• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Leicester

Feel bad for Tom James an Martyn Williams. Horrible thing to go through. I would have banked on Williams getting his, but there we go..

Not that we needed further proof that the Heineken Cup is the best competition in the world, but there we go, two classics in one weekend.

Hope James isn't too badly affected by his miss. That's something that could damage his career if he dwells on it.
Dupuy shouldn't have been on but them's the breaks. I'm sure Mauger would've been one of the five kickers then, thus making it irrelevant.

And that final miss couldn't have happened to a nicer guy in Williams. Such a bloody shame...

Hilarious. I thought Cardiff were doing a Munster on it, then they come up with two sparkling tries for a dream finish. We were all laughing our heads off. Can't beat cup rugby.

***o was a huge loss. MOM for me was Jordan Crane.

Extra time is crap, given what the players have been through. And penalty kicks is just silly, but there you go. Shouldn't they have guys running out from under the posts?

Tough luck, Cardiff. And Munster miss their date with Leicester destiny. Fark!

Just got back from the game.

Strange way to loose a game that one. Biggest mistake of the day, Tom James taking a kick before Tom Shanklin. We know Tom is temperamental and he was pacing the touchline before his kick looking very nervous. Shanklin would have gotten it I think.

I must say, during the game Cardiff did well to come back, but they were out muscled in the ruck and lineout today. Cardiff need to consider this for thew future, but I think its been a fantastic season and the future is bright for the blues.

Leinster to win the HC.

2 tries in 5 minutes... that's what you get when you put Harry Ellis on the field.

Another epic game. I think Leicester still deserve it, they were dominant in every area and without two stupid sin bins the ending would have been easier for them. Leicester - Leinster, it's gonna be a torture for the frenchs commentators !

Yeh, but if the sin-binned players hadn't committed the offence they did, Cardiff were almost guaranteed tries anyway, so the whole 'but for two yellow cards' argument doesn't work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 3 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2 tries in 5 minutes... that's what you get when you put Harry Ellis on the field.

Another epic game. I think Leicester still deserve it, they were dominant in every area and without two stupid sin bins the ending would have been easier for them. Leicester - Leinster, it's gonna be a torture for the frenchs commentators ![/b]

find an Irish pub and you'll be grand, that's what I'm doing.

As soon as the Leicester fans started singing Swing Low (in MY stadium!!), God's judgement rained down upon them and parity was reached in the form of 2 excellent tries and conversions.
Just a shame they couldn't finish them off :( Cracking day though!!

How fitting that the Magners league throws us Cardiff vs Munster in Arms Park next weekend.

Heartbreaking for Cardiff, no team should have to loose like that. Hopefully it will give them the chip on the shoulder they need for a better run next year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 3 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MOM for me was Jordan Crane.[/b]

Good point, despite sky slobbering everytime Croft did something Crane (and Geordan) were better than him today.

Ahhh jesus so its Leicster vs Leinster. Thats going to be a fooking horrible thread. I can see the arguements caused by typos all over the place.

Hope to jesus we get the tickets we need. I've been to every match so far this year, and while I'll have an exam on the Monday after the final I dont want to miss this. Please got leinster give the final tickets to your season ticket holders. Were the ones who've been there all year!

there should be plenty of Munster fans looking to offload tickets, still though 7500 for each club seems too little to hold back for the finalists, would have thought they go for at least 10 or 15 thousand but given their choice of venue for the Challenge Cup final this is hardly surprising.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 4 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2 tries in 5 minutes... that's what you get when you put Harry Ellis on the field.[/b]
Interested to know why you reckon that.

I reckon Leicester are just flakey, bound to crack at some stage. Leinster should eat them alive.

Latest posts