• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Harlequins

Try for the Blues.

Anybody knows what happened to Camacho? I just hope he didn't get injured!

After several phases, and 2 metres away from the ingoal, Mike Brown knocked on the ball. Bad luck.

On another note, So'oialo is making very bad decisions. He makes the Quins go backwards. Outstanding defense by the Blues!

Cardiff take thje bonus point away from Quinns with a last second try from Halfpenny.

quality defensive effort from the Blues, nicely finished off at the end with Halfpenny's try.

BRILLAINT try from Halfpenny with two mintues to go.

Final score: Blues 20-6 Quins

The backrow is going to be really hard for Warren Gatland, Powell and Warbutton where immense, as was Rush, plus Llydiate, Ryan and Beerman also playing really well.

Cardiff Blues are begining to look like their old selves.

Only saw the second half of the match, but well played by the blues.
Great defense under pressure for the last 15ish minutes, then to get that last minute try as well, pure class

The Blues' backrow was incredibly impressive, I liked Powell's performance in particular -- he seemed to be everywhere on the pitch! Great turnovers and defense in general. The Quins ran dry of ideas in the last phases. They'd be 2 metres away from the ingoal, and all of a sudden... pass the ball over to the backs, without having set a play or something alike. :mellow:

Good, interesting game.

Blues look dangerous when the passes stick, and strong defence. Did Powell get that final turnover under the posts? Good skill from Halfpenny - great to see him back.

Quins can turn up the pressure, but they're not sharp enough. Don't like their scrumhalf.

I thought Warberton was awesome today. He did so much hard work, so many tackles, and turned the ball over numerous times. On top of all that, he also made a couple of very nice breaks in midfield. He would have been my man of the match, although Rush was also immense today.

I'm so glad to say this, San Norton-Knight was good. After his first touch, out on the full after being passed back into the 22, I was worried he was gonna have another shoker. He turned it around though, and did almost everything else well for the rest of the match. He showed great composure for the Blues first try, calmly looked for support when he realised he didn't have the legs. It made such a huge difference to the Blues game.

Hopefully this has now kick started the Blues season, and they'll go from strength to strength now. An away win against Sale next week? Wouldn't bet against it.

Warburton, Rush, Blair, Roberts, G Williams and Deiniel Jones, when he came on, were all outstanding. Shanklin and Halfpenny also had good games; the latter has a very useful kicking game and it's a shame he didn't succeed in his two very close attempts. Powell had an okay game, especially defending at the death, but he fell off the tackle too many times.

Good win for Cardiff. Hopefully this will inspire some confidence in them, because an on-form Cardiff side have every chance to win this pool.

I though Robshaw, Skinner and Guest all had superb games and look like an awesome combination. Them plus Hodgson and Kennedy for Irish have been the stand out English players so far in the competition.

Cardiff deserved the match simply because of their defense, Quins will definately prove to be no pushovers this year.

Well I am pleasantly surprised. That was a big effort from the backrow today, fantastic defense. Warburton had a massive game, really powerful going forward and looking for the offload. Taking the bonus point away from quins was so important as this pool is going to be really tight.

A good time for things to come together a little bit.

Thought Cardiff deserved the win although I missed the last 20 minutes thanks to sky cutting off my sports package by mistake,,,,

This pool is going to be about winning your home games and trying to sneak a couple of away victories!!! Big game for Quins next Sat!!

Good win for the Blues but it could have been at quite a cost. The injury list is now looking significant.

The Blues' injury list must comprise of 50% of their first XV or something, and even then it doesn't end. Mind you, Gethin Jenkins should be fit again on Friday. Happy happy!

Happy about Gethin, although I really hope they are not rushing him back...

Second row is the big issue now. ***o and Bradley Davies out, that leaves Scott morgan and Deniol Jones, who are somewhat lightweight as a combination. I hope the pack can front up on Friday!

Is Scott Morgan eaven available? I understood that Deiniol Jones is the only fit second row in their Heineken Cup suqad?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 12 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Scott Morgan eaven available? I understood that Deiniol Jones is the only fit second row in their Heineken Cup suqad?[/b]

I heard this as well, confuses me a little though. How can Dai Young only name 3 Second Rows in a 38 man Squad? Makes no sense to me...

I have no idea actually! Well hopefully the BBC have got it wrong and Scott Morgan is in the squad. Bit stupid if not!

Latest posts