Thingimubob

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16167359.stm

F
inally... Still think that a the loss of spectators is down to the new Stadium, so think this would be a great move. Don't get me wrong, Cardiff City Stadium is a good, modern stadium, but it's 1) a football stadium, not really suited for a rugby atmosphere, and 2) it's in a an awkward place to get to, especially when compared to the Arms Park, which is slap bang in the middle of the city center. I'd definitely start going to matches again if they move any of their upcoming fixtures there, I really miss the terrace atmosphere.

I wish they'd done this last year, the Arms Park is a cracking little arena. Very much unlike the soccer stadium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16167359.stm

F
inally... Still think that a the loss of spectators is down to the new Stadium, so think this would be a great move. Don't get me wrong, Cardiff City Stadium is a good, modern stadium, but it's 1) a football stadium, not really suited for a rugby atmosphere, and 2) it's in a an awkward place to get to, especially when compared to the Arms Park, which is slap bang in the middle of the city center. I'd definitely start going to matches again if they move any of their upcoming fixtures there, I really miss the terrace atmosphere.

Blues have a 20 year deal at the football stadium so be interesting to know how they will get out of it. I think the move back will be better, if they can develop the pitch and the stadium itself, it will benefit the Blues as the stadium is so close to the town center which will mean they are likely to attract more people to a game.

Hope they do this, the atmosphere would be so much better. Nothing worse than a huge empty stadium, I don't know how Edinburgh do it, or Ospreys for that matter.

If they do move back it would certainly need some renovating.
I hope it happens, the location is so much better than out in Leckwith.

If this goes ahead, hopefully they could finally finish Millennium and fix Glanmor's Gap.

It appears that everyone seems very eager to get back to the Arms park. On other forums Cardiff fans, and like myself non Cardiff fans, would sell their oldest to get back.

Great wee ground I use to look forward to Ulster playing there, always came across so good on T.V. However when I came over they had already moved to Murryfield, sorry CCS.

I watched the Blues London Irish game there and it was so boring. Waste of time really. They need to get back to a rugby ground ASAP and get the Welsh punters through the gate again.

Shame they didn't use the money the money they spent on the CCS on the Arms park. A few redeveloped stands, maybe new ones. New clubhouse and changing rooms would of made in the Arms park the envy of Wales.

If they move back it would be nice tbh. The Arms park would need renovating if they did.. but again it would be nice if the millenium could be "finished" in the sense of making it a true bowl stadium.. But that would mean the Arms park going? unless they build a new "rugby" stadium but don't know where that can really go thats close to the centre of the city.. :/

If they move back it would be nice tbh. The Arms park would need renovating if they did.. but again it would be nice if the millenium could be "finished" in the sense of making it a true bowl stadium.. But that would mean the Arms park going? unless they build a new "rugby" stadium but don't know where that can really go thats close to the centre of the city.. :/

There was plans ... a while back.

1. To knock down the stand attached to the MS and re-build it to add an additional 15,000 seats into the MS and then re-build the stand.
2. To knock down the Arms Park and re-develop the MS.

Be interesting to see what will happen.

You'd imagine that it's only a matter of time before they move back on a permanent basis now.

From what I hear Cardiff City are looking rid of the Blues. Couple this with the fact that many Blues fans want a return to the Arms Park and that the regions are failing, money wise, this could be the toe in the water before the dive! Something they should have done with the CCS.

Think I may go on Friday night, but Ulster are beating the Dragons as well, so I'm not to sure.

FYI There is a programme on tonight (Tuesday 7) at 10.35 on BBC2 Wales about the regions, should be really interesting tele. Or on Iplayer, if you miss it.

Stay at CCS for another season and redevelop CAP (it needs it).
How professional rugby isn't played at CAP I'll never know. One of the best locations for a stadium on the planet.

They have a huge 20 year deal with the new stadium so it may cost a fair bit to get them out of it, the problem for the poor crowds at the Welsh regions are they are pricing the fans out of the games, common sense should previl, lower the ticket prices what is it about £25 a ticket to see the Ospreys play if they charge around £10 - £12 a ticket more people would go to the games, they would take younger fans to games, by the time they buy food and programmes etc, the money reduced from the inflated ticket prices would mainly be paid back, and the atmophere would be twice as good.

I believe the main reason why teams are struggling to fill the stadiums is the price of tickets, they are charging much the same as the football teams that also play at the stadiums and they need to realise this is not premier league football with over inflated price on everything.

Also the poor standard recently of the regions is keeping fans away on top of that after speaking to people around where I live they dont support the Ospreys because they are Neath fans and their biggest rivals are Swansea.

Is £25 the cheapest ticket for a league match? I go to Leinster games on a pretty regular basis and you can pick up a ticket for €20 if you don't mind sitting behind the goal.

Is £25 the cheapest ticket for a league match? I go to Leinster games on a pretty regular basis and you can pick up a ticket for €20 if you don't mind sitting behind the goal.

Just looked at their prices and top price is £28 for the main seats the class b seats are £24 and the c class seats are £20 still over priced in my opinion especially as most of the players are missing due to the six nations.

Same with the Blues they have two prices £25 and £22 per tickets the standard of rugby dont warrant the prices being charged.

Last edited:
What a rip off. The marketing and pricing people really need to have a hard look at themselves

Wow... Last time I went to the Arms park to watch the blues (was around 05-06 mind you) I paid £10 for a ticket in the terrace on the side closest to the MS (cant remember stand name)

I absolutely love the Arms Park. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing nor biggest stadium in the world, but by god does it provide a good atmosphere, and entertainment.

They should move there permanently, and if they progress further in the big comps and hold big games, just take them to the Stade de Millenium Stadium. However, this will not happen. God I hope Cardiff city fold.

Like I said all ready, my understanding is that City are looking rid of the Blues. So getting out of that contract shouldn't be a huge issue.

The Blues should have redeveloped the Arms Park instead of investing into the CCS. But lessons have been learnt and it's time to pick themselves up and move on. If they can redevelop the Arms Park and your right adjust their ticket pricing (as a student I have been lucky) and fans will come back. 12-15k a week just wouldn't make a cracking atmosphere but a sustainable club.

Latest posts