• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues 40 - 10 Gloucester

T

Thingimubob

I wen't to see the Cardiff Blues take on Gloucester in their final warm up game before their first Magners League game. Game was delayed because Gloucester's bus was held up by bank holiday traffic, so the game kicked off at 5:20pm instead of 2:30pm. Cardiff started well with a try from hooker Gareth 'Lightning' Williams, Gloucester hit back when Ryan Lamb intercepted a pass and wen't in unapposed under the posts. He then proceeded to kick over a penalty, which gave Gloucester a 7 - 10 lead at half time.
After the break, the Blues looked dangerous, but couldn't quite finish off their moves. But finally, substitue Daffydd Hewitt cut past teh defence and thrpigh tackles to score. Nick MacLeod scored a superb individual try witha grubber and chase from 60 metres out. The Blues scored three more tries from Rhys Williams, Mark Lewis and Ben White to give them a 40 - 10 win.
I was surprised, as I expected Gloucester to give Cardiff a bit of a pasteing, but there we go, good things come to those who wait. Gloucester's new rugby league start Lesley 'The Volcano' Vainikolo looked a bit lost for much of the match, which certainly means he's gonna need more practice at Rugby Union before he shows a form similar to his with the Bradford Bulls.

Latest posts