• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter and Evans to leave for Europe?

''PI's'' in top nz rugby S14.

BLUES.

john aofa....born in nz. jerome kaino...born samoa been here since a kid.geroge pisi....born samoa*1

isala toeava...born samoa went to school in nz. ben atiga.....born in nz. keven mealamu.....born in nz

onosa'l tololima.....born in nz. taniela moa....born in tonga*2.isa nacewa....born in nz. joe rokocoko....
born in fiji*3

anthony tuitavake.....born in nz

CHIEFS

sosene anesi....born in tonga but went to school in nz. faifili levave...born in nz. sione lauaki...born in
tonga been here since a kid.

lelia masaga....born in nz. liam messam.....born in nz. mils muliaina...born in samoa been here since a kid

siti sivivatu...born in fiji*4. viliame waqaseduadau....born in fiji*5

CRUSADERS

ross filipo...born in nz.kahn fotuali'i....born in nz. casey laulala...born in samoa but been here since a kid

mose tuiali'i.... born in nz

HIGHLANDERS

alando soaki...born in nz. johnny leota...born in nz. lucky mulipola...born in samoa*6. niva ta'anso...
born in samoa*7. fetu'u vinikolo... born in tonga but went to school here.steven stephano...born in nz

CAINES

chriss masoe...born in samoa but been here since a kid. jerry collins.....born in samoa but been here
since a kid.

john schwalger....born in samoa but been here since a kid. rodney so'olalo...born in samoa but been here since a kid.

ma'a nonu......born in nz. neemia tiatala...born in nz tane tu'ipulotu....born in tonga but went to school here.

jonah lomu, doug howlett, tana umaga.......born in nz.

so as i have said most top players have been born in nz or have been here a long time.

only the 7 i have put an * next to are fob's

http://www.theroar.com.au/2008/04/17/aru-t...ate-investment/

ARU are basically wanting private investment in Super Rugby in Australia....is probably the only viable thing to do if we want to keep our players....maybe the Kiwi's can get some of the oil companies to chip in or something? Or get the mighty Speights to sponsor the equally as mighty Highlanders...

The article doesn't actually say what they mean as much, and doesn't say whether it means the investment will be pure buy outs by rich investors or what...should be interesting...

5 years time, NH rugby to be stagnating and SH rugby to be rolling in dough, sounds good to me. :D

the same idea is being throwin around here about private investment.if it comes to that i hope
we don't have the club Vs country that the NH have and start sending b grade teams to play tests!

the same idea is being throwin around here about private investment.if it comes to that i hope
we don't have the club Vs country that the NH have and start sending b grade teams to play tests!
[/b]
I like to think that we have better sporting values then that. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I like to think that we have better sporting values then that. :D [/b][/quote]

You probably do, but the franchise private owner doesn't give a flying f***...Money is the incentive,not rugby.

Agreed. Thats why we have to have rugby and it's intellectual property and competitions regulated by the IRB. So that money doesn't ruin the game any further. It's brought a lot of good to rugby, but there's some bad too.

Would the Auto & General Lions, Vodacom Blue Bulls and Vodacom Cheetahs fall into that private investment bracket? Auto & General is an insurance company and Vodacom is a telecommunication company.
Surely it's more than just sponsorship to change the teams name?

Would the Auto & General Lions, Vodacom Blue Bulls and Vodacom Cheetahs fall into that private investment bracket? Auto & General is an insurance company and Vodacom is a telecommunication company.
Surely it's more than just sponsorship to change the teams name?
[/b]

they are principal sponsors i dear say they have no input in employing caching staff managers
paying scoutts to poach NH players :bleh!: or day to day running of the team as a business.

No, you're talking about something completely different there. I'm correcting you when you say that Liverpool FC is a franchise. It isn't, Hicks & Gillet did not have to seek permission from the Premier League or the FA to run the team as a franchise because it isn't a franchise. Its a limited company and as such is run as one with a board of directors, etc.

Once again, it isn't a franchise, it is a limited company.[/b]

Well, the distinction is franchise v direct ownership of the brand. LLC has nothing to do with it. What matters is how the lender has got its claws in to the assets, including player contracts and stadium real estate.

A cock up like Liverpool FC could have happened in the credit crunch, the middle of the dot com boom, the 1929 Wall Street Crash or even the South Sea Bubble crash. Two guys with wildly optimistic expectations bouyed by big fat payments from their American sports franchises, buy a football team/company and burden it with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debt and then some more when they try and get a stadium built on credit too.

Nope, look at Manchester United and Malcom Glazer. Currently lumbered with £660 Million worth of debt in a refinancing package. The difference between Liverpool and Manchester United is that Glazer has let the club an its board do its thing, confident that as they were already a ruthless money making machine, they'd be able to cover the £62 million in interest they'd have to pay a year.[/b]

No idea about MU's balance sheet and revenues, but debt is getting more expensive to buy and to service because the banking system went crazy and is now paying the price. Maybe confidence will return with the mantra "the worst is behind us" - just like Dorothy got back to Kansas when she kept repeating, "There's no place like home"!

The problem for everyone in debt - states, businesses, homeowners, TRF members who max their credit cards on high heel shoes - is that the cost of servicing the debt (never mind repaying the principle) is increasing. What happens when the Glaziers need to refinance again? Mind you, MU is famous for its Asian presence, so they'll probably be OK on their revenues.

TV revenue is listed seperately from advertising. Advertising is a company paying you to display their logo on an electronic board, on your stadium or on your jersey. Television revenue is when a company pays you to broadcast the games that you pay. Advertising revenue is influenced by what games are going to be televised by Sky, the BBC, etc however. For example, if Sky has booked you playing big names like Arsenal, Chelsea, etc and has spent time and money promoting those games then you will be paid more in advertising revenue due to the fact that they will be reaching more people via the magic of television.

However, they are not the same.[/b]

They are the same - TV money comes from how many people watch and pay attention to the ads. Whichever way you look at it, if people are hassled with debt repayment they're not going to spend so much at the gate or by responding to ads. And from the top down, rugby could be badly hit by the disappearance from the jersies of the names of all those banks who are desparately trying to figure a way out of the mess they've created.

The problem with the credit crunch isn't neccessarily different from the problem that Japan has been experiencing for the last fifteen years to which I've been watching. Banks have been hit with huge amounts of bad debt which means they have to curtail on their lending. They're not stupid however which meant that they didn't suddenly pull back all of their investments from even successful and profitable companies, which is what some people are suggesting will happen with the credit crunch today. And to put the credit crunch into better perspective, the Japanese recession saw many of Japan's biggest banks go bust because of bad debt and the crisis was so bad that not even the famously free spending Japanese government could bail them out.

Financial firms like Morgan Stanley, Northern Rock and Credit Suisse may have posted multi-billion dollar losses, but nobody has gone bust, nor will they be allowed to (as we have seen with Bear Stearns). This may be a bad period which will go on for a long time causing pain, but we have seen far worse before in the last 20 years.

Just because banks are feeling the pinch doesn't mean that they will suddenly withdraw their money from Liverpool or Manchester United overnight. More likely that they'll settle for renegotiating the debt and taking a hit or hope that another consortium (like DIC in Liverpool's case) will come along with the money to cover some of the debt. [/b]
Fair enough. There are many different views on this. Mine is that the easy credit of the last 25 years is over, that the banks you're talking about are insolvent, and that the bail outs/liquidity injections are only staving off bankruptcy. Norn Rock is merely a pimple on the bum of this problem.

Still, at least it means the UK will adopt the euro!

I read on teletext that Carter has reportedly being offered 1.9million for one year!! Toulouse you blarrdddy marnus! lol thats mean dosh

aw heres the tvnz link http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1316907/1725755

Now thats a mean cashing in if he decides to go for a couple years and then come back for the WC... if he does.

I read on teletext that Carter has reportedly being offered 1.9million for one year!! Toulouse you blarrdddy marnus! lol thats mean dosh

Now thats a mean cashing in if he decides to go for a couple years and then come back for the WC... if he does.
[/b]

Hmmmmm....

If I were Toulouse I wouldn't bother spending anything close to that amount for Carter, or any player for that matter.

Carter can **** off anyway, I'm lyke sooooooo over him atm newayz lolz.

Yep, easily.

Only a one year deal as well - could work out preety good. Carter get's paid for a year than come's back, Evan's get's his wish to get a chance to stake his claim as the numero uno 10 and will commit till the end of 2011, which by than they'll both be in or near thier early 30's and successors will have already been groomed.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Hmmmmm....

If I were Toulouse I wouldn't bother spending anything close to that amount for Carter, or any player for that matter.

Carter can **** off anyway, I'm lyke sooooooo over him atm newayz lolz. [/b][/quote]

Seems weird to me - there are already 3 fly half (+1 with Elissalde) at Toulouse for the next season, Skrela, Gaffie du Toit & Courrent.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Hmmmmm....

Carter can **** off anyway, I'm lyke sooooooo over him atm newayz lolz. [/b][/quote]

Seems weird to me - there are already 3 fly half (+1 with Elissalde) at Toulouse for the next season, Skrela, Gaffie du Toit & Courrent.
[/b][/quote]

They might put Carter in second five position.

carter going would be a huge loss for the blues.. [/b]

Must be an even bigger surprise to Blues supporters to learn that they have Carter in the first place!

There were rumours that he wanted to go to move to Auckland/The Blues for personal reason's - they must've made that deal on the super duper quiet, haven't even noticed him although he has been injured alot this year.

I think Carter will go. Look at the amount that is on the table. He'll go and come back for the World Cup.

Latest posts