• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff after dark

Not quite as... charming as I thought it might be.

Still, better than Glasgae on a good day, after rubbish collection that is.

Did you take these out of interest or just come across them?
Feels a bit odd to be looking at them, just seems to portray a Cardiff that's a bit alien to me compared to the Cardiff that I know and love. Doesn't help that the vast majority of the photos have been taken in only one small part of Cardiff, and if I'm on a night out there I won't spend that much time in the bars and clubs in that bit. The photographer has kinda focused on the scummier aspects of a night out too(aspects which you see in most UK cities) and a fair few of the pictures come from outside some of Cardiffs seedier bars. Still do see plenty of the utterly smashed when you're out and about there! Seems that a lot of these pictures were taken while I've been living in Swansea too.
I actually recognise a few people in the album though, one or two from my old school and a few from my old rugby team as well.

From what my friend from Cardiff has told me over the years, this pretty much nails it. Interesting to actually see these, good find.

Did you take these out of interest or just come across them?
Feels a bit odd to be looking at them, just seems to portray a Cardiff that's a bit alien to me compared to the Cardiff that I know and love. Doesn't help that the vast majority of the photos have been taken in only one small part of Cardiff, and if I'm on a night out there I won't spend that much time in the bars and clubs in that bit. The photographer has kinda focused on the scummier aspects of a night out too(aspects which you see in most UK cities) and a fair few of the pictures come from outside some of Cardiffs seedier bars. Still do see plenty of the utterly smashed when you're out and about there! Seems that a lot of these pictures were taken while I've been living in Swansea too.
I actually recognise a few people in the album though, one or two from my old school and a few from my old rugby team as well.
Small world! Hehe.

These were taken by a Polish guy over a period of 5 years. I think the Daily Mail used them to drum up outrage at our "misguided yoof", but I think they're good. Nobody committing crime, a bit too much vomit, some pantie shots. That bird getting her thigh autographed is tasty. And I think they found the corpse of Amy Winehouse lying on the ground next to the overflowing litter bin.

Ive only seen Cardiff around a rugby match or two, and those pictures pretty much nail it.

Having said that, I havent been in Dublin city for a night out in a long time, but I'm sure if I had a camera I could get similar pictures (but better lookin women of course).

article-2040260-0DDE4B8400000578-703_470x657.jpg

article-2040260-0DDE42A000000578-974_964x640.jpg

Most of those photos could be any Irish town on a saturday night ...don't know whether its sad or wonderful but my performance last night on Arthurs day is not something I want to replicate :p

I want to know what got the attention of the dress/railings dude?

Sadly he's either seen something move in the Prince of Wales, McDonalds has just had a clear out sale or something is kicking off foodwise down Chippy Lane :lol:

So hands up who had a Guinness yestereve

Only had Guinness once, downed a pint in 1 on my way to being crowned Southampton Solent University Sport Writers First Years Pub Golf Champion 2007.
Was, worryingly, the high point of my 2 years at Uni

Latest posts