• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carling Currie Cup 2020: Round 1 (27 - 28 November 2020)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Dx7jtSC.png

Friday, 27 November 2020

BOa8h8P.png
JkoQs5J.png
gmMdPGA.png

Venue: Jonnson's Kings Park
Time: 19:00

Saturday, 28 November 2020

w526vS5.png
JkoQs5J.png
7Jlb8ez.png

Venue: Tafel Lager Park
Time: 16:30

k2LFb9B.png
JkoQs5J.png
2lR5kYQ.png

Venue: DHL Newlands
Time: 19:00

Sharks
Griquas
Bulls

They're not showing the Currie Cup on ESPN+, so I won't be able to watch it. They are showing Tri Nations which is nice, but I'd rather watch the South Africans. I find their style of play more exciting.

Last edited:
Sharks
Griquas
Bulls

They're not showing the Currie Cup on ESPN+, so I won't be able to watch it. They are showing Tri Nations which is nice, but I'd rather watch the South Africans. I find their style of play more exciting.
I see the Currie Cup will be shown on Sky Sports as well as on Rugbypass

Man, what a strange weekend of Currie Cup Rugby.

I think the Griquas must be feeling hard done by, as their match was called off after only 48 minutes due to lighting. even though there wasn't any initial signs of lightning. Especially as it seemed like they were starting to gain momentum against the Lions.

Then the WP and Blue Bulls match. I have to be honest, I didn't think we'd win, especially since we played more than 50 minutes with only 14 men after that red card, which I thought was at best a yellow card. But as always, Mr. Rasta thought of a way to continue his hatred against the Bulls by recommending a red card.

This lighting thing is ridiculous, if they are gonna keep on calling of games because of lighting them they might as well call of the competition, because it's summer and it's going to storm that's what happens in summer. We already have games called off because of covid scares and now it's the weather.

On another note. Happy with our convincing victory over Pumas. Let's build that confidence and chemistry we will win this tournament. Bulls watch out, our forwards are building towards something special. Van Der Mescht, and Richardson is going to be a power combo in the loosies in the future

This lighting thing is ridiculous, if they are gonna keep on calling of games because of lighting them they might as well call of the competition, because it's summer and it's going to storm that's what happens in summer. We already have games called off because of covid scares and now it's the weather.

On another note. Happy with our convincing victory over Pumas. Let's build that confidence and chemistry we will win this tournament. Bulls watch out, our forwards are building towards something special. Van Der Mescht, and Richardson is going to be a power combo in the loosies in the future
The Lightning issue is a bit of a frustration. But it's such a difficult thing to manage. And it was especially strange in the Griquas vs. Lions match, as the storm came in around 16:00. But what was even stranger, was the video footage showing the rain pouring, but not a single lightning strike was recorded. Also, the referee had a clock running, which they use as a safety measure.

had the storm passed, they would have returned to play. My cousin farms in Jankempdorp, which is about 70km from Kimberley, and he sent me a whatsapp of the storm. He told me it was the first time they had rain like that in over 7 years...

It was always going to be risky to play games in SA this time of year, because of our rainfall season and the heat. I would rather take these games, than none at all. And it's a good learning experience for SARU, in preparation for the global season and SA being part of a NH tournament who play the chunk of the matches this time of the year.

Bit late to the party in the comments but I actually think the red helped the Bulls in that the intensity from WP all but vanished (probs felt the game was in the bag we were so dominant against 15) and the Bulls found their focus and drive.. Its possible. Also felt it harsh- the red- but appropriate if applying the wording of the rules as far as I understand it.

Latest posts