14, a scoreline thats probably a tiny bit harsh on Jamaica(by probably a try I would say). Wolverines move to 2-0 on the year and have a month off before facing the USA, in Philadelphia. Piatek had a great game with the boot(was perfect on conversions, and added a penalty) and is a big pickup for the Wolverines having gotten him to convert from Union and the Ontario Blues side.

The growth of the side once again apparent as Canada are putting a bit of distance on Jamaica who they were fairly even with in 2010. Should be another rise in the rankings due the next time the RLIF updates them.

Congrats to the Wolverines. How many people where in attendance? And where in the great White North has Rugby League its strongest following?

There were 5,188 in attendance, the stronghold of support right now is in Southern Ontario with a small pocket of players in British Columbia. All the tests have been played close to Toronto at the moment and most of the players have come from Ontario, with a few from BC and a couple of token overseas pro's (Louis Robinson and Ruari McGoff are the only two players that play pro or semi pro that are Canada qualified at the moment).

"Adam Timler Kelowna Crows"

A dear and late friend of mine was born and retired to Kelowna and he always said what a wonderful place it is but, unfortunately, I never made it out to see him there................interested to see one of their own is making his international mark................good luck Adam!

"Adam Timler Kelowna Crows"

A dear and late friend of mine was born and retired to Kelowna and he always said what a wonderful place it is but, unfortunately, I never made it out to see him there................interested to see one of their own is making his international mark................good luck Adam!

Kelowna is indeed gorgeous from what I've heard, it's the major wine growing area in BC.

The Wolverines take the field tommorow against the United States 6:00 p.m. EDT in Philadelphia, there has also been an emergency change in opponent on the 7th of September. Norway have apparently bailed and only the United States can fill in on such short notice, it's better than cancelling the test completely but the schedule has now become a little "Colonial Cup" heavy. Hopefully whatever issue it was gets sorted for next year.

Here is the lineup for tommorow..both Canadian overseas players are also available which is a big boost to the side.

Canada Wolverines

Joe Perez Bangay (Toronto City Saints)
Geoff Bylund (Toronto City Saints)
Chris Diamond (Oakville Crusaders)
Graham Dobbs (Oakville Crusaders)
Cory Huybregts (Toronto Centurions)
Brett King (Oakville Crusaders)
Robin Legault (Toronto City Saints)
Don MacKinlay (Toronto Dragons)
Ruairi McGoff (Barrow Raiders)
Henry Miers (Toronto Centurions)
Christian Miller (Toronto Centurions)
Eric Moyer (Toronto Centurions)
Steve Piatek (Toronto Centurions)
Matt Rafaelic (Oakville Crusaders)
Louis Robinson (London Skolars)
Enoch Wamalwa (Toronto City Saints)
Kenn Waring (Toronto Centurions)
Matt Wyles (Captain) (Toronto Centurions)

U.S.A. Tomahawks

Kristian Freed
Louis Tulio
Loto Tagaloa
Vai Notoa
Gareth Gibbs
Luke Collins
Damien O'Malveney
Mike Schachter
Craig Priestly
Salesi Tongamoa
Siose Muilima
Mark Offerdahl
Josh Rice
Les Solia
Matt Walsh
Shane Begin
Curtis Cunz
Wes Haughton

Kelowna is indeed gorgeous from what I've heard, it's the major wine growing area in BC.

Ah................knew there was another reason why I would like to have made it there..........................

Will follow this thread to see how Adam gets on in the future!!

Ah................knew there was another reason why I would like to have made it there..........................

PS your PM box is too full too receive anymore....you need to delete some!

PPS So good I posted twice.....................!!

Last edited:

PS your PM box is too full too receive anymore....you need to delete some!

PPS So good I posted twice.....................!!

Sorry Tony, dudeabides also tried and it was full there is space now....you should come to Niagara if you are in Canada and I can show you my vineyard, I have Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Vidal, Baco Noir(cheap crap LOL), Gewurtztraminer and Sovereign Coronation(Eating grapes, not wine). It is the big region here in Ontario with a smaller area around Prince Edward county and a couple of vineyards on Pelee Island(southern most point in Canada a decent sized island in Lake Erie).

Here is the lineup for tommorow..both Canadian overseas players are also available which is a big boost to the side.

Canada Wolverines

Joe Perez Bangay (Toronto City Saints)
Geoff Bylund (Toronto City Saints)
Chris Diamond (Oakville Crusaders)
Graham Dobbs (Oakville Crusaders)
Cory Huybregts (Toronto Centurions)
Brett King (Oakville Crusaders)
Robin Legault (Toronto City Saints)
Don MacKinlay (Toronto Dragons)
Ruairi McGoff (Barrow Raiders)
Henry Miers (Toronto Centurions)
Christian Miller (Toronto Centurions)
Eric Moyer (Toronto Centurions)
Steve Piatek (Toronto Centurions)
Matt Rafaelic (Oakville Crusaders)
Louis Robinson (London Skolars)
Enoch Wamalwa (Toronto City Saints)
Kenn Waring (Toronto Centurions)
Matt Wyles (Captain) (Toronto Centurions)

Mr. Miller is/(was?) a high school teacher in my area. He coached our union team when I was in Grade 12 a couple years ago. Really great guy, it was too bad he went back to his old school, a few more years and our school could have done really well. Not that I would have been there, but my brother just graduated last year.

Last edited:

Latest posts