• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Ospreys

dullonien

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Decent start to this game, unfortunately Clancy being overly picky at the scrum has taken a little shine off the game.

Ospreys looking by far the stronger team so far, but the score is still 3-3 after 20min.

Edit. Halfpenny is a class act, he's almost single-handedly keeping the Blues in this game. Put in a great tackle on Dirksen after a break, then makes a great break, and has kicked two good penalties.

Further edit. Such a pity that Beck was ruled out for this game.

Hamilton's looked good at 8 for the Blues. He was good for the Wales U20 team, so hopefully he can continue to develop and finally give the Blues a little depth there.

First scrum allowed to form by Clancy, and the Blues scrum just disintegrates, this could be a long, long game for the Blues pack.

Last edited:
Fairly scrappy game, but relatively entertaining considering how low scoring it is.
Ryan Jones continuing his great form.

Got it on but not really paying it a lot of attention. Seemed a very typical near-end-of-season game

Ospreys missing Ashley Beck there, because he's often the one that put in a nice pass, or makes a half break to create the try. Doesn't help that Fotuali'i seems intent on slowing everything down at the breakdown.

Edit. What the f**k is Clancy doing? Does he understand how a scrum works? Blues scrum got destroyed, and Clancy awards the next scrum to the Blues!!!!!!! What a tool.

Last edited:
Very nearly a textbook WWE move there!
Good job Dirksen kept hold otherwise it would've been very nasty.

Clancy has turned this game into a farce. The Ospreys players are obviously massively frustrated, and that's Clancy's fault because he's got no clue.

God I feel sorry for Hamilton. Getting his first regional start at the back of that scrum. He's done pretty well, but has had no platform to work with.

Very nearly a textbook WWE move there!
Good job Dirksen kept hold otherwise it would've been very nasty.

Hahaha. Not quite sure what he was doing, but kept hold of him and made sure nothing bad happened. Showed some considerable strength to do what he did though, think it was Hewitt on the receiving end, and he's not a small player.

Edit. Ha, awesome try by Adam Jones. Must have decided that the ref isn't allowing him his dominance in the scrum, so he takes matters into his own hands....

Last edited:
2 quick tries and its pretty much over no. Blues, as per usual, look directionless and just useless. I'd be confident that Bristol could beat the Blues they way theyve been playing.

Clancy has been dire but from the Blues point how Fussell got away with tackling the man in the air and the treatment Hamilton got from a dangerous wipeout from Adam Jones and a few other Ospreys, all came because they were frustrated with Clancy.

From the Ospreys, Clancy has proven again he paints by numbers at the scrum. Can't see how he gave that a wheel to the Blues when the Blues had disbound from the scrum!

How ****ing chuffed are the Blues now that they have someone from Gorey in their panel next year.

As most have said it was pretty exiting despite the first half's lack of scores. Gotta admit, Dirksen is fastly becoming a favourite of mine! The guys a frikin nutjob!!!! Went for the powerbomb and though "Oh woops, may get a hefty ban for this". My housemates were going apes!it when he got nothing for it - guess not landing on his head helped :p

Ryan looked in good form, quite annoyed that I'm gonna be missing next fridays game :( :( So Long Shaney, see you down the Amman Club :D

Latest posts