• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Toulouse

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Cardiff.png
Toulouse.png

Cardiff Blues v Toulouse</div>

So go 6 for 6 in the pool stages and what's your reward? A quarter final, albeit at home, against the 3 time former champions. Scant reward indeed for Dai Young's side.

Fortunately though for the Blues they are at home unlike last season where they were turned over at this stage away to the same opposition.

Toulouse have maintained their lead at the top of the league in France while the Blues have flattered to deceive domestically, Europe has been a different story though, don't think they'll quite have enough to beat Toulouse though who are a massive step up in class to anything faced so far in the pool stages.

C'mon Blues!!!!!!!!

I believe they have a good chance this year, unlike last which was more wishful thinking. Problem is, Tolouse can pull anything out the bag. I hope one of the Welsh regions can make it through, Blues have the best chance.

Definitely ;)

Still think this should have been played in the Arms park, but at least conditions will be perfect. Hopefully should be a good game!

Got a sneaky feeling there will be some controversy in this that will cost the Blues the match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 9 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got a sneaky feeling there will be some controversy in this that will cost the Blues the match.[/b]

Gary Powell with a Zinadine Zidane headbutt for example.

I think it boils down to Cardiff have the ability to beat Toulouse. Everyone is fit (which is very important), and there is a belief in the team that they can win games. Toulouse are a giant outfit who definitely have the ability to put anyone away on their day. Cardiff are going to need a flaweless game.

On paper Toulouse are better, but as a coach said quite recently, this game isnt played on paper, its played on grass.

I fancy Cardiff to win this one. Toulouse have not been at their best this season compared to previous years. Revenge will be in the air for last years defeat and the Welsh lads have nothing to fear from the French. Cardiff 22 Toulouse 18.

Haven't see either of these teams since the 6N.

Cardiff looked like the team to beat, but Toulouse might give it a lash and blow everyone away.

Hoping for Cardiff, because they need a bit of a Munstering later on.

I'd love to see Cardiff win, partly because they're Welsh (nothing against the French fellas but there's just never been a Welsh winner since their formation of the regions). Also because I think they'll make for a better final against Munster/Harlequins/Leinster.

There's not a lot of frenches here :(

I think it will be more difficult for Toulouse because Lecouls, Poux and Millo-Chlusky are out.

For me toulouse's pack is better than Cardiff, with Albacete, Dusautoir and Sowerby who made a great season

!!!

:p

According to walesonline.co.uk - these are the teams!

Cardiff Blues
B Blair; L Halfpenny, T Shanklin, J Roberts, T James; N Robinson, J Spice, G Jenkins, G Williams, T Filise, B Davies, P ***o (capt), M Molitika, X Rush, M Williams. Reps J Yapp, R Thomas, D Jones, A Powell, R Rees, C Sweeney, G Thomas.

Toulouse
M Medard; V Clerc, F Fritz, Y Jauzion, C Heymans, F Michalak, B Kelleher; D Human, W Servat, S Perugini, F Pelous, P Albacete, J Bouilhou, T Dusautoir, S Sowerby,
Reps: A Vernet Basualdo, Y Montes, G Lamboley, Y Nyanga, D Skrela, M Kunavore, C Poitrenaud,

Kunavore was the man who outshone Shanklin last year in France. Thats an impressive Toulouse team!

Most teams Toulouse put out are impressive.
Screw that though, Cardiff will win because they're the only Welsh side who can keep their composure in big-time matches, and home advantage should sway the result in their direction. Toulouse are an awesome side, but it'll be revenge for the Blues this time 'round.

Besides, that Blues' team is equally as impressive.

Surprised to see Deiniol Jones on the bench and Bradley Davies starting. I thought Deiniol was outstanding throughout the pool stages, securing good linout ball and doing the gritty work up front. Bradley Davies has improved this year though, and is turning into another excellent second row (Wales certainly won't be short of second rows in the coming years).

That Blues backline is mouthwatering (as long as Spice provides decent ball). Leigh Halfpenny and Tom James have been on fire, Jamie Roberts is utelised better by the Blues than he was for Wales in the latter stages of the 6 nations and Tom Shanklin is in top form. Ben Blair will be top class as always and Nicky Robinsons playing the best rugby of his career.

Up front Dai Young has gone for the more reliable Xavier Rush over the flashy Powell (I'm sure we'll see Powell at some point though) and it's great to see Martyn Williams back. The Blues pack are good enough to provide a good platform for the backs.

Overall, it's a great Blues side up against a typically awesome Tolouse one. What a game we have in prospect. But I'm backing the Blues to get their own back and proceed to the semi's, they've shown they've got the bottle when it matters this season.

A real come down for Powell, how his stock has fallen. Rush is IMO the better player and a tremendous ball carrier so im sure he wont be missed. The "home" advantage will be crucial plus progression for the Blues may just make them less focused for the EDF cup final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Apr 10 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Surprised to see Deiniol Jones on the bench and Bradley Davies starting. I thought Deiniol was outstanding throughout the pool stages, securing good linout ball and doing the gritty work up front. Bradley Davies has improved this year though, and is turning into another excellent second row (Wales certainly won't be short of second rows in the coming years).[/b]

I think out of all the selection headaches, this one was the hardest one for Dai. Deniol is and always has Mr.Reliable and I do feel for him not to keep his shirt. Bradley really has stepped up the last few months though and is becoming a real presence in the side. I think Dai has gone with the form player and I hope it pays off against a powerful opposite number!

Its nice to see 'neutral' observers backing the team! Its not just my heart telling me we have a really decent chance tomorrow!!

I understand there are still tickets available, can anyone confirm this as its only a short trip on the train for me. Also can you buy tickets on the day as I have done that at Cardiff before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiffblues.com)</div>
Match day ticket sales for the Cardiff Blues versus Toulouse game will be available from a marquee at Gate 3 Millennium Stadium, Westgate Street from 9am.
Cardiff Blues versus Toulouse ticket collections will be available from the Blues Ticket office opposite the Angel Hotel from 9am.[/b]

As Ive mentioned, I think there may be a bit of a que as a fair few people are buying their tickets on the day.

I wish I had the time to go see this one. Stupid uni work is stopping me. Surely they would just open another stand in the MS if they fill the first two? Therefore there's bound to be tickets left. I understand around 30,000 tickets have been sold so far, so add another 5-10 thousand on the gates and it looks like a good crowd, possibly even more than that if Bluemoon is right!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Apr 10 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I understand there are still tickets available, can anyone confirm this as its only a short trip on the train for me. Also can you buy tickets on the day as I have done that at Cardiff before.[/b]

Code:
Heineken cup quarter-final - Millennium Stadium - Saturday 11th April 2009
Cardiff Blues v Toulouse Kick Off 3:30pm

Group booking discounts are available by calling the ticket office on 029 2030 2030 please note that these are not available online.
Location      Adults      Under 16's
Middle Tier      SOLD OUT     SOLD OUT
Lower Tier      £20     £10

HOWEVER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Due to unprecedented demand and having sold almost 29,000 tickets for this Saturdays crunch Heineken Cup clash with Toulouse the Blues will no longer be accepting ticket bookings over the phone or online.
Tickets are still available to purchase in person up until the day of the match. On Good Friday tickets will be available from the Cardiff Blues ticket office portakabin. Match day ticket sales are available from a dedicated ticket marquee at Gate2/3 Millennium Stadium off Westgate Street.

Tickets are still available in the lower tier and are priced at just £20 for adults and £10 for juniors.

Collections are available from the Cardiff Blues ticket office portakabin opposite the Angel Hotel both on Good Friday and Easter Saturday up to the day of the game.

The ticket office will be open for the following hours up until the big match:
Thursday 9th April: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 10th April: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday 11th April: 9:00am – Right up until kick off

Due to an error with postal deliveries all tickets ordered on or after Wednesday 1st April have been put into collections and are available to collect from now up until kick off.

Please be patient while trying to book tickets as demand is so high we expect large queues, especially as kick off approaches on Saturday.[/b]

Just ring to make sure!

3 - 3 after 16 mins. Halfpenny with a penalty on halfway to regain the Blues' lead. 53 metres, no easy feat. Just wide.

Toulouse attacking five metres from the Cardiff line. Scrum-five to Toulouse.
Massive danger area for Cardiff.

Latest posts