• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury 2009 jersey

Tinus

Academy Player
Country Flag
Netherlands
Hello,

First of all, I'm a dutch rugby fan and new on this forum. So if I post something wrong, don't blame me.

Some years ago I made a New Zealand trip and saw the Canterbury team play in the Air New Zealand Cup. Now, some years later, I'm looking for the jersey of this Canterbury team. I think it's a Canterbury of NZ jersey (not the KooGa kit they use now).

Does anybody know where I can find one of those red and black striped jersey?

Thanks!

Try lovelrugby.co.Uk mate.
In the section ITM they have some shirts otherwise use the canterbury rugby site.

im afraid you might have a misson on your hands, Canterbury only wore "Canterbury" for one season or at most two (ironic i know, even more so considering its the best jersey they ever had) and so there just arent that many of them out there being canterbury also causes problems when searching on line (as im sure you have found out) as all teams with canterbury made jerseys come up!

good luck, you might need to find an actual store with some old stock or maybe contact CCC and ask what they do with old stock

I've been looking for a 2009 Sharks shirt (also Canterbury) for almost 2 years now but I haven't found a single one...

They do sell them sometimes on E-bay.
It's just a matter of having a wee bit of luck.

Thank you guys! Think I'm gonna try to contact CCC for this jersey. Don't expect much, but I's worth an attempt.

Does anybody have a clue about the sizes of rugby jerseys. Are they really tight or more or less the same as regular socces shirts?

Bye the way, Bates, awfull new Super 15 jerseys. Highlanders and Chiefs just hurt your eyes!

If they're the onfield replicas (the ones that cost about £90 a shirt) then they're just normal tshirt size, maybe even running a little no the large size (I wear a medium tshirt, but all of my rugby Jerseys are in Small, and all fit the same as normal medium shirts)

A little tighter than football shirts because of the model of the shirt. I usually wear a Medium but with rugby shirts I pick Large

Thank you guys! Think I'm gonna try to contact CCC for this jersey. Don't expect much, but I's worth an attempt.

Does anybody have a clue about the sizes of rugby jerseys. Are they really tight or more or less the same as regular socces shirts?

Bye the way, Bates, awfull new Super 15 jerseys. Highlanders and Chiefs just hurt your eyes!

I didn't design them mate, altho the Chiefs jerseys look the most tempting. :)

Haha, two completely different answers! Well, I'm not that good in shape that a very tight fit would be recommended ;-). I'm used to wear small or medium sized shirts, so I think I'll stay with medium.

Still no reaction from Canterbury. But now I think of it....it's very early in the morning in NZ.

i have the same design CCC jersey (otago though) in a small and its a little snug and a medium Umbro football shirt that fits fine so would say they are pretty similar, most grown men (unless fit) would be at least a medium in that deisgn i think, fine around the shoulders but tapers a bit around the waist (beer gut).

i thought ours (highlanders) was one of the least offensive, pretty much just blue and the Chiefs may be the loudest but i thought it was the best, at least it is different to all the others.

To go off topic: Blues one ( prefer the one they had in 2008), Crusaders ( nothing special), Hurricanes ( nothing special), Highlanders ( a nice jersey), Chiefs (well typically Chiefs)

I have the home and away 2009 Southland jerseys and I have them in an XL, I'm quiet tall and it fits really well.

So, I got a reply from CCC. They say they still have some jerseys. But only S and XL. They didn't say what the shirts cost, hopefully I know that tomorrow. I think an S sized shirt is a little to tight. I'n 1,73 m tall but not completely in shape (Got some marks of good beer and food around the waist!). If the price is not that bad, I think I'll order an S.

Maybe there's some hopes for your Sharks jersey too Ezequiel!

good work!

fingers crossed they will be happy to off load it and so do you a good deal

Last edited:

Latest posts