• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues to return to Arms Park

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
The Cardiff Blues will return to the Cardiff Arms Park for the 2012-13 season.
The Blues moved to the Cardiff City Stadium in the summer of 2009 but returned to their spiritual home for two matches this term - against Ulster and Connacht. Supporters of the side have since called for a permanent return to the Arms Park and following discussions with various stakeholders, the Blues' CEO Richard Holland has negotiated a release from their deal with the City Stadium.

ESPNScrum

Beat me too it. Cracking news as a travelling supporter too, the Cardiff City stadium is soul-less, atmosphere-deprived bowel of misery.

Some sense being at last seen at the Blues. Now to offer reasonable price tickets to get good crowds in.

Definitely makes sense to move back. But this still doesn't change the fact that their move to CCS has been a complete farce. They now return to the CAP, which is certainly an improvement atmosphere and location wise, but it's still a bit of a crumbling wreck, which is only going to deteriorate further. The sensible thing all along would have been to utilise CCS on a temporary basis while CAP was redeveloped in a similar way that the Dragons are redeveloping Rodney Parade. Instead that's three years down the pan with less than nothing to show for it.

Definitely makes sense to move back. But this still doesn't change the fact that their move to CCS has been a complete farce. They now return to the CAP, which is certainly an improvement atmosphere and location wise, but it's still a bit of a crumbling wreck, which is only going to deteriorate further. The sensible thing all along would have been to utilise CCS on a temporary basis while CAP was redeveloped in a similar way that the Dragons are redeveloping Rodney Parade. Instead that's three years down the pan with less than nothing to show for it.
Totally agree. I hope they still redevelop Millennium, the gap looks so out of place. I think that with the Blues moving back, we will see some redevelopment.

Totally agree. I hope they still redevelop Millennium, the gap looks so out of place. I think that with the Blues moving back, we will see some redevelopment.

CAP will have to be re-developed at some stage. It looks like CCS will still be available to the Blues on occasion, so they could move some games back there if/when redevelopment goes ahead, because I'd hazard a guess that completing the Millenium would take more than a Summer's work to complete. The Blues have no money available though, so it would need funding by the WRU and possibly Cardiff Council to go ahead. Fans might be more prepared to travel to CCS if they knew it was a temporary thing while the CAP was redeveloped.

Whilst its a move in the right direction, they still need to spend a fair amount of cash to redevelop the stadium, on top of that they need to redevelop the squad after losing most of it, on top of that teh coaches need sorting out as they proved they are not good enough last season yes Phil Davies will do well I hope thats another step in the right direction, so they have taken two steps in the right direction, now to sort out the main problem thats the way the region is run, thats the biggest problem.

Two small steps taken with CAP and Phil Davies now to sort the other 4 or 5 problems out and we may just be able to challenge again.

Latest posts