• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Toulouse

Blues showed a Munster style streak in them against Tolouse on how to shut a game out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 14 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Blues showed a Munster style streak in them against Tolouse on how to shut a game out.[/b]

Indeed, Martin Williams was very effective in this and managed to get caught once only. Very good performance.

Fantastic result for Cardiff!

Showed maturity and composure, wasn't the most thrilling of games but really showed how the Blues have developed

C'mon the Blues!

Well Toulouse lost the match because they didn't scored. It's sad but it's Rugby. Let's hope they'll do better next year. Congratulation Cardiff boys nice defense even when Toulouse was trying so hard to score.

However the video from T. Dusautoir's try was cruel to see over and over during the match broadcasting. To me on the video it was a try (and a yellow card to Rush for handling the ball) but referee saw something else.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pierre-Selim @ Apr 17 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Toulouse lost the match because they didn't scored. It's sad but it's Rugby. Let's hope they'll do better next year. Congratulation Cardiff boys nice defense even when Toulouse was trying so hard to score.

However the video from T. Dusautoir's try was cruel to see over and over during the match broadcasting. To me on the video it was a try (and a yellow card to Rush for handling the ball) but referee saw something else.[/b]

I'm still not convinced it was a try, really doesn't look like one to me. Even if it was, it's still about time a bit of luck wen't our way ;) Rush didn;t touch it with his hands, I thought it clipped his foot so itw ouldn;t have been a yellow I don't think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pierre-Selim @ Apr 17 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However the video from T. Dusautoir's try was cruel to see over and over during the match broadcasting. To me on the video it was a try (and a yellow card to Rush for handling the ball) but referee saw something else.[/b]

I'm still not convinced it was a try, really doesn't look like one to me. Even if it was, it's still about time a bit of luck wen't our way ;) Rush didn;t touch it with his hands, I thought it clipped his foot so itw ouldn;t have been a yellow I don't think
[/b][/quote]

nah Rush definitely got a hand on it and it bounced forward off Dusautoir's foot before he touched it down, try should have been awarded and you can make the argument for Rush being binned but White was blindsighted so he got away with it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pierre-Selim @ Apr 17 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

nah Rush definitely got a hand on it and it bounced forward off Dusautoir's foot before he touched it down, try should have been awarded and you can make the argument for Rush being binned but White was blindsighted so he got away with it.
[/b][/quote]

ah fair enough, the video I saw wasn;t very good quality anyway, ah well :/ decisions like that have gone against the Blues a fair few times in big games before, so like I said, about time one went our way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 18 2009, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ah fair enough, the video I saw wasn;t very good quality anyway, ah well :/ decisions like that have gone against the Blues a fair few times in big games before, so like I said, about time one went our way.[/b]

It's part of the game. My point was, if I hadn't seen it on replay I would never have thought it was a try (and seeing it again and again to be refused was a bit cruel for the Toulouse fan I am.).

Good luck Cardiff for the semi-finals.

Latest posts