• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canadian Gamers

Butterytingz

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Canada
This thread is for us Canucks on this forum who can't wait for RWC 2011 to come out. Since I haven't been able to find any stores here in Ontario that know about this game I want to start this thread so the second I find out EB Games or Blockbuster or WHOEVER is going to stock it I can post it here and hopefully I will make my fellow Canadians happy :D please if any one in Canada has info on where to buy RWC 2011 POST IT HERE! also if you dare to challenge me to a match of RWC 2011 (assuming we get a copy) add me on XBL GAMERTAG IS: Butterytingz

canda ball.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to getting Sidhe's game as well for all the club action, it is unfortunate the licensing is a bit of a hodgepodge this year but hopefully we will see two great games.

at first I thought Rugby challenge was going to be better cause of the all blacks and wallabies and insane customization but after playing rugby 08 I dont think Sidhe stands a chance. i still want both games though! hopefully we will get some news soon on where to buy them

BUMP: Just trying to up this thread in case any Canadians or Americans have solid info about north american distribution.

I would like to know aswell. If is not going to be released in North America, or it is released later I would just order from over seas, the ps3 version though because there is no region lock issues, I have already done this for Rugby League live for PS3.
Cheer and Salud

I talked to a guy at EB games and he said it is not going to be released here in North America but that if we did purchase it from overseas it would work with our systems if our consoles were hooked up with a HDMI cable. It will not work with a componet cable hook up as Europe and Australia/NZ are different hooks ups

so i can play PAL games on my NTSC console because i use an HDMI cord?

Not sure about XBL. PS3 games are region free meaning I could use the games as long as I do use a HDMI cable. Component cables are where the trouble is with NTSC/PAL systemsGoogle it for further explanation

I talked to a guy at EB games and he said it is not going to be released here in North America
If I am not much mistaken, one of the developing partners is Canadian, which would make it insane that it wouldn't go on general sale here ..... I am so hoping it does or else I will be buying on a trip home to England in the Fall.

Very exciting news! I have yet to find a retailer who has it on their database of future releases

Thanks for the update Buttertingz,
I'm sure it will be available in some form here, the rugby canada link is a good sign to me that the team may also be licensed with the real players.

I wouldn't worry about it not being on a retailers database Canadian retailers are pretty incompetent, overcharge for products and generally get away with stuff that they wouldn't in the more competitive American market. eg. We are still being gouged at the exchange rate, and none of these crooks have passed their HST savings on to us the consumers as they and the proviincial goverments claimed they would.

Thanks for the update Buttertingz,
I'm sure it will be available in some form here, the rugby canada link is a good sign to me that the team may also be licensed with the real players.

If you watch the trailer you can see Canada at least twice and they are wearing their official World Cup jerseys. I'm almost 100% sure the real players names will be used but I dont know how good player likeness will be

ps the jersey I am referring to is this one:
canada4.jpg

As long as the names are there I am fine, I'm sure things like Height and weight should be correct, it would nice to see Cudmore, DTH, O"toole and maybe Pritchard looking detailed, but not the end of the world if the likenesses aren't that great.

As for a squad rating since Italy has been revealed as a 73, I would guess Canada is somewhere from 60-66.

Im pretty sure they used the IRB standings to make the team ratings because on IRB.com Italy has a rating of 73. if this is true for all teams then Canada will be 69

Latest posts