Cardiff Blues v Biarritz

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Cardiff.png
Biarritz.png

Cardiff Blues v Biarritz
</div>

The Blues head into this game with a great chance to put 1 foot in the quarter finals as a struggling Biarritz side makes the trip to the Welsh capital. The Blues haven't exactly set the Magners League alite but Biarritz languish towards the bottom of the Top 14 must fill the Blues with even more confidence.

Last week's thrashing should be the wake up call the Blues need and with the return of the internationals there should be a point to prove.

For Biarritz progressing in Europe looks like being the only means of getting back into the competition next year so motivation isn't exactly going to be a problem for them either.

One of the more interesting matches this weekend and certainly one of the hardest to call.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 5 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry about that :unsure:[/b]

Better safe than sorry.

Slow start to this one, not much action, understandable with the importance on the outcome for both sides.

Really got on my gander by sliding over for the try getting up and running for the posts, Gareth Williams legitimately goes for the tackle, hitting his legs before he puts it down. Traille grounds and then does a somersault and rolls around clutching his face.
What a nob.

right I've got this match now, I just thought you were ****** with him for the try, bit of a tool for acting like that, it's slowly but surely creeping its way into rugby.

I hope so too to be honest, it's pathetic.

Back to the match, if ever there was a lesson for the Scarlets in how to finish a half of rugby then there you have it from the Blues, right option in taking the drop.

9-10 half time.

again the right option in taking the drop from Robinson, Biarritz defence comfortably handling what the Blues were throwing at them so right choice.

15-10.

Oh holy mother I hope this game isn't decided on the outcome of that drop cause it clearly looked over from what I saw, not sure how the video ref could say it was inconclusive

well then I'd guess the Blues would have preferred to see the drop given now as Peyrelongue comes through for the try.

Incredible, How can the video referee can refuse this drop ????

Response with a try from Peyrelongue !!

I think Biarritz would accept the decision of the ref given they scored the try pretty much off the drop out.

Blair is certainly earning his crust tonight. Not the easiest penalty kick

18-17

Latest posts