• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury vs. Hawkes Bay

N

nam97

My summary so far:

Ellis knocks on close to his own try line.
Ellis misses tackle on Karl Lowe allowing him to score.
Ellis misses another tackle on Karl Lowe who scores again.
Ellis knocks on and butchers a certain overlap try for Canterbury.

Colin Slade is playing awesome, too bad his goal kicking is kak.

Tim Bateman is playing awesome also.

Karl Lowe is a monster and should be playing Super 14 next season.

In conclusion:

Ellis is a joke and should never ever play international Rugby again and the Crusaders should seriously consider finding a new halfback for next year. Even I'd do a better job than this chump, he's so painfully average. How can anyone say he deserves a spot in the All Blacks?

Yay! Ellis is off, looks like I won't be losing any more hair tonight then...

Tyson Keats should have started in the first place...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 18 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In conclusion:

Ellis is a joke and should never ever play international Rugby again and the Crusaders should seriously consider finding a new halfback for next year. Even I'd do a better job than this chump, he's so painfully average. How can anyone say he deserves a spot in the All Blacks?[/b]
Gee I think 80% of New Zealand have been screaming the same thing all year lol!

Ellis was great in his rookie year...but then he got bustled by the new ELVs with the ruck having more of a contest and forwards putting pressure on him. He has not adjusted his game and gets sacked all the time when he touches the ball. He needs a year to get his crap together outside of the All Blacks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 18 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 18 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In conclusion:

Ellis is a joke and should never ever play international Rugby again and the Crusaders should seriously consider finding a new halfback for next year. Even I'd do a better job than this chump, he's so painfully average. How can anyone say he deserves a spot in the All Blacks?[/b]
[/b][/quote]

You might be right, but his name always comes up when All Black teams are discussed. It's like he's just an automatic inclusion. He's never really criticized also... maybe I'm wrong though, I've stopped watching Rugby shows like ReUnion and never listen to Radio Sport these days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 18 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 18 2008, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 18 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In conclusion:

[/b][/quote]

You might be right, but his name always comes up when All Black teams are discussed. It's like he's just an automatic inclusion. He's never really criticized also... maybe I'm wrong though, I've stopped watching Rugby shows like ReUnion and never listen to Radio Sport these days.
[/b][/quote]

Ellis looked really sharp in his rookie year. I think the selectors saw "potential" to grow regarding his game. However they should let his potential develop outside the All Blacks and only put him in if he is good enough...which clearly this year...HE IS NOT!

During the 3N...Cowan and Weepu were the guys who anchored the pack in their last two games with stability. It was good for the All Blacks that Ellis got injured.

Was 14-14 but as is always the case the Red team score two quick last quarter tries within 5 minutes.....28-14 with 15 minutes to go.

31 - 21 final score. Great game from Colin Slade who was awarded man of the match.

I hope Laulala isn't badly injured, he came off towards the end but not sure what was wrong with him.

was a great game... the magpies gave it to the cantabs, when i think most people thought they would run away with the game.

Btw competely agree with you's on Ellis... maybe its the fact that he's from canterbury that people... wait no, the coaches think he's good... like some stereotype thing that all cantab halfbacks are good enough for the AB's and also just because he's played outside Carter.

Latest posts