• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Cardiff.png
Glasgow.png

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors</div>

Right back into domestic action for these sides, certainly contrasting form for the Blues compared to their European form, they'll be looking to set that right cause as it stands qualification for next year may have to come via the playoff route, which could be even more difficult if they're missing key players on Lions duty.

The Blues will be without Gethin Jenkins, Andy Powell, Martyn Williams, Jamie Roberts, Tom Shanklin and Leigh Halfpenny who will all remain with the national squad.

Mark McMillan returns for Glasgow after his knee surgery, Ruaridh Jackson will partner Nunez Piossek in the centre, following his appearance for the A side last week while substitute prop in Paris, Murray Low will also start.

Was 28-0 to Glasgow the last time the 2 sides met so the Blues will be keen to put down a marker

Cardiff Blues: 15: Ben Blair, 14: Gareth Thomas, 13: Jamie Robinson, 12: Dafydd Hewitt, 11: Tom James, 10: Ceri Sweeney, 9: Jason Spice, 1: John Yapp, 2: Gareth Williams, 3: Taufa’ao Filise, 4: Bradley Davies, 5: Paul ***o ©, 6: Maama Molitika, 7: Robin Sowden Taylor, 8: Xavier Rush

Replacements:
16: Gary Powell, 17: Ross Johnson, 18: Deiniol Jones, 19: Ben White, 20: Richie Rees, 21: Nicky Robinson, 22: Richard Mustoe

Glasgow: Warriors: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Hefin O’Hare, 13 Jose Maria Nunez Piossek, 12 Ruaridh Jackson, 11 Colin Shaw, 10 Dan Parks, 9 Mark McMillan, 1 Justin Va’a, 2 Dougie Hall, 3 Moray Low, 4 Dan Turner, 5 Alastair Kellock CAPTAIN, 6 Stevie Swindall, 7 Kelly Brown, 8 Johnnie Beattie

Replacements
16 Fergus Thomson, 17 Ed Kalman, 18 Opeta Palepoi, 19 Calum Forrester, 20 Colin Gregor, 21 Chris Kinloch, 22 Peter Horne

Im a big fan of Dafydd Hewitt. Hes put in some very good first team performances for Cardiff in bigger games than this. I think its quite an explosive set of centres dai has gone for here.

I think mustoe will see some game time aswell as his form, when he gets game time of course, has also been very good.

As I said with the scarlets game, it has the potential to be an open game so I hope to see some fast running rugby tonight...

As long as Spice and Sweeny dicatate the game this should be 4 points.

should be more than 4 now given there's 3 tries already in the bag at the break.

Spice will no doubt feel like a bit of a clown after that one, nice offload though for Jackson.

that must have been some team talk from Glasgow, in fairness their tries have been fortuitous though.

looked like a try on first glance and it's given. Bonus point now for the Blues.

goodness it's hard enough to beat the Blues at the best of time but to gift them 30 points is absolutely ridiculous, well not quite 30 as they miss the kick.

that could well have been the bonus point for Glasgow had O'Hare managed to hold onto Parks restart.

and they do get the bonus, lovely break from the sub scrum half, credit to them for keeping going to the death but they've really been the architect of their own downfall tonight.

The first half was excellent, but the second was a rather tame affair. Tickets were going for £20 for this game! Bugger that!
Stand-out performers - Rush, James, Hewitt and Robinson with my MOTM going to Daf Hewitt.
Stand-out *** - Jason Spice

yeah they definitely went to sleep at the start of the second half, Glasgow gifted plenty of points but so did Cardiff in the second half.

Dont worry with Dwayne Peel / Cooper on his way end of season we will at last have a decent scrum half since Howley

Thought this was a good game. Xavier Rush had a great first half, shame he didn't play in the second. Glasgow would be a better team with Rory Jackson at 10 and Dan Parks on the bench. He didn't have a bad game tonight by his standards and showed some nice touches but he is still not up to it IMO.

Yeah, I thought that Ruarhfufhreduneqqooejoqjnz,nkzihxhfiseh Jackson looked promising and had a decent game tonight.
One question.... Exactly how many Scots have been knocked out on a rugby pitch in the last fortnight?! :p

Actually, after looking at his name on paper, how is Ruaridh pronounced? If it was as gaeilge I would guess Rua-Ree?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 21 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually, after looking at his name on paper, how is Ruaridh pronounced? If it was as gaeilge I would guess Rua-Ree?[/b]

I didn't think there was any difference in pronunciation between Rory and Ruaridh, maybe slightly more emphasis on the u sound as opposed to the o.

Latest posts